Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does anyone build their own here?

Merc14

I have a Q6600 that overclocks like crazy and a Thermaltake Typhoon that works great I will sell for very little if you're interested. Not sure of the rules here so PM me if interested.

do you deliver also ? to syria loool

the problem is not with getting new one it's that am not interested in buying one

which will be carried away without questions by next time someone feels like " searching " the house

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

do you deliver also ? to syria loool

the problem is not with getting new one it's that am not interested in buying one

which will be carried away without questions by next time someone feels like " searching " the house

Oh man, I am sorry mate. You're building under circumstances I can't comprehend and have all my respect sir.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

Is the samsung series 7 gamer any good for games:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Series-Gamer-700G7A-Laptop/dp/B006TAKNB6 ?I have to get a gaming laptop(due to hospitalisation), unfortunately I am not made of money, what is the best choice?thanks

This isn't bad for the price, looks nicer than the Samsung, but it is windows 8. (which msot people prefer windows 7) You could always buy an oem copy of windows 7 for the money you save.

http://www.amazon.co...sbs_computers_7

This is good for even less:

http://www.amazon.co...63363507&sr=1-2

The Samsung seems overpriced to me. You usually pay more for Sony or Samsung etc, jsut becuas eof the name. MSI and ASUS are the brands I tend to go for, they aren't as well known but have far more experience with computer components. So i trust them more, you usually get far more for your money with better build qauilty.

Sucks you have to go into Hospital though, best of luck to you.

Edited by Coffey

I always usually go with Kingston HyperX memory if I can find a decent deal. Went with Corsair this last time though, will be renovating my machine next weekend, I need to do the wiring and swap cases.

This isn't bad for the price, looks nicer than the Samsung, but it is windows 8. (which msot people prefer windows 7) You could always buy an oem copy of windows 7 for the money you save.

http://www.amazon.co...sbs_computers_7

This is good for even less:

http://www.amazon.co...63363507&sr=1-2

The Samsung seems overpriced to me. You usually pay more for Sony or Samsung etc, jsut becuas eof the name. MSI and ASUS are the brands I tend to go for, they aren't as well known but have far more experience with computer components. So i trust them more, you usually get far more for your money with better build qauilty.

Sucks you have to go into Hospital though, best of luck to you.

I think Asus is making some of the best laptop computers right now. Good luck in the hospital and log in if you need any support mate.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

I considered building recently. Seemed like fun but too much of an experiment for me to justify the money. I got an $800 HP desktop with 10G ddr3 ram, amd six core whatever the hell that means, TB hard drive, readon 1G graphics. It works, It's sick, it's fast, it's quiet as a Mac. I'll run Total War Shogun 2 full settings no problem except maybe a little lag in multi-thousand character battles on played on 3x speed. I've heard it can run Battle Field 3 maxed out which is supposed to be the ultimate test to date. I know the joy of building something on your own but for similar or less money you can buy a blazing PC with a warranty so that's the road I took. My last and still around PC was an HP from 2004. Everything but the motherboard and the case has been upgraded or replaced throughout the years and it's still a great computer. Very future friendly.

I considered building recently. Seemed like fun but too much of an experiment for me to justify the money. I got an $800 HP desktop with 10G ddr3 ram, amd six core whatever the hell that means, TB hard drive, readon 1G graphics. It works, It's sick, it's fast, it's quiet as a Mac. I'll run Total War Shogun 2 full settings no problem except maybe a little lag in multi-thousand character battles on played on 3x speed. I've heard it can run Battle Field 3 maxed out which is supposed to be the ultimate test to date. I know the joy of building something on your own but for similar or less money you can buy a blazing PC with a warranty so that's the road I took. My last and still around PC was an HP from 2004. Everything but the motherboard and the case has been upgraded or replaced throughout the years and it's still a great computer. Very future friendly.

The cool thing about building is you never buy a new computer. You update parts as you go. Start with a high quality case, power supply, ODD and HDD and build the system from there. As technology changes you swap things in and out. My LIan Li cases and PC Power & Cooling PSU's are all 8-10 years old now and running fine. When things are on sale at the Egg I buy them and replace.

