Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Military movements west of Chicago

rashore

Soooo.... I've heard in from Chitown friends.. Some unusual military movements going on today. Two air movements reported.. I'm privy to pics that of course I can't share those.. But someone put up a Youtube of it, and I feel free to share that, and it's pretty much the pics I was shown. Both movements were like what is seen in the video... Now, I think the title of the video is overly alarmist. but...

[media=]

[/media]

And reported as well has been convoy movement, Rockford way along highway 39.

Of course, this all could be normal, and perfectly explainable... However, the area is not noted for military movements like this, and what happened today is rather unusual for what ordinarily goes on for military movements in the area.

I'm not trying to CT though it was kind of presented to me in that fashion. Just thought this is the kind of gossip that UM likes to know about and gossip on, so I thought I would share...

Edit: typo error.

Edited by rashore

You should see it near Reno,Nevada and Fallon, Nevada.

It is normal. Well, not a typical thing, but a routine movement.

Wouldnt of been going in the direction of Detroit or New York would they ?

I was living in Jackson, MS once and saw (felt and heard) an overflight of 8 Black Hawk helos flying very low and in a tight, fast formation. It was MUCH louder than I would have imagined. There is an Air National Guard Base there.

I will never forget living close to the airport in Calgary when Airforce one flew over my house with 2 jets. Twice in 6 yrs.

The noise was awesome.

I don't see what's to be concerned about...

I live at least a day and a half drive from the nearest Fighter base, and sometimes I see CF-188 Hornets flying (relatively low) over my home.

Untill there are boots on the ground knocking on your door. There is nothing for you to worry about It is just a bunch of helicopters most likely on an exercise or moving to another base in the country.

~Thanato

• Like 2

don't you think it'll be too late to worry by than?

Does not military equipment move or is it stationary. Would you truck helo`s or just fly them to another base one at a time to be all secret.

By then it's stand your ground or get the hell outta Dodge.

• Like 1

By then it's stand your ground or get the hell outta Dodge.

The stand your ground will end badly.

• Like 1

Does not military equipment move or is it stationary. Would you truck helo`s or just fly them to another base one at a time to be all secret.

have you ever seen a blackhawk up close?

have you ever seen a blackhawk up close?

And the point is.

The stand your ground will end badly.

Probably, it depends on why they are knocking at my door. :P

my guess you didn't, or you would not be asking if helos can be trucked,

i doubt they'll be asking for you to join them,

It's far more sensible than worrying about it every time you see a military vehicle.

Oh you left that wide open you hippi that wants to have guns ;) Funny I may called a lib but yet I love guns. I don`t have one but if I heard my front door being kicked it the first person to walk into my room would get a bladeé

• Like 1

i doubt they'll be asking for you to join them,

So they knock at your door what do you do. Pull a gun.... You think private ownership of weapons equals a united front against the machine.

I leave about 300 yards south of the fence of Selfridge Air Base in MI. My road lines up with the runway. Cargo planes, jets, and helicopters fly over everyday, and I mean low, so low that you can see the pilot and wave (i use to love seeing them wave back when i was a kid). I've had a copter, that was the same kind in that video, hover over my back yard so low that the wind was knocking stuff over, it was cool but also p***ed me off at the same time.

I always kind of find it funny when people freak about planes and helicopters flying over. But I guess thats just because its been a common thing to me my whole life.

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 2

Oh you left that wide open you hippi that wants to have guns ;)

I not only want them, I have them and I'm legal to carry them. Ya know, I never did ask how many I could carry at one time. :innocent:

• Like 2

I not only want them, I have them and I'm legal to carry them. Ya know, I never did ask how many I could carry at one time. :innocent:

I can totaly see carry as self preservation in your country but do you think as the far or mod right thinks is to protect againts a tyranical government. I`m conservative aka rep as far as Canucks go.

I can totaly see carry as self preservation in your country but do you think as the far or mod right thinks is to protect againts a tyranical government. I`m conservative aka rep as far as Canucks go.

I don't anticipate having to use a gun against the government or from an invasion of some kind. I think of them more as another piece of equipment in my natural disaster kit.

• Like 2

So they knock at your door what do you do. Pull a gun.... You think private ownership of weapons equals a united front against the machine.

naw, i wont open the door, and wont pull a gun, i'll call police.

i think private ownership of weapons is exactly that- private ownership of weapons.

i never mentioned a word about guns in this thread,

Edited by aztek

I don't anticipate having to use a gun against the government or from an invasion of some kind. I think of them more as another piece of equipment in my natural disaster kit.

Have you ever bought ammo or a gun using a credit card number or a debit card. As Much as I hate to say it, something just feels wrong. I take cash out from debit know and use it to buy my sin purchases aka beer and ciggs.

Have you ever bought ammo or a gun using a credit card number or a debit card. As Much as I hate to say it, something just feels wrong. I take cash out from debit know and use it to buy my sin purchases aka beer and ciggs.

Cash, check, whatever... I only buy guns legally so my background has already been checked and they are registered. I know what you mean though. Ammo, usually cash I guess. You have to remember, I live in Tennessee. The entire state is very pro gun, self defense and our government is fighting heavily for our gun rights.

Edited by Michelle