Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please welcomne Pope Francis I!

Space Commander Travis

Argentinian cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio has been elected as the new leader of the Catholic church to succeed Pope Benedict who resigned last month.

White smoke billowing from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel at the Vatican early on Wednesday evening signalled that a new Pope has been elected by the conclave.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/03/13/new-pope-elected_n_2868559.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cukt2%7Cdl1%7Clink4%26pLid%3D162887

:clap:

• Like 1

I believe that he is the first Pope from the Western Hemisphere, actually - the first Pope Not from Europe...

Well - okay, that drama is over - now the press can get back to important matters like the on going "Kardasian Girls Clown College" - it's what they are best at anyway...

• Like 4

Yer well his first job is to tell his Countrymen to keep their filthy hands off the Falkland Islands..

• Like 2

Wow, honestly didn't expect a result so soon. Good to hear. And at 76 years old. this guy's only two years younger than Benedict was when he was chosen. That is rather strange that they've gone for two elderly Popes in a row. Not sure how long this guy's going to last at his post, maybe we'll have two Retiree popes in succession?

I couldn't understand a word he was saying from the balcony, but it could have been "Keep off the grass".

• Like 1

I watched via NBC online and the consultant they were talking to kept saying over and over what a robust guy this one is, so....?

I watched via NBC online and the consultant they were talking to kept saying over and over what a robust guy this one is, so....?

Ha ha, the Mullars must be crapping them selves.

+1 for selecting a Argentinian Pope. The Hispanics are numerous followers of the Catholic Faith so this is itleast a cathartic victory for them. And Im glad the Vatican heard there request for a South American Pope.

Perhaps the first good news Ive come across from the Vatican in many many years. But time will tell.

• Like 2

So who gets the prize for being the first to contrive some way of fitting him into the "prophecies" of that old fraud Malachy?

So who gets the prize for being the first to contrive some way of fitting him into the "prophecies" of that old fraud Malachy?

Someone who speaks Italian and could guess where from the surname “Bergoglio” comes.

Because Malachy spoke of Petrus Romanus.

Romanus we can fit easily: new Pope is Argentinian, but of Italian descent, so, obviously, Romanus.

Petrus could be Peter or anything resembling a rock, stone, boulder or such.

Jorge doesn’t fit, that’s just George, and George comes from Greek “farmer”. Yes, really. Mario is totally out.

So, where from surname Bergoglio comes? From "Berg", hopefully? :D

Someone who speaks Italian and could guess where from the surname “Bergoglio” comes.

Because Malachy spoke of Petrus Romanus.

Romanus we can fit easily: new Pope is Argentinian, but of Italian descent, so, obviously, Romanus.

Petrus could be Peter or anything resembling a rock, stone, boulder or such.

Jorge doesn’t fit, that’s just George, and George comes from Greek “farmer”. Yes, really. Mario is totally out.

So, where from surname Bergoglio comes? From "Berg", hopefully? :D

Berg: Mountain: rock! you've got it! :D

Berg: Mountain: rock! you've got it! :D

The Tower of Babel... if it didn’t fall back then, it would fall now.

Malachy's prophecy aside, I have more up-to-date conspiracy: Francis I is the first Jesuit ever to become the Pope. Since Jesuits are traditionally in charge of the hardcore science in the Church (think Jose Gabriel Funes, also a Jesuit, also an Argentinian, and – director of the Vatican Observatory) the new pope choice clearly indicates the aliens are in contact with the Catholic church and the disclosure is about to happen.

I should do this professionally.

• Like 2

And he is a Jesuit *does a little dance and shouts Hurray*. Wow, my local parish is run by a Jesuit Priest, can't begin to tell you the difference he has made in my attitude to the faith. An outreach Pope who remembers that Jesus kept company with tax collectors, lepers and prostitutes - expecting good things from this guy. :clap::tsu:

From the following article link:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/03/14/03/18/pilgrims-wait-for-smoke-after-three-votes

The longtime archbishop of Buenos Aires has spent nearly his entire career at home in Argentina, overseeing churches and shoe-leather priests.

Like other Jesuit intellectuals, Bergoglio has focused on social outreach. Catholics are still buzzing over his speech last year accusing fellow church officials of hypocrisy for forgetting that Jesus Christ bathed lepers and ate with prostitutes.

