Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum pages slow loading

OverSword

What browser is everyone using ?

Would be interesting to see if the problem is there/not there in certain browsers.

Also for those experiencing it, does the problem occur on all pages or only some pages, and at some times or all times ?

I am using Firefox..

I too am using Firefox, but am ordering a Time travel machine from the Iranians right now, seems to be working for xsas. :yes:

• Like 1

I am using IE9

I have tried the site on Google chrome (as guest not signing in) and it was still the same....

When I load up the site sometimes it goes to a grey screen with nothing else on it, sometimes it has also done the same but white background

When trying to reply to a topic yesterday, I tried using the add link in the post and it would not display correct, could see all the blue parts but, but not much else or even the link box to add link in

The reply box would not allow me to use the quote either, so ended up using " " instead, while earlier on it would let me use it

Which has started me thinking, is it a glitch/error of some kind with Java etc

Dont know if any of this helps

I primarily use Internet Exploiter, but the same problem seems to arise on Firefox as well.

Firefox and the site is working fine.

It does seem to have speeded up back to normal

What browser is everyone using ?

Would be interesting to see if the problem is there/not there in certain browsers.

Also for those experiencing it, does the problem occur on all pages or only some pages, and at some times or all times ?

Before the database went offline I tried several browsers on several computers: IE8, IE9, Chrome, Firefox (most current versions of both) and I tried it on an XP desktop, a Win7 desktop, Win7 laptop, and a Surface Pro tablet with IE9. They all had the same issue with UM, and no other sites.

All the pages loaded slowly to not at all on just UM. I wasn't having trouble with any other web sites. As of yesterday when the database came back online, all my computers are running fine with UM, no troubles at all except for one... I tried to load someones profile page and it crapped out, but it hasn't happened since so I considered that one an anomoly.

I have to say that things are working fine for me now as well today, everything is loading at normal speeds.

• Like 1

Another "Unexplained Mystery" :rolleyes::rofl:

Edited by Jackofalltrades
  • Like 3

It still is a bit laggy, when clicking on notification's, but all in all, it is running a lot better than it has been :w00t:

I gave up yesterday, it was near impossible to load anything but today *knock on wood* everything works perfectly.

Google Chrome, by the way. And my location is really Croatia - our peak time is probably two people on the Internet but the homing pigeon can take it.

Personally, I think someone hacked UM and tried to make selected people miserable, because it's mostly the same group of people experiencing the same problems with no apparent reason at all.

Yes, I'm paranoid :D

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1

Personally, I think someone hacked UM and tried to make selected people miserable, because it's mostly the same group of people experiencing the same problems with no apparent reason at all.

Yes, I'm paranoid :D

Would that be the ones who Know too Much about [insert conspiracy theory of your choice here]?

• Like 2

Would that be the ones who Know too Much about [insert conspiracy theory of your choice here]?

You never know, one of the theories on this site might just be closer to the truth than anyone realise's, including the author of the theory

As for which one :hmm:

• Like 1

All ok now, but had to give up when "this site is under maintenance" sign came up last night, which was not a bad thing really, sleep was calling.

At first, my laptop was loading pages very slowly, last week. This week, it is still slow and both the cell and landline phones, aren't working right, along

with our tv service, it freezes every 30 seconds, then continues on where it froze at. This is just really weird!!! The are all paid up, there isn't any work

being done to the fiber optic cables, that I know of. Maybe it's because of a solar flare, that we weren't told about?!!! I just really don't know what the

problem is, but it is extremely frustrating!!!!

At first, my laptop was loading pages very slowly, last week. This week, it is still slow and both the cell and landline phones, aren't working right, along

with our tv service, it freezes every 30 seconds, then continues on where it froze at. This is just really weird!!! The are all paid up, there isn't any work

being done to the fiber optic cables, that I know of. Maybe it's because of a solar flare, that we weren't told about?!!! I just really don't know what the

problem is, but it is extremely frustrating!!!!

Contact your network provider

• Like 1

Today it seem's like it is slowing down again and it is also timing out :cry:

I have noticed on the status bar at the bottom of the page, there is a long mix of code or whatever, something to do with the googleadservices that pops up, and then says waiting for response from the UM site, and then lags, dont know if any of this help's in finding the problem

No problems on my end for the last week or so.

Nothing to report here either.

All good, at mine.

It has not done it here either since my previous post...

I am pleased to report that my end seems to be reasionably satisfactory at present too, although I will of course keep you informed. :blush:

• Like 1

All quiet on the UM front ....