Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is it possible?

TheLogic

Do any of you think it is possible to harness the power of gravity and in the near future create something like Star Trek where we could all walk around like normal?

That is one invention I would be interested in.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheLogic

• Lilly

• bison

• DingoLingo

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you mean "all walk around like normal" on a space craft? I think creating artificial gravity would be easier than developing warp drive. We've got a ways to go before we're tooling around the galaxy like Star Trek.

Well I left out in a spacecraft because I would love to see something a bit like Total Recall.

Where they walk around in big structures filled with artificial gravity on mars.

It would also be a good escape if this planet became obsolete.

I think it will be possible.. now that they are sure they have found the higgs .. it will be a step towards that and other things happening in relation to gravity and anti grav..

I wonder if somewhere they have already created some sort of artificial gravity but are keeping it secret for the time being.

I think it will be possible.. now that they are sure they have found the higgs .. it will be a step towards that and other things happening in relation to gravity and anti grav..

Since the Higgs confers mass on matter, and gravity needs mass to work, controlling the Higgs' effects, somehow, would, it seems, amount to the same thing as controlling gravity. Nullify the mass, and so the gravity acting on a spacecraft in the direction facing the Earth, and intensify it in the direction of the destination, and it would fall toward its goal, whoosh! Apply a localized Higgs field to the decks of the spaceship and they would confer mass on the passengers, allowing them to walk about and move normally. I wonder if that's how ETs do it...

I would assume the development and control of something which can control gravity and probably also solve the problem of inertia would be a very valuable military advantage. Hence we will not be hearing much about the progress made with it anytime in the near future.

Finding the Higgs is nice. Figuring out how to use it in ways I read about above will probably take a few centuries.