• Like 1

Wow, honestly didn't expect a result so soon. Good to hear. And at 76 years old. this guy's only two years younger than Benedict was when he was chosen. That is rather strange that they've gone for two elderly Popes in a row. Not sure how long this guy's going to last at his post, maybe we'll have two Retiree popes in succession?

I hope I'm right when I say a true Jesuit is extremely unlikely to ever retire.

Hi libstaK,

I celebrate with you, however please note there is a long tread to this, and astronomy hasn't yet been discussed, i'm a bit like a "Bull Dog chewing a wasp" at the moment, i'll reply soon!

• Like 1

He is also the fist pope named Francis .......god bless you pope Francis

• Like 1

He is also the fist pope named Francis .......god bless you pope Francis

Yes very odd. St. Francis is beloved by non-Catholics as some sort of a medieval Dr. Doolittle, but is downplayed by the curia. Historically mystics or anyone who claimed direct communion threatened the Church authority. I thought maybe he took the name from St. Francis Xavier, founder of the Jesuits. However ...

"Vatican spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi has confirmed that the name refers to St. Francis of Assisi, the founder of the Franciscan order, often seen as the Jesuits' traditional rivals."

Interesting, and on the face of it, refreshing. Hopefully he'll bring some good people from Argentina with him to replace the status quo.

• Like 3

The choice for Pope is a surprise to me, but I like it. It seems it's time to close the book on St. Malachy's prophecies... until the last Pope Peter II. Kinda gives away the last days, doesn't it!

Could they not find a someone who hasn't toadied up to a murderous, tyrannical regime?

I'm beginning to think it must be a minimum requirement for the job. :devil:

Could they not find a someone who hasn't toadied up to a murderous, tyrannical regime?

I'm beginning to think it must be a minimum requirement for the job. :devil:

I presume you mean ArgentIna? Would it have been better to have gone somewhere else and left the people to it? he did actually try to do quite a bit to help the poor and underprivileged, if you read a bit of the biog about him. Would just leaving them and pursuing his career somewhere else have been better, then?

• Like 1

Yes very odd. St. Francis is beloved by non-Catholics as some sort of a medieval Dr. Doolittle, but is downplayed by the curia. Historically mystics or anyone who claimed direct communion threatened the Church authority. I thought maybe he took the name from St. Francis Xavier, founder of the Jesuits. However ...

"Vatican spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi has confirmed that the name refers to St. Francis of Assisi, the founder of the Franciscan order, often seen as the Jesuits' traditional rivals."

Interesting, and on the face of it, refreshing. Hopefully he'll bring some good people from Argentina with him to replace the status quo.

Again, not at all surprised - I knew it was after St Francis of Assisi immediately, very pleased with his choice of name and his namesake is my favorite saint.

• Like 4

A theologically conservative (meaning uptight about sex) redistriubutonist reincarnation of St. Francis, symbolic humility and all. Makes me uneasy.

• Like 1

Hell, i love Helen of Annoy, perhaps i have Karma Issues with Catholic Church, but i would hate to be at odds with my good buddy Helen, obviously i have astronomy factors unknown to this point!

Could any enlarge on Malachy with new Pope?

http://www.theworkof..._prophecies.htm

:D

Oh, I understand your issues because I too have issues with churches in general.

So I’m not Catholic, but Catholicism is part of my heritage, and what’s more important than that, there are some truly great people who happen to be Catholics and I won’t ever let them down.

A theologically conservative (meaning uptight about sex) redistriubutonist reincarnation of St. Francis, symbolic humility and all. Makes me uneasy.

Uptight but forgiving. That’s what Christianity should look like.

Meaning that you can’t expect Vatican to ever bless orgiastic life style, but those who have sinned (or “sinned”, depending on personal belief) should be embraced, encouraged to change, not ostracized. Ostracism happens without churches too, human tribe is cruel one.

Anyway, my religion lost its shape in my mind, but I didn’t really lose faith.

So even in my amorphous spiritual state, I feel great sympathy for St. Francis (of Assisi). New pope couldn’t choose better name.

• Like 4