Tech support is BS after you build because it is your system and you go to the forums and ask and then learn. The other nice thing is there is no garbage on our systems. There is the OS and whatever we want on there, nothing else.

If you want to build later let us now and we'll help with parts. You'll get ten different opinions but they'll all work and NEVER go cheap on PSU's and cases becaus ethey last for years.

• Like 1

Appreciate that. I did plenty of research and forum scanning about it. I was worried about something not working. I was able to upgrade my old PC for 9 years. If that's anything to go by I'll probably get back to you on that around the year 2020 give or take. So long as I can play games smooth and detailed and use photoshop I'm good.

Appreciate that. I did plenty of research and forum scanning about it. I was worried about something not working. I was able to upgrade my old PC for 9 years. If that's anything to go by I'll probably get back to you on that around the year 2020 give or take. So long as I can play games smooth and detailed and use photoshop I'm good.

Just ask, we'll design one for you that will blow anything else you can buy from a dealer up.

• Like 2

Starting on my fourth build.

Case

Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX Hybrid Computer Case FD-CA-NODE-304-BL

Motherboard

ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard with USB BIOS

Memory

CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML16GX3M2A1600C10B

Processor

Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz

So far these are ordered. Still researching more.

Starting on my fourth build.

Case

Motherboard

ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard with USB BIOS

Memory

CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML16GX3M2A1600C10B

Processor

So far these are ordered. Still researching more.

That looks awesome Maureen. The ITX realm has become a fun place to build. There realy is no limit to the power you can have a in a very small case. I built a few AMD APU models for a customer and some mini-ITX as well and they were amazing. WHat will ot be for and are you adding discrete graphics?

Edited by Merc14

Honestly, we need another computer. 6 is not enough. Lol. Our others have served us well, but it is tips to upgrade the living room computer as it needs more power. My 11 yo has ventured into the world of 3d creations using a program called Blender.

Our other systems are fine for most folks, but we do a lot of gaming. The one thing this entire family enjoys is computer gaming together. We have been LAN partying since before the young uns came along. We need a fourth system for me. Lol

Someone always gets left out. Namely me.

Oops, haven't decided on a Video Card yet, however, I will be finding one that will carry us. FYI, the 11 yo helped build his over 3 years ago. He will build this one as well.

Edited to answer question ....

Edited by Maureen_jacobs

Does anyone have some suggestions on a pc gaming build to make for a really low budget in the UK?

Honestly, we need another computer. 6 is not enough. Lol. Our others have served us well, but it is tips to upgrade the living room computer as it needs more power. My 11 yo has ventured into the world of 3d creations using a program called Blender.

Our other systems are fine for most folks, but we do a lot of gaming. The one thing this entire family enjoys is computer gaming together. We have been LAN partying since before the young uns came along. We need a fourth system for me. Lol

Someone always gets left out. Namely me.

Oops, haven't decided on a Video Card yet, however, I will be finding one that will carry us. FYI, the 11 yo helped build his over 3 years ago. He will build this one as well.

Edited to answer question ....

LAN Party with the family sounds like fun. My 7 year old is interested in building yet but I am hoping he gets into it when he starts playing real computer games.

Does anyone have some suggestions on a pc gaming build to make for a really low budget in the UK?

We need your budget and will you need a monitor and other peripherals.

About £200 and no monitor or peripherals required.

You're going to hav eto look into used parts. Find a forum that buys and sells parts and work with them

Hmm...

Is there any parts you recommend to look for?

I have a graphics card and sound card already.

and a hard drive.

I just need the rest.

Case

Motherboard

Memory

Processor

New parts ordered:

Cooling

Corsair Hydro Series H90 140 mm High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Hard Drive

WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX

Power supply

SeaSonic G Series 550-Watt ATX12V/EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply SSR-550RM

Still trying to find the right video card

Hmm...

Is there any parts you recommend to look for?

I have a graphics card and sound card already.

and a hard drive.

I just need the rest.

What graphics card?

You can probably build a very basic AMD based machine for under $200 if you have the hardware you listed if you use Ubuntu or the like as teh OS.