Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

different types of meditation - why

SpiritWriter

When I first started meditating my meditations were very vivid, beautiful, alive with symbolic and spiritual imagry that played out like a colorful montage of video feed behind my closed eyes for as long as I sat there. But now I just sit in the dark for the most part, its not that it isnt still meaningful, it is but it is not the same at all. Sometimes i will get a clear picture but now it is only brief, when it happens I have to pay special attention, it is like a gift.

Why the change and is there anything I can do to get the vividness back? Have other people encountered this?

Edited by SpiritWriter

When I first started meditating my meditations were very vivid, beautiful, alive with symbolic and spiritual imagry that played out like a colorful montage of video feed behind my closed eyes for as long as I sat there. But now I just sit in the dark for the most part, its not that it isnt still meaningful, it is but it is not the same at all. Sometimes i will get a clear picture but now it is only brief, when it happens I have to pay special attention, it is like a gift.

Why the change and is there anything I can do to get the vividness back? Have other people encountered this?

Yes for about two years strait.

During this time i also doubted allot of things I believed in whole heartily including my intelligence, my drive, and my choices. I ususaly wrapped it up to "getting old" but I'm not sure what changed

Just kind of fell into my grove again and its back.

hope this helps

• Like 1

Sometimes i will get a clear picture but now it is only brief, when it happens I have to pay special attention, it is like a gift.

I think the problem lies here for both of us. The trick is not paying special attention & not trying to control it.. My best experiences have always occured when in a state that is observant but not really paying much attention at all.. Er, it sounds impossible after re-reading this, lol, but it's a sate of just being.. just observing, but not ego-controlling..

Yes. Like anything, I think you have to change it up a bit. Find new ways to connect. Also sometimes there are just dry spells.

I think the problem lies here for both of us. The trick is not paying special attention & not trying to control it.. My best experiences have always occured when in a state that is observant but not really paying much attention at all.. Er, it sounds impossible after re-reading this, lol, but it's a sate of just being.. just observing, but not ego-controlling..

What I mean is to pay attention to the meaning of it. Sometimes it is so strong I cannot help having to and knowing I should, but that is more about what I take with me in waking life. Not that I havent tried to focus on an image and had it go away..its funny though, I still get the messages and slight pictures and even images that I am to later draw.. the one I drew yesterday was clearly linked to something else I came across on the internet, and that has been happening a lot.. not just on the internet but with books and life etc. Even you professor T when I drew that star formation and you told me the name of it.. I looked it up and was like ohhh I drew something others have seen and there is a name! There really is so much in the collective consciencness its amazing. :) but thank you so much for what you said.. I was really realizing this notion greatly the other night. The images were still not vivid and clear but there was a lot of subtle activity everywhere, like many screens instead of one and I really knew I could not focus on everything or not even one thing. I did not perceieve or even begin to hardly perceive the universal mind but I got a glimpse of the beginning of its understanding. If that hadnt of happened I probably wouldn't have been able to hear what you had to say and understood it the way I do now.. so thank you professor T I really mean that. :)

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

Even you professor T when I drew that star formation and you told me the name of it.. I looked it up and was like ohhh I drew something others have seen and there is a name! There really is so much in the collective consciencness its amazing. :) but thank you so much for what you said..

Thanks for this we Gem of validation.. :tu:

When I posted that I had spelled the word wrong.. My higher self made me go back and correct the spelling, telling me that it was important I got it right... Now I know why..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tell me, what type of meditation are you using?

I'm asking this because there are 2 main branches of meditation, eastern and western.

The "western" style, is dependent on the active state of meditation. You are "doing something". The "eastern" style is trying to achieve a state of "no mind".

Though, in their highest forms, the result is the same. The "stilling of the waters of the lake of self". In the eastern form, you do this by removing the "self" (really the ego) so that you may fully join with the "one". The western form, you focus on the "subject" of the meditation to the point that you fully identify yourself with the object, hence, no "self.

Been happening to me as well, almost like my inner-self is ignoring me and I have felt the need to ground and cleanse my chakra's almost daily lately.Trying binaural beats at moment and been getting some fantastic results with this http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread473254/pg1 . Meditative state seems easier for me to reach, which it states it will promote, among other things. First time I listened to this arrangement of binaural beats overlaid with Bach , it worked fabulously.

I'm asking this because there are 2 main branches of meditation, eastern and western.

The "western" style, is dependent on the active state of meditation. You are "doing something". The "eastern" style is trying to achieve a state of "no mind".

Though, in their highest forms, the result is the same. The "stilling of the waters of the lake of self". In the eastern form, you do this by removing the "self" (really the ego) so that you may fully join with the "one". The western form, you focus on the "subject" of the meditation to the point that you fully identify yourself with the object, hence, no "self.

I'd never heard that expression ^ ... but .. sometimes i imagine a still surface of water (within) and random thoughts and images as minor disruptions on the still surface.. i pay them no particular mind and the surface calms. I pay more attention to how i feel than what i imagine... i don't try to 'see' things. I just breath and RELAX.

I use brain waves for meditation, I would highly recommend this track if you want to try..

I just close my eyes and see what comes. Previously some scary type situations or negative energies, per se came to me, only when that happened did I change "what would come" my focus sometimes is with the light, my attempt in this is basking in the holiness of god, but I dont do this always, sometimes I am in praise but for the most part I would say I'm just still.

My visions are getting a little better again. Its not nearly as vivid when I first started, I think the vividness I had previously was my induction and if I should get to this point again I will not take it for granted. Neither will I take for granted what God is speaking to me now. I dont think the purpose is the amount of vividness although it is very great, but more what I am gaining for the day in whatever form it may come, yes we get this by being still and communing with "the one" but also in our everyday atmospheres and states of mind. Recently ive been meditating while drawing. I also meditate by writing. These three seem to coincide and thier principalic meanings seem to grow in me and also get validated in the world. I think the spiritual life is so awesome. I look forward to all the types of meditations I will receive, whether they are faint (behind darkened glass) or bright and looming and adventuresome, or whatever else. I just have to remember to be greatful for it all. At this point I think it is about intention and discipline.