Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

N. Korea fires 2 short range missiles

OverSword

Its a buffer zone between China and the USA. Both countries want it to remain that way. Missile defense systems only work if you have time to react. Therefore buffer countries are advantageous.

NK is acting like a rabid dog however and noones enjoying it.

Maybe if North Korea stopped spending all their money on their upper class and on their military they would be better able to feed their people. Maybe if they gave up their nuclear weapon program sancations would be lifted, as the US has done in the past, and additional aid can be given, as the US has done in the past. Maybe if they stopped threating to destroy South Korea every other week more efforts could be made to improve relations, as has been attempted in the past.

This isn't an animal being backed into a corner. This is an animal going out looking for a fight and getting smacked as a result.

That's what happens when a country refuses peace offerings and throws around threats everywhere. The US has tried several times to work out agreements with North Korea and every time it seems that things are starting to calm down North Korea flips out and starts making threats. That China, who has been North Korea's protector, is now working with the US to put limits on their allies should tell you who's the bully in this case. The only country that's to blame for North Korea's woes is North Korea.

Who gives the US the right to say who can own nukes when they have them?! It's the most hypocritical thing ever. lol

Also the US upperclass is given far more than the mddle or lower. lol The people in high positions all help their friends first, same in the UK.

It's all hypocritical BS.

• Like 2

Who gives the US the right to say who can own nukes when they have them?! It's the most hypocritical thing ever. lol

Also the US upperclass is given far more than the mddle or lower. lol The people in high positions all help their friends first, same in the UK.

Coffey whether you like it or not being the post powerful country militarily gives the US the right to decide who can have nukes and who can't. I don't know why you keep on this idea that the world is fair, the world is simply not fair, the most powerful will always decide what goes on and how it goes on. Also the US has proven to be rather responsible with our nuclear arsenal unlike countries like North Korea that besides from threatening to start another war every few weeks are now threatening to use nuclear weapons offensively. Lastly you got to be realistic with the world, which I question if you can since you hold on to a world being fair point of view, that more countries getting nuclear weapons is never a good thing and a country with nuclear weapons, especially a country with the amount of the US, will never get rid of them all. The more countries with nuclear weapons, specially the current countries either who have recently acquired nuclear weapons or are trying to get nuclear weapons, drastically increases the chances of a nuclear weapon being used again and that isn't good for anyone.

Sounds like you are mad at not being part of the upper class, of course people help their friends and family first, that is simply how life is and life is not fair. While the upper class may be given more I can safely tell you most of them do more then the middle class and lower class combined. You may think it is easy being at the top but it isn't easy at all, it is hard to get to the top and even harder to stay there.

• Like 3

Coffee, sometimes I just want to grab you by the lapels and shake you while screaming "GET OFF OF MY PAGE YOU'RE WEIRDING ME OUT MAN!!!!"

It's like you're chanelling me or something.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

I didn't know China was being controlled by the US. Because if you've been paying attention China doesn't want North Korea to have nukes either. No sane and rational person wants North Korea to have nukes.

Probably the nuclear non proliferation treaty, which is an international treaty. Couple that with common sense. Given the amount of threats North Korea is throwing around, if I was in charge, I'd attempt to prevent them from gaining nukes as well.

I can not even put into words how illogical your position is. I cant even comprehend that someone would WANT a madman to have nukes, as if its no big deal.

Your "logic" is deeply flawed. If your neighbor was threatening to kill you, would you not do what you can to prevent him from getting weapons that you can hardly protect yourself against?

Probably the nuclear non proliferation treaty, which is an international treaty

Im curious how many nuclear countries have signed that treaty vs those that have not. Its quickly losing its power as a treaty because of the number of countries unwilling to follow this standard. IMO.

Probably the nuclear non proliferation treaty, which is an international treaty. Couple that with common sense. Given the amount of threats North Korea is throwing around, if I was in charge, I'd attempt to prevent them from gaining nukes as well.

I can not even put into words how illogical your position is. I cant even comprehend that someone would WANT a madman to have nukes, as if its no big deal.

Your "logic" is deeply flawed. If your neighbor was threatening to kill you, would you not do what you can to prevent him from getting weapons that you can hardly protect yourself against?

