Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pet. Peeves.

Keel M.

Now that I'm thoroughly peeved, I thought this would be a good time to start a thread for people to share the things that annoy you most. :)

First for me are calls which come across on a Caller ID as PRIVATE. 100% of the time they are a sales call and blocking their number is their way of making you think it's something else entirely. Equally as bad is when they just hang up. Someone called for one of my bosses earlier under the PRIVATE phone number thing so I said he wasn't available to take the call and asked if I could take a message. She just hung up on me.

:td:<_<:angry:

If they can't let me see who's calling I don't answer the phone.

What I really hate is cheaters and liars.

Edited by Hilander

I just turned on the TV to catch the local new and weather and they got the swearing in of the Cardnals. Isn't there a Catholic channel for that? Honestly who really cares, I could see braking in if they had elected a pope but this is ridiculous.

• Like 2

If they can't let me see who's calling I don't answer the phone.

I do that at home, but I can't here at work. Someone else will answer if I don't.

People that have no honor- liars, thieves, trespassers..

Chicago drivers.

I have costuming pet peeves too.

This happens often at my local gas station... Watching people pay for already prepared foods and junk food with food stamp (EBT Cards) then proceeding to hand the cashier a wad of cash and a stack of Lottery numbers to run for them.

Dammit people, if you don't have the money for food, then you definitely don't have the money to gamble.

• Like 5

Chicago drivers. :lol: The idiots around here tend to go down the wrong way on a one-way aisle in the parking lots. If the parking spots are angled, the traffic must go one way. If they are straight, then it's two way. I always drive down the centre of the aisle and let them either back up or try to get around me.

• Like 1

People who tailgate in traffic. Also people who stand too close to you while you are waiting in line.

People who play crappy music really loud, in a car or at home.

People who let their kids behave badly in public.

Respect personal boundaries and have some manners, people! (I sound like an old meanie :innocent:)

• Like 2

people who stomp on the floor when they walk and feel the need to talk and yell at the top of their lungs, even though they know people live under them.

i'll just shorten that i hate neighbors of any kind lol.

parents at resturants that let their kids run around or be completely obnoxious when others are trying to have a meal.

• Like 2

Retail metamorphosis, when people turn spartan to do their shopping,

Automated answer services for utilities and similar,

People not recycling and seeing the waste just forced into bins without a moments thought of the environment,

Geez I could go on all day....I think I just turned into my old man

• Like 1

Automated answer services for utilities and similar

oh my god this i haaaaaaaaate automated crap i haaate it i just try to mash the 0 key till i get a freaking human on the phone.

Edited by Iron_Lotus
  • Like 3

Pet hate threads

They only work when you've got a valid reason for them.You need solid evidence has to why they get on your nerves.So what makes an unhappy medium browned off...

Polictians,Chavs,bus drivers,cold callers,charity workers hanging about in supermarkets,reality TV stars,British soap opera's,roadwork maintenance crews,trolls and keyboard warriors,bullies,racists,sexists,fundamental Christians,cultists,The Royal Family and all other toffs,wasps,mosquitoes and crane flies,horses on public roads,dog crap on pavements,perma- tanned people and finally dog- ends and pubic hairs in kitchen sinks.

Pet hate threads

Trolls :whistle:

• Like 1

My pet peeve is when women fan their eyes with their hands when they cry.

They only work when you've got a valid reason for them.You need solid evidence has to why they get on your nerves.So what makes an unhappy medium browned off...

Polictians,Chavs,bus drivers,cold callers,charity workers hanging about in supermarkets,reality TV stars,British soap opera's,roadwork maintenance crews,trolls and keyboard warriors,bullies,racists,sexists,fundamental Christians,cultists,The Royal Family and all other toffs,wasps,mosquitoes and crane flies,horses on public roads,dog crap on pavements,perma- tanned people and finally dog- ends and pubic hairs in kitchen sinks.

What, pray-tell, is a keyboard warrior?

My pet peeve is when women fan their eyes with their hands when they cry.

:w00t: Yeah I don't get why they do that either. It's so.... superficial-looking?

Automated answer services for utilities and similar,

I know how to get around them and it works the majority of the time. When it tells you to push this or that number for the information you are looking for don't push anything. The computer will ask several more times, but someone has to answer in case you have some sort of disability making it difficult for you to respond in that manner. By law, they can't ask why you didn't go through the automated system. :devil:

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 4

What, pray-tell, is a keyboard warrior?

It's a more technical term for a troll.It goes into greater detail about what they really get to in their basement.A very common image of them is somebody banging their head on a keyboard.They are the type of people who will never agree to disagree.They can never be reasonable and do everything for cheap laughs when they have lost an argument.And that's before they start harassing you by telling you to get a life.When in reality we are more switched on than then.They are the online version of bullies and despicable to boot.

Edited by Medium Brown
  • Like 2

:w00t: Yeah I don't get why they do that either. It's so.... superficial-looking?

They say they do it because it stops their mascara from running. But it never works.

~ People who call an "All-in" raise, holding 2-7 and justify it by saying "ohh, but it's Suited" (it's particularly a pet-peeve when they get lucky and beat your Pocket 10's)

~ People who consistently use the wrong term between "except" and "accept"

~ People who think they know better than experts with decades of scholarship experience, all because they read a Conspiracy site for 10 minutes.

That'll do for a start :ph34r:

• Like 2

Kids that leave school for lunch and make you late returning to work from your own lunch because they crowded into Subway. :P

When the neighbors in the house to the south of us are actually in residence- it's their "away from the city" house, and it bugs the snot out of me every time they are out here. Because I never know if they are going to be destructive, stealing, or having all out fights that spill onto my property. Or if they are just going to sneak in and out because they are hiding from folks.

• Like 1