Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Leonardo da Vinci was right all along

Still Waters

He has long been praised as one of the finest artists of the Renaissance, working far ahead of his time and producing some of the world’s most recognisable works.

But Leonardo da Vinci has finally received the credit he deserves for his “startling” medical accuracy hundreds of years in advance of his peers, as scientists match his anatomical drawings with modern day MRI scans.

http://www.telegraph...scans-show.html

• Like 6

The man was way ahead of his time.

All the more amazing is the purposeful dedication to task of Da Vinci. Can you imagine spending hours dissecting rather odoriferous decomposing bodies for the simple purpose of advancing one's learning.

• Like 1

Too bad they were not published in his life time they would have helped advance medical knowledge in his time.

What if he was a serial killer and cut many people open like Jack the Ripper and that's how he knew the human anotomy so well... Hmmmmm.

• Like 2

The pity is that geniuses like Leonardo are so rare. Imagine what the world might be like if that was the norm, or even 5% of the population?

The pity is that geniuses like Leonardo are so rare. Imagine what the world might be like if that was the norm, or even 5% of the population?

Imagine how many have been aborted in today's day and age.

• Like 4

What would you expect? The guy was a phenom. He also must've had no gag reflex or sense of smell. He was known to keep decomposing bodies in his home just to study decomposition and internal organs.

• Like 1

All the more amazing is the purposeful dedication to task of Da Vinci. Can you imagine spending hours dissecting rather odoriferous decomposing bodies for the simple purpose of advancing one's learning.

I know someone's got to do it, but.....eeeewwww.

I have an incredible sense of smell and can find a tiny, dead baby mouse once I get within twenty yards of it.

Edited by Michelle

Covered in paint?

• Like 3

off topic but I wanted to say I love your avatar! I've loved laurel and Hardy since I was knee high to a grass Hopper. Met some great people who used to do a great impersonation of them when I was younger. Anyways just wanted to say great avatar!!!

Haha knee hight of a grasshopper! Havnt heard that one since i wAs the knee hight of a grass hopper

If I remember right wasn't Leonardo Da Vinci imprisoned in 1509 for suspicion of being homosexual by the Church? And this is where he did his autopsies, which is the reason they weren't published? I don't know if I got that right, but I remember something like that...