Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Pope John Paul I murdered ?

Simbi Laveau

I searched,and found nothing,so if this topic has been posted before ,I apologise for the repost.

I'm actually surprised there isn't more info about this,as a Papacy that was only 33 days long ,reeks of the good old days of the Vatican .

Anyone have more to add ?

http://www.prose-n-poetry.com/display_work/10583/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1383867/Was-Pope-John-Paul-I-murdered-John-Julius-Norwichs-burning-question-.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_John_Paul_I_conspiracy_theories

http://ncronline.org/blogs/all-things-catholic/debunking-four-myths-about-john-paul-i-smiling-pope

Edited by Simbi Laveau

It is a possibility...

Not too sure if it is the same pope I read about some years ago, but, there was a pope that was supposedly poisoned, and the burial was hurriedly done with no post mortem done, apparently....

• Like 2

It is a possibility...

Not too sure if it is the same pope I read about some years ago, but, there was a pope that was supposedly poisoned, and the burial was hurriedly done with no post mortem done, apparently....

There was a lot of that back in the day. Kings ,queens,popes.....

It was suggested Pope John Paul II was also murdered ,but that was because he was feeble and infirm ,and a new pope cannot take over until the old one dies.

He was ill,unable to lead ,and could have lived a lot longer. So they smothered him .

This had to do with this popes knowledge of bank fraud ? And there are numerous discrepancies as to who found him ,and in what condition .

I don't think an autopsy was done here ,and it was deemed a heart attack .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Could be the same one that I mentioned in my previous post then, as he had a heart attack (hat was the official story anyway)

Check out "In God's Name" by David Yallop. Watch "The Godfather Part III", which deals with criminal and financial ties to the Vatican bank. That last suggestion probably sounds ludicrous, but the mob film makes a veiled reference to the cause of Pope John Paul I's untimely death. Read up on the P2 Masonic lodge too.

• Like 1

This had to do with this popes knowledge of bank fraud ?

That's the main theory. Of course, I can't say whether or not it's true. That said, the old saying, "follow the money", may apply. The woo crowd has a fixation on "33".

• Like 1

As I became older I also became more disillusioned with the Catholic Church. It's treatment of women, the out of date dogma and all the child abuse going on was contrary to its very teachings. Centuries ago it was easier to keep the public ignorant and submissive but in the 22nd century we are not so easily fooled. Do we really need the papacy to tell us how to behave and how to treat each other? Especially when it is a do as I say not as I do dogma? Is the Catholic church the only way to enter into heaven? I am quite certain that a great number of priest and nuns no matter how pious the appear while alive are not in heaven but somewhere warmer. This pope is already old and set in his ways and he will probably die in office.

• Like 1

Centuries ago it was easier to keep the public ignorant and submissive but in the 22nd century we are not so easily fooled.

Who knew that a time-traveler posted here!? What's life like in the 22nd Century?

• Like 1

It is a possibility...

That would be probably John Paul I. Took them forever to make the decision and less than a month he was dead. And he was younger and looked way healthier than some of the old sots they had since. The priesthood is as crooked as they come and has its fingers in all governments etc.

• Like 1

There was a lot of that back in the day. Kings ,queens,popes.....

It was suggested Pope John Paul II was also murdered ,but that was because he was feeble and infirm ,and a new pope cannot take over until the old one dies.

He was ill,unable to lead ,and could have lived a lot longer. So they smothered him .

This had to do with this popes knowledge of bank fraud ? And there are numerous discrepancies as to who found him ,and in what condition .

I don't think an autopsy was done here ,and it was deemed a heart attack .

No one actually would ever admit to such things but the Vatican has a lot of dark secrets in their many closets.

Who knew that a time-traveler posted here!? What's life like in the 22nd Century?

Sorry I meant 21st. But I doubt it would be any less different in the 22nd century. Greed, dirty little secrets and a hunger for power is just a part of the human condition.
  • Like 2

No one actually would ever admit to such things but the Vatican has a lot of dark secrets in their many closets.

They had assassins .The crusades were blood baths because........ Hysterical

Check out "In God's Name" by David Yallop. Watch "The Godfather Part III", which deals with criminal and financial ties to the Vatican bank. That last suggestion probably sounds ludicrous, but the mob film makes a veiled reference to the cause of Pope John Paul I's untimely death. Read up on the P2 Masonic lodge too.

There were a lot of assumptions having to do with his untimely death. All I know is he was a favorite of a lot of the people and his sudden death was a shock to everyone, not to mention the silence of the church as to what happened left a lot of people wondering.

