Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Military movements west of Chicago

rashore

Cash, check, whatever... I only buy guns legally so my background has already been checked and they are registered. I know what you mean though. Ammo, usually cash I guess. You have to remember, I live in Tennessee. The entire state is very pro gun, self defense and our government is fighting heavily for our gun rights.

I hope that most Americans remember canadian citizens are well armed to. Almost as many guns as citizens most own more then one if hunters or gun fans. I`m a gun fan huge and well if the Canadian gov came after the people they would loose. The US citizen against the worlds largest military and police force maybe not so well.

• Like 1

naw, i wont open the door, and wont pull a gun, i'll call police.

i think private ownership of weapons is exactly that- private ownership of weapons.

i never mentioned a word about guns in this thread,

Given the tone the police might not be the best call unless there are police you can call on the police. Of course we are taking about helo`s moving around the sky.

Edited by The Silver Thong

I hope that most Americans remember canadian citizens are well armed to. Almost as many guns as citizens most own more then one if hunters or gun fans. I`m a gun fan huge and well if the Canadian gov came after the people they would loose. The US citizen against the worlds largest military and police force maybe not so well.

Well, if worse comes to worst, you know at least I've got your back! :tu:

I wish you'd been here earlier when some of the self righteous Canadians were telling us how few guns you have and they are all stored properly, so they never get into the wrong hands. The laws are strict so no one every breaks them. lol

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

have you ever seen a blackhawk up close?

I have, they are cool helicopters. Capable of carrying a good amount of troops and equipment inside and slung loaded. I wish the RCAF got them instead of the Griffon.

~Thanato

have you ever seen a blackhawk up close?

I have flown in many Blackhawks (I was in an Air Cav Brigade once)... very good 'copters...

What i saw in the video was what looked like 3 CH-47 (Chinook) helicopters and three Blackhawks... The troop carry capacity of the blackhawks is 11 equipped troops (max) and the chinooks carry from 33-55 troops depending on the version of the chinook and the equipment of the troops...

So what you are seeing is (at most) 198 troops (not counting helipoter crew who -as a rule- do not fight on the ground)... 198 troops are not going to take over very much at all (in the grand scheme of things)... If it were a 'hostile troop movement' you would see entire battalions (or Squadrons as the Cav calls them) in the air heading to single destinations... something on the order of 10 times the aircraft you see in this vid...

In all probability what you saw was a single company (cav troop) enroute to either national Guard/Reserve training camp, or maintenance flights...

Trust me if the Army is ever sent into attack the people YOU WILL KNOW! Plus you also have to remember that the Army is made up of citizens who have the same reservations about the government overstepping itself as anyone else does, and moving against non-revolting population is NOT going to happen...

• Like 5

Soooo.... I've heard in from Chitown friends.. Some unusual military movements going on today. Two air movements reported.. I'm privy to pics that of course I can't share those.. But someone put up a Youtube of it, and I feel free to share that, and it's pretty much the pics I was shown. Both movements were like what is seen in the video... Now, I think the title of the video is overly alarmist. but...

[media=]

[/media]

And reported as well has been convoy movement, Rockford way along highway 39.

Of course, this all could be normal, and perfectly explainable... However, the area is not noted for military movements like this, and what happened today is rather unusual for what ordinarily goes on for military movements in the area.

I'm not trying to CT though it was kind of presented to me in that fashion. Just thought this is the kind of gossip that UM likes to know about and gossip on, so I thought I would share...

Edit: typo error.

3 Chinooks and 2 Blackhawks - that's going to be a fairly short-lived "take over".

Military craft fly around all of the time and have been for decades. Come down to where I grew up near Camp Shelby, MS. Every morning for the entire summer it was like Apocalypse Freaking Now with all of the helicopters flying around.

• Like 2

More gossip... Obama is purported to be speaking at the Argonne National Lab today... So that might have something to do with yesterdays movements.

