Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Radio station jingles

Indiogene

When you drive in your car (or at home), you're in the mood to listen to something on the radios and what better place is to make a thread on radio stations and their catchy jingles. I found lots of them on Youtube both audio and visual, to look at the logos of (some bygone) radio stations both on the FM and AM dials. I can remember KHJ from L.A. before they became a Spanish-language station and KCBS from San Francisco in the night hours "clear as a bell".

In Southern California are local radio station jingles:

North America radio station jingles (US, Canada and Mexico):

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indiogene

A more recent bumper from XEW of Mexico City, known as "W Radio" , has a network of radio stations across Latin America including the USA.

• 1 month later...

The current Los Angeles area radio market bumpers, logos and station jingles, but I couldn't find a collection of them from the Palm Springs and Riverside-San Bernardino markets. KDES of Palm Springs and KFXM of San Bernardino are mentioned in the "Southern California Radio jingles" beginning post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9927C-Ms0Z0#!

• 2 months later...

From the former East Germany was Radio Berlin International in the 1970's on shortwave. From a time when the Berlin Wall was up and Germany was divided into 2 nations, the station broadcasted a news program in English like many shortwave radio channels to be heard globally. State-controlled by the East's communist regime, RBI aired commentary critical of the United States and capitalism. German reunification in 1989-90 brought an end to RBI with its' final on-air words: "Take care and good luck".

• 2 weeks later...

And there's still a shortwave station available over North American airwaves: Radio Havana Cuba, continues to be a state-sponsored mouthpiece of communist propaganda. I only have the intro jingles of the English-language broadcast, so sit tight.