Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pet. Peeves.

Keel M.

Neighbors generally stink as of late. What we need is a medieval castle with a moat around it.

• Like 4

People who talk to someone who is right beside them so loud that I can hear there entire conversation across the room.

TL;DR :td:

I hate, hate, hate people who cannot take the time to read something, and then feel the need to comment that they're too lazy or uncaring to have read it.

The glorification of stupidity too.

I know how to get around them and it works the majority of the time. When it tells you to push this or that number for the information you are looking for don't push anything. The computer will ask several more times, but someone has to answer in case you have some sort of disability making it difficult for you to respond in that manner. By law, they can't ask why you didn't go through the automated system. :devil:

I like you....that's awesome

• Like 2

I totally loathe commercials on TV.

I of course appreciate the fact of the necessary evil to have them, but damn......

Its like having 10 different door-salesmen banging down your frontdoor every 15th minutes or halfhour.

If you watch some half-ass p***-poor TV show it doesn't matter that much since its a good time to go to the toilet or kitchen or whatever when the commercial break is on, but if you watch a full-lenght movie or something and having this **** every 15-20 min is beyond annoying.

IIRC a few years back it was discussions about a stop and start signal that would be broadcasted out when the commercial-break started and ended.

This signal would be picked up by your VHS if you recorded the movie or TV-show and stop recording when the signal came and then started when the commercial where over, so people wouldn't wear out their FastForward-button on their remotecontrol when they watched it afterwards.

Of course, the advertising industry, went ****in mental over the suggestion.

If they could have their way they would have a signal that blocked the possibility for people to switch channel when the commercial break was on instead.

Since I never record anything on DVD or VHS from the TV anymore- I don't know if this is use or what happened to the suggestion in the end.

I think its a matter of wearing people down, if you shove the commercial down their throat as often and hard you can they cave in in the end.

Its like if you kick someone long enough in the head soon they get numb and start to get use to it, and if you totally bury them with images of just your own product they wont think twice about considering another product when they gonna buy something

I would bet that 90% of the people hate commercial and 9% is indifferent and 1% looking forward to see it, and that is the same thing as commercial spam-mail.

If they can get 1 or 2% of the people receiving it to buy their product they are doing a profit but the remaining 98% of the people would like to wring the neck of the spam-mailer when their mailbox is flooding with **** like -"Enlarge you penis with 3 feet" or -"How about a hard-on that last for five weeks".

Of course in TV commercials they have to buy their time there and they also have to make a commercial-flick that costs money but they reach millions of people that couldn't care less about what they are selling but they catch those 1 or 2% that would buy their product without asking a question.

They do a considering profit on those 1-2% but annoy the living **** out of 98% of the people.

Since I´m on the rant with TV and commercial I got to hear peoples view on the spoilers in the beginning of TV series, what gives?

If I sit down to watch a show I don't want to see the highlights or the plot of the show 20 seconds before its starting.

Are people that hard to amuse or just that jaded that they have to show highlights of the show when its seconds from starting?

To add on this they have to have the same highligts showing from the coming part of the show before they go to commercial-break, and to top this they have a short resumé of what happened when they come back from the break plus the upcoming highlights again.

I could get that short resumé is for people just switched to the channel, but at first glance its like they assume all viewers have Alzheimers.

I mean WTF!!!

Smiley_soapbox.gifanim_angry.gif

Edited by EllJay
  • Like 2

EllJay, we had a VHS recorder, about twenty years ago, when whatever we played back it fast forwarded through the commercials automatically. It finally died and I tried to find another one and they had been taken off the market. Nobody I talked to had even ever heard of them.

• Like 1

I heard of them Michelle, but never had one.

It was the best thing since sliced bread. :P

• Like 1

Neighbors generally stink as of late. What we need is a medieval castle with a moat around it.

Let me assure you, nothing - but nothing - stank like a castle moat in summer! Imagine all those 'garderobes' discharging directly into the water!

• Like 2

Intolerance, my pet peeve is intolerance without a doubt lol.

• Like 2

EllJay, we had a VHS recorder, about twenty years ago, when whatever we played back it fast forwarded through the commercials automatically. It finally died and I tried to find another one and they had been taken off the market. Nobody I talked to had even ever heard of them.

The only problem with VHS's is the actual tape getting tangled up.However adverts are like the speed of light when it isn't.However I prefer Sky Plus.Their motto is " press and record".It's a shame there isn't a DVD that can record programmes.If only to get rid of the sickly smell of ad's.So you can say these are a bit of a pet peeve.Why are they so unusually loud?They are tres irritating when they try to sell insurance or thinly disguise themselves as a reputable giver of loans.Shame there isn't a picture of a shark!They also try to flog a lot of unhealthy stuff.I wish all the characters take a leaf out of the Welsh opera singers fate by being sucked into a black hole manufactured by Stephen Hawking.