I live near Austin, Texas out in the "sticks", and I have been seeing, in the past couple of weeks, REALLY low flying helicopters going over our place. :no:

Now, I'm used to seeing airplanes in the sky, but these helicopters are REALLY freakin' loud and flying very low, but too fast to be looking for wildfires or drugs....

What makes me mad is when they wake up my two year old from his nap!! :gun:

I think if they if they wake my kid up from his nap I have EVERY right to shoot them down, right? :angry:

I'm kidding....

BTW, I really don't think the majority of the military will just "do" whatever Mein Furher Obama says. Many in the military (my sis served in Iraq, and my other sis is married with two kids to a man in the Air Force) are NOT happy with him.

I live near Austin, Texas out in the "sticks", and I have been seeing, in the past couple of weeks, REALLY low flying helicopters going over our place. :no:

Now, I'm used to seeing airplanes in the sky, but these helicopters are REALLY freakin' loud and flying very low, but too fast to be looking for wildfires or drugs....

What makes me mad is when they wake up my two year old from his nap!! :gun:

I think if they if they wake my kid up from his nap I have EVERY right to shoot them down, right? :angry:

I'm kidding....

BTW, I really don't think the majority of the military will just "do" whatever Mein Furher Obama says. Many in the military (my sis served in Iraq, and my other sis is married with two kids to a man in the Air Force) are NOT happy with him.

Where they happy under Stalin Bush?

Where they happy under Stalin Bush?

Stalin Bush? I didn't realize that Bush was responsible for the deaths around 20 million Americans.

On the filp side I'm pretty sure Obama isn't rounding up jews and putting them in camps either.

I think ya'll need to tone it down a little, but that is just my opinion.

• Like 3

i doubt they'll be asking for you to join them,

I've had military boots on the ground knocking at my door. It was during the Ice Storm of 1998. They wanted to know if I had enough food, water, and firewood. They also wanted to know if I needed any medication. Just because a soldier is knocking on your door doesn't mean it's for some evil purpose.

• Like 5

I've had military boots on the ground knocking at my door. It was during the Ice Storm of 1998. They wanted to know if I had enough food, water, and firewood. They also wanted to know if I needed any medication. Just because a soldier is knocking on your door doesn't mean it's for some evil purpose.

lol, got anymore irrelavant stories, go on, we'd like to hear them all.

Thats because our job is to help Canadians in times of need. Remember the massive blizzard near sarnia a few years back. Griffon Helicopters where rescuing people trapped in there cars.

The manitoba floods. Soldiers building dams and levies in an effort to save as much as possible.

~Thanato

• Like 1

Thats because our job is to help Canadians in times of need. Remember the massive blizzard near sarnia a few years back. Griffon Helicopters where rescuing people trapped in there cars.

The manitoba floods. Soldiers building dams and levies in an effort to save as much as possible.

~Thanato

Our National Guard frequently fills that role as well... Active Duty/Reserve troops are much less likely to be used as it requires Federal approval while the Guard is commanded by the local Governors...

lol, got anymore irrelavant stories, go on, we'd like to hear them all.

:rolleyes:

Sorry. Silly me for suggesting that soldiers aren't mindless government drones who are out to murder everyone.

Stalin Bush? I didn't realize that Bush was responsible for the deaths around 20 million Americans.

On the filp side I'm pretty sure Obama isn't rounding up jews and putting them in camps either.

I think ya'll need to tone it down a little, but that is just my opinion.

I don't disagree with your sentiments here, but Stalin killed 20 million Americans? Did you mean Russians? Cuz, that's the first I've heard of that.

I don't disagree with your sentiments here, but Stalin killed 20 million Americans? Did you mean Russians? Cuz, that's the first I've heard of that.

I think he was simply stating that Stalin killed millions of his own countrymen, and so a comparison between him and Former President Bush would mean that the person making the comparison would be accusing Mr Bush of Killing millions of his countrymen as well...

