Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother Arrested for reciting Constitution?

F3SS

The title of the thread is misleading, purposefully to get a reaction.

Another example of spinning a newsstory to fit an agenda. It's sickening.

She was arrested for the public nuisance and the threat. Whether or not she is guilty of that is another story.

• Like 2

I also have issues with how they set property taxes. You can buy a house with property taxes at a certain amount. You own the house for 30 years and have done and paid for work to be done to it. You may never plan to sell, but you are assessed what they tell you your house is worth. Even though there may be chance in heck of you getting that much out of it.

I think if the government charges you property taxes based of of their percieved value of your home, then they should be required to put up. You charge me $$ because you think my house is worth $230,000. Sold!!! Sold to the government for $230,000.

But, the thing you are failing to realize is that 'the government' is run by the tax payers. If the system is unfair, we have it in our power to change it, we aren't helpless in this.

The title of the thread is misleading, purposefully to get a reaction.

Another example of spinning a newsstory to fit an agenda. It's sickening.

She was arrested for the public nuisance and the threat. Whether or not she is guilty of that is another story.

You're right and I meant to make note of it. It's what the source said and I wanted to change it but couldn't figure out another relevant sounding title. I like the blazes articles but their headlines are often sensational or misleading.

• Like 1

You're right and I meant to make note of it. It's what the source said and I wanted to change it but couldn't figure out another relevant sounding title. I like the blazes articles but their headlines are often sensational or misleading.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean that pointed at you. I knew it came from the article. That's how ALOT of media does it nowadays, not just The Blaze.

They tend to try and twist our opinions before we even read the thing. And, unfortunately, it seems to work.

• Like 1

They do have the right to assume value. That's how it's done pretty much everywhere. Maybe she shouldn't have purchased a house.

On the other hand, doubling value is pretty insane. That's why we have elections and courts. So that people in government can be replaced and actions changed. You'd have to hope that she actually votes. And files a civil suit.

Going off in a public hearing really didn't get her anywhere but possibly in jail.

She obviously pushed the wrong button on the wrong (probably insecure little pencil pusher) clerk. But in her defense, how do they justify doubling a rate when there is no growth in the economy and no evidence improvements were done to the property? It looks like tyranny from a small minded bureaucrat to me.
  • Like 2

But, the thing you are failing to realize is that 'the government' is run by the tax payers. If the system is unfair, we have it in our power to change it, we aren't helpless in this.

That's true in theory. Realistically, there isn't a politician who will take it on. So we are somewhat helpless.

• Like 2

Most houses in this country have lost value (what? 20-30%?) thanks to the "housing bubble" bursting. Our house (tax assessor) estimated value went down ... But.. the property taxes went up.

. . . We the people... in order to form a.. (On the floor dirtbag!!**!*)

• Like 1

But in her defense, how do they justify doubling a rate when there is no growth in the economy and no evidence improvements were done to the property?

Possibly because the last evaluation was made in 1988.

• Like 1

She obviously pushed the wrong button on the wrong (probably insecure little pencil pusher) clerk. But in her defense, how do they justify doubling a rate when there is no growth in the economy and no evidence improvements were done to the property? It looks like tyranny from a small minded bureaucrat to me.

I would agree. Or even perhaps willful negligence letting automated processes determine it.

Looks like Tiggs nailed it. But, I was going to comment that all it takes is some California idiot to buy a super inflated house a block or two away and Everyones "assessed value" will skyrocket. Either that or something like a library, school or shopping area might have been put in nearby... those will raise property value also.