What also irritates me is guys that type really huge paragraphs. They are like 40 rows high and totally unreadable.They are mostly but not exclusively about " alleged" sightings of UFO's and ghosts. Some of their computers have not been supplied with an " enter" button.It's usually newbies that compound us with these posts.

Edited by Medium Brown
  • Like 1

Smallprint that needs a degree is law to understand.

Putting empty or near empty food containers back in the cupboard/fridge,

Waiting for people after they say I'll be there at such a time,

Shopping with a woman...having to try everything on

Excuses/ blatant lies...so you slept in, couldn't be bothered just keep it real respect that far more...

rant list over

Edited by ciriuslea

Let me assure you, nothing - but nothing - stank like a castle moat in summer! Imagine all those 'garderobes' discharging directly into the water!

I had to run off to Google to look up definition of 'garderobes'. But I had actually seen this before on a TV show about castles. They showed a castle on the river dropping its trap door of waste into the water. A real joy for nearby boats.

People who say "now that wasn't so bad was it?" when I never SAID it was bad to begin with.

When people find out at college that I know the answer to pretty much everything they teach us, and suddenly everyone wants to sit next to me in class. I think I'll stick to being a loner, thanks.

People who are unnecessarily loud during class, then ask to copy my notes. Maybe if you shut your mouth and opened your notebook, you'd know what was talked about.

• Like 2

Yeah, you see there, the bloody b******* are trying to suppress it. It's a conspiracy I tell you.

I bet there is a signal that goes on with the commercials so if one was handy in electronics one might pick it up and implement it in ones newer system. Whould be worth quite a sum of money on the black market: Guaranteed Ad-free bull**** Gimmik . I would buy 3 just for the hell of it.

There is a certain ring in hell dedicated to ad-makers and door-to-door salesman where they shall never get any quarter from rabid doorknockers, phone-terrorists and paper-ad avalanches.

• Like 1

Lately my biggest pet peeve is when someone comes up to a stop light and stops two full car lengths behind the car in front of them... Especially when there are multiple lights close together (which also annoys me)... this often forces people to be stopped several times by the same light, and only helps to further snarl traffic, or not being able to enter a turn only lane because some so-and-so hasn't pulled up closer to the car in front to let you in...

EDIT: And don't get me started on how peeved I get when some clown emptys his garderobe into my moat!... That's where my moat monster lives and they are an endangered species... It tears at my heart when I see Squiggy writhing around (or at least his 15 upper tentacles) in such discomfort... He's got sensitive skin you know, and that 'poo' causes his normally healthy coat of slime to slough off leaving him vulnerable to that brutal Oklahoma sun...

Do you have any idea how much sun screen it takes (spf 1000) to coat one of them? Poo in the moat was what killed off his wife Gladys (that wasn't her real name of course... but I lack the tripple vocal channels they do and so can't pronounce any of their names)...

It's pretty hard to find unattached female moat monsters here in the States (most of them are either in hiding or in congress)... So if any of my Euro-friends has a spare single female(ish) moat monster laying around, maybe we could do some match making and make poor old squiggy happy (well... as happy as a moat monster can get)...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3

I remembered another pet peeve of mine over the weekend: people who lecture car drivers about motorcycle safety when half the time I see a motorcyclist on the highway, they are weaving in and out of traffic and they don't feel that they should sit at a traffic light like the rest of us but slowly wind their way through the stationary cars in order to get to the front of the line and take off first. I know not all of them do this - especially Harley Davidson owners - but enough of the others do it to get me peeved.

• Like 2

That's standard in Vietnam, although here they are mostly little motorbikes. Anyone in a car here is an idiot -- it takes triple the time to get anywhere and there's no place to park.

Wish I could help you but moat monsters are extinct in Asia.

You mean there are no Asian Mail Order Moat Monster Bride catalogs?... Dang... Squiggy is going to be upset...

• Like 2

I've a wallpaper that depicts a coyote baying at the moon. Unfortunately someone touched it up so that there are several giant moons in the sky. Poor animal must be going nuts!

• Like 1

I've a wallpaper that depicts a coyote baying at the moon. Unfortunately someone touched it up so that there are several giant moons in the sky. Poor animal must be going nuts!

Or loving it...

• Like 1

Preachy Vegetarians and Vegans. I support your choice, but don't come yelling at me because you can't accept mine

Edit: And charity workers that try and make me feel bad because I won't commit to feeding starving African children every month or whatever. Lady, I'm a student on minimum wage. When Taq can afford to feed Taq on more than 2 minute noodles, THEN I'll consider everyone else

Edited by InvaderTAQ
  • Like 3