• Like 2

Our military is made up of us. Of people who feel the call to duty and come from communities all around the country. They are sworn to uphold the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. I know some soldiers and I have talked with them extensively about some of the issues some of you are afraid of. Let me tell you, if Obama or any other president gives them orders to round up/fire upon/or otherwise hurt American citizens or do anything against the constitution. It is not going to be our doors getting kicked in and our children and families being taken to jail. It is going to be the people in government who would order such an atrocity. Our soldiers, commanders, generals, etc. would not stand for that. They would not do it.

They would fight against it.

• Like 2

its cause them little munchins across the big pond west of cali makeing a fuss about their new icbm being about to reach cali and other parts of the usa so yeah naturaly every major city over an adverage pop of like sum % the ng is up and moveing about ft chaffi has been at a buzz now for 2 weeks an i heard south cali has the big nuke powered war ships on their own power now not hooked up to mainland power expecting sum thing big comeing down the pike at us

its cause them little munchins across the big pond west of cali makeing a fuss about their new icbm being about to reach cali and other parts of the usa so yeah naturaly every major city over an adverage pop of like sum % the ng is up and moveing about ft chaffi has been at a buzz now for 2 weeks an i heard south cali has the big nuke powered war ships on their own power now not hooked up to mainland power expecting sum thing big comeing down the pike at us

What the? I have no clue what has just bee said, say it again

Soooo.... I've heard in from Chitown friends.. Some unusual military movements going on today. Two air movements reported.

And reported as well has been convoy movement, Rockford way along highway 39.

Of course, this all could be normal, and perfectly explainable...

of course, the president's visit to the Argonne National Laboratory today for a green energy speech.

I'm not trying to CT

yes. you are

Our military is made up of us. Of people who feel the call to duty and come from communities all around the country. They are sworn to uphold the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. I know some soldiers and I have talked with them extensively about some of the issues some of you are afraid of. Let me tell you, if Obama or any other president gives them orders to round up/fire upon/or otherwise hurt American citizens or do anything against the constitution. It is not going to be our doors getting kicked in and our children and families being taken to jail. It is going to be the people in government who would order such an atrocity. Our soldiers, commanders, generals, etc. would not stand for that. They would not do it.

I agree with ya on that! My sis served in Iraq, and my other sis is married to an officer in the Air Force, and they have two small children.

God Bless Our Military!

• Like 1

What the? I have no clue what has just bee said, say it again

Something about threats from North Korea and troop movements in response to it as well as nuclear powered warships being on alert (I think) :w00t:

of course, the president's visit to the Argonne National Laboratory today for a green energy speech.

yes. you are

Ah Ninja, you must not pay attention to me in the CT areas- I'm usually making calm statements of rationality. I really did mean it when I said it could be perfectly explainable. And when I heard gossip about Obama coming, I commented on that too, though it was the morning after my initial post.

I didn't think there was anything CT about this- It was just the kind of unusual thing that UM likes to gossip over. Usually I don't post up gossip, and it was bad on my part to put up the OP without irrefutable proof that it was not a CT and was perfectly explainable.

And you are right Ninja... The way you edited my OP, it does sound rather CT-ish. You did do a lovely job at pulling the right sound bites to make it sound that way, as good of a job as I've often seen news networks and CT sites spinning bias on their stories.

As such, since I did not meant to CT, I will ask the mods to shut down the thread.

• Like 1

Ah Ninja, you must not pay attention to me in the CT areas- I'm usually making calm statements of rationality. I really did mean it when I said it could be perfectly explainable. And when I heard gossip about Obama coming, I commented on that too, though it was the morning after my initial post.

I didn't think there was anything CT about this- It was just the kind of unusual thing that UM likes to gossip over. Usually I don't post up gossip, and it was bad on my part to put up the OP without irrefutable proof that it was not a CT and was perfectly explainable.

And you are right Ninja... The way you edited my OP, it does sound rather CT-ish. You did do a lovely job at pulling the right sound bites to make it sound that way, as good of a job as I've often seen news networks and CT sites spinning bias on their stories.

As such, since I did not meant to CT, I will ask the mods to shut down the thread.

*Thread Closed*

• Like 2