Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supernatural Worldview Clouded My Mind

ambelamba

It's been eight years since I stopped being a Christian.

I am not happier, especially in this financial situation. But I feel freer and less gullible. When I look back my history I can only shake my head. Did I really think like that? I believed in everything: angels, demons, spirits, spirit worlds, higher planes, and all that kind of jazz. And such belief really wacked out my mind.

Although I do not deny the existence of God, I pretty much consider myself a materialist. And my worldview seems whole lot saner. When I cut out supernatural belief out of my system my mind became much clearer. But it's kinda frustrating that some people see me as becoming blinded or lost. Again, I can only shake my head and walk away.

When you think you've found something, there's always more to it. Whether the "more" there is more realistic or more mystical.. "oh, I hadn't considered it like that, now my worldview flipped around all over, whoops". Whatever works for you, for the time it works for you.

I am not happier, especially in this financial situation. But I feel freer and less gullible. When I look back my history I can only shake my head. Did I really think like that? I believed in everything: angels, demons, spirits, spirit worlds, higher planes, and all that kind of jazz. And such belief really wacked out my mind.

Although I do not deny the existence of God, I pretty much consider myself a materialist. And my worldview seems whole lot saner. When I cut out supernatural belief out of my system my mind became much clearer. But it's kinda frustrating that some people see me as becoming blinded or lost. Again, I can only shake my head and walk away.

Congrats on your peace of mind, man. It's what we are all seeking. You found it where you needed to and so do the rest of us so I guess we are all okay.

don't know about demons ..... but its nice to have a few angels around once in awhile

And such belief really wacked out my mind.

How, though?

I think humanity i s the basis of religion because we can use are mind and emotion best if we relate a bit more to others around us and become part of a larger family.God can exist or not exist,both ways we need to find out for our own selves,

demons and ghosts may or may not exist but we will have to research to be sure,(Needs too much time)

We listen to some one and start believing but later we can question why we started believing in the first place,

In a spiritual process we must come across,rationality,reality, understanding and profound wisdom for if we the creations can become so wise then surely if their is a creator a god he has to be really wise and powerful,

many ppl claim divine experiences But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we must use the wsidom and power of understanding better in our life and in our methods of acquiring knowledge,A person tries to be honest in his spiritual approach thats the point i guess becoz we cannot imagine things that will only cloud our judgement ,

maybe discarding excess beliefs that has no basis can be a great relief but god is surely their, there is too much evidence all around ........

• Like 1

Although I do not deny the existence of God, I pretty much consider myself a materialist.

:huh: Is that not a direct contradiction?...

You're courageous to share yourself to us. I also sense you have honesty in you. What was it that led you to put your faith in Christ?

Hi Ron Jeremy,

I feel that God is my friend. He loves me even I am not perfect..

I'm starting to see His beauty in everything. I see Him even in myself. And that truly, my friend, is something wonderful.

In you I see His work in perfection. Life is a quest and a gift and only briefly in our lives, we are able to re-evaluate it.. and when we do, we have a chance to change course of our lives.

Thanks for sharing interesting

and personal things about your life.

Edited by ainomieli

Actually your the same as when you belonged to the cult. Again you have a very strong reaction to those outside of your belief system. I am not a believer, but from my experience, many of my friends who are strong believers are quite sane and many more so than my friends who are not, of course there are very sane atheist and agnostics as well....perhaps I am not one of them LOL.. I can see you in the future yet again falling into some right wing religion and thinking, how could I have not believed in angels, demons etc. Find some balance. We don't know, what keeps us sane, be we believers, agonstics are atheist is some understanding of how little we actually do know. Maybe you should look deeper into your religious past, or seek something a little more balanced before you go off half cocked into yet another black and white universe......

doug