Interesting he could have been posioned.like the other poster said they did that a lot back then is to poison people.

you have free masons who are cardinals and whose position of power and wealth is threatened it is not a surprise the poor pope was murdered. Not to mention the fact that a lot of people involved in the banking scandal and the mafia connection were also murdered or died under suspicious circumstances.

Edited by minera

As I became older I also became more disillusioned with the Catholic Church. It's treatment of women, the out of date dogma and all the child abuse going on was contrary to its very teachings. Centuries ago it was easier to keep the public ignorant and submissive but in the 22nd century we are not so easily fooled. Do we really need the papacy to tell us how to behave and how to treat each other? Especially when it is a do as I say not as I do dogma? Is the Catholic church the only way to enter into heaven? I am quite certain that a great number of priest and nuns no matter how pious the appear while alive are not in heaven but somewhere warmer. This pope is already old and set in his ways and he will probably die in office.

That is what suprises me is how the Catholic church/Vatican say they preach the word of God but go against God's word, and God's Ten Commandment's...

The Commandment's I know they (the Vatican) have broken is as follows...

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image (they have loads of idols/statues/paintings/pictures etc and they bow down to them)

Thou shalt not kill (all through the history of the Vatican they have murdered people that refused to accept their authority, even though those same people was believers in the word of God and the Bible, Reformation, crusades etc etc)

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy They (the Vatican) have changed the Sabbath day (which they have admitted) which they changed from Saturday to Sunday, which was and still is Saturday NOT sunday (Saturday in various different languages means Sabbath, as far as I am aware, plus saturday is the seventh day of the week while Sunday is the first day of the week, the Sabbath Day is for all mankind NOT just Jewish people).......

In the Bible in Matthew 23:9 it states

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."

Which we all know that the Vatican and other churches, their priests are called father

The papacy is nothing more than a "middle man" or at least trys to be,.......

In my opinion we do NOT need ANY church or their leader's to tell us how to live or treat each other, that was the whole intention of the Ten Commandments, and the reason why Christ was here for, which was NOT to start a church like the ones we have today, but to teach everyone how to treat each other and how to worship God.......

The ONLY way to enter Heaven (according to the Bible) is through Christ, there is no need for ANY church

@ Simbi.... sorry for temporarily going offtopic

I just watched something on this on Brad Meltzer's Decoded show on the History Channel. They had a very interesting theory that involved the Vatican Bank and the bank's head, Paul Marcinkus along with Roberto Calvi (who was found dead in London under mysterious circumstances). There was even talk that the third Fatima Prophecy was about Pope John Paul I and the corruption of the church.

• Like 3

you have free masons who are cardinals and whose position of power and wealth is threatened it is not a surprise the poor pope was murdered. Not to mention the fact that a lot of people involved in the banking scandal and the mafia connection were also murdered or died under suspicious circumstances.

How can Catholic cardinals be Freemasons? The church forbids its members from joining that group. Of course, it's possible that Catholics could secretly and surreptitiously join that fraternal organization. They could face excommunication if they do so, though.

How can Catholic cardinals be Freemasons? The church forbids its members from joining that group. Of course, it's possible that Catholics could secretly and surreptitiously join that fraternal organization. They could face excommunication if they do so, though.

The only time any Catholic would be ex-communicated is if they are publicly linked to the Freemasons, as long as it is not in the public eye, which it would not be, then they (in my opinion) will not be ex-communicated.......

The Jesuit order, which from what I have read are somewhat similiar to the secret services,CIA, MI6 etc, (I do not know if there is any truth to the claims, it is just what I have read)

They (Jesuits) are supposedly infiltrators of government's, organisation's etc etc, IF that is true then I dont see why a Catholic cardinal cannot be a freemason

• Like 1

The only time any Catholic would be ex-communicated is if they are publicly linked to the Freemasons, as long as it is not in the public eye, which it would not be, then they (in my opinion) will not be ex-communicated.......

The Jesuit order, which from what I have read are somewhat similiar to the secret services,CIA, MI6 etc, (I do not know if there is any truth to the claims, it is just what I have read)

They (Jesuits) are supposedly infiltrators of government's, organisation's etc etc, IF that is true then I dont see why a Catholic cardinal cannot be a freemason

They *could* be in the Freemasons or the Mafia. It just goes against church law. As for the Jesuits, weren't they formed to stop the spread of Protestantism? Jesuit priests are as sharp as tacks. They run some of the best colleges and universities in the world. I don't see them as some sinister group like the "Illuminati", though. They're pretty mainstream. Pope Francis is one. The Knights of Malta and Opus Dei are quite fascinating, though. That's not just because of Dan Brown. Check them out if you haven't done so. Of course, we all know that the Knights of Columbus run the show. ;)

• Like 1