Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Name the Pope!

The purpose of this post is to predict the name of the new Pope; but not who will be the new Pope. Since I like the Prophecies of St. Malachy, but believe that "Glory of the Olives" refers to more than one Pope. I will not predict a Pope Peter, the last Pope according to Malachy. I predict the new Popes name will be... Benedict XVII! What do you predict?

• Like 1

I bet the new pope will be named Peter and he will be a Canadian.

Pope Ye.

He'll be from the Asian arm of the Church.

• Like 1

That's all I can stands I can't stands no more

LOL. You think you're so clever.............................

Pope anything but "Peter"

For some reason the name Beneficent comes to mind, but there has never been a pope by that name. My other choice is Leo after my star sign. That also just popped into my head.There has been about 13 of them, so the odds are better. If Leo, he is also likely to be Italian.

Hi Eldorado,

Knowing that we both have sardonic humour, i know i won't offend if i mention recent events in Scotland, i have no idea of the name of the next Pope, but lets hope it isn't Robert Helpmann the First from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, only used in symbolism, please scroll down link below to "LATER CAREER":_

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Helpmann

Obviously i have karma difficulties with the Catholic Church ha ha!

• Like 1

The new Pope will be Tarcisio Pietro Bertone, "Peter the Roman", born in Romano Canavese whose middle name is Pietro meaning Peter in Italian. :tu: Bets are on.

• Like 2

Petrus Don Formosus II. Icke told me so.

Edited by Thegreatsilence

The new Pope will be Tarcisio Pietro Bertone, "Peter the Roman", born in Romano Canavese whose middle name is Pietro meaning Peter in Italian. :tu: Bets are on.

So you think the hierarchy of the church will do that to themselves? Maybe, but it seems like painting a target for a shitstorm on their backs.
  • Like 1

Pope Ye.

He'll be from the Asian arm of the Church.

He'll come from the Phillipines then.They are the only country in Asia that have Catholics as a majority.So no doubt this Ye guy will be the Archbishop of Manila.

Btw I think it's easier not what to call him.Isn't it in the next pope's reign which heralds the return of the next Antichrist.So you don't want to call him the names of the popes that ruled during the times Napoleon and Hitler were dictating.It'll be like a red rag to a bull if they name him Mephistoles I.I think they need to continue the trend of using Latin and medieval names.The naming of the next pope will be a solemn occasion.Anybody with a jokey name need not apply.Though it dosn't really matter if your naming two satellites of Pluto.

Edited by Medium Brown

Peter the Roman.

Petrus Romanus.

So you think the hierarchy of the church will do that to themselves? Maybe, but it seems like painting a target for a shitstorm on their backs.

I actually don't. I threw the prediction out there more as tongue in cheek in reference to the prophecy. My bet is they might go for the Egyptian guy, just to spite the rise of the MB in the ME or the one from Lebanon. Similar to what they did with the Polish Pope amidst the Cold War.

Edited by Black Red Devil

For a minute there I thought they had elected a black Pope named Smoke. *sigh*

• Like 1

Stephen.

Do I win a prize?

You get a free mass and one dispensation.
  • Like 2

For a minute there I thought they had elected a black Pope named Smoke. *sigh*

What? "Smoke got in your eyes?" :whistle:

• Like 1

You get a free mass and one dispensation.

Great!

Can I have a dispensation from worship? then there'll be no need for the mass.

Pope Bacchus the Party

At least nothing about this guy is Peter related...except he had a brother who died who's name was Pietro. But...what if this guy is actually Pietro and the younger brother was the one who died...kind of like a bait and switch?! Ha! take that UM forums!