JMO but I think Coffey has always been consistent with his opinions about ANYTHING concerning the US. He simply does not like America and feels the USA is a bully nation which works evil in the world. Period, no amount of talking will convince him otherwise. And "fairness" seems to be a theme with him - as though life ever was....anywhere.

Behind the Scenes the Chinese patience will be wearing thin,I think the little brat needs his Ass spanked and I would be supportive of US military intervention in this case.

• Like 1

North Korea dont have a clue what America can do.we can wipe them off the map with out even puting soilders on the ground our airpower alone will kill them all

Hagel unveils $1B plan to beef up missile defense, eyeing new sites on East Coast

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2NfgqSFgV

already been posted, last page befor this one

North Korea dont have a clue what America can do.we can wipe them off the map with out even puting soilders on the ground our airpower alone will kill them all

have you been playing too much COD?

Edited by The New Richard Nixon

Oh really.......

So why does Iran have sanctions, when it doesn't own nukes and they haven't threatened anyone or attacked anyone in over 200 years.... YET Israel has nukes and they threaten loads of other countries all the time, dabble in the genocide of a race, have bene involved in countless conflicts as an aggressor and beleive in a prophecy which they are trying to fulfill. The Israeli goverment is full of mad men..... Yet we don't take their nukes, instead we fund them.....

So I'm illogical am I?! lol

Intresting.... So why does the US have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan?

I didn't know China was being controlled by the US. Because if you've been paying attention China doesn't want North Korea to have nukes either. No sane and rational person wants North Korea to have nukes.

HAHAHA, that's what they want us to think. They love it really, having their crazy pet giving the US problems. China could shut them down with the click of their fingers.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 3

A superpower will need to step in. The US are the unfortunate candidates.

No one else is game. And the US will cop the blame and the glory. (The blame comes first of course).

China is pending - we need them to cooperate ongoing.

Let two nations blow themselves to ash and dry blood? Or will someone step in?

Im curious how many nuclear countries have signed that treaty vs those that have not. Its quickly losing its power as a treaty because of the number of countries unwilling to follow this standard. IMO.

No, there are only a small number of countries that have refused to sign the treaty and amongst these are India, Pakistan and Israel who have already developed nukes. Several times the UN has urged these countries to come to the party but to no avail. In fact a couple of years ago at an NPT Conference in the UN the final document requested that these countries join the Treaty, reverse any nuclear weapon development or deployment and refrain from any action which would undermine regional peace and security.

Nothing ever eventuated because the U.S. took exception to the fact that Israel had been singled out. U.N.B.E.L.I.E.V.A.B.L.E.

Edited by Black Red Devil

LOL. Common sense and nukes don't fit together in the same phrase. BTW, that applies to the US and all the rest as well, not just NK.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 2

get the kid some toy soldiers to play with. Seriously, it does't make any sense. I could easily go all conspiracy crazy on this.. and deduce that the twerp is getting hugely and secretly PAID to say these things... More missile defense???? .. WHERE DO WE SIGN!!?*!!?

• Like 1

Oh really.......

So why does Iran have sanctions, when it doesn't own nukes and they haven't threatened anyone or attacked anyone in over 200 years....

Oh no? The whole wiping Israel off the map is not a threat?

YET Israel has nukes and they threaten loads of other countries all the time, dabble in the genocide of a race, have bene involved in countless conflicts as an aggressor and beleive in a prophecy which they are trying to fulfill. The Israeli goverment is full of mad men.....

Pure bs. Israel doesn't go around threatening "loads of other countries".

Yet we don't take their nukes, instead we fund them.....

Yes... Because, once again, that's how the world works. Israel is the USs ally, and has not threatened the US: therefore, clearly it's logical for the US to focus on trying to stop the country that's threatening to nuke them and is their enemy (and who they are technically at war with) rather than focusing on an ally that would help them.

Do you think that the allies were also wrong in WWII for attempting to hamper Germany's weapons development program?

get the kid some toy soldiers to play with. Seriously, it does't make any sense. I could easily go all conspiracy crazy on this.. and deduce that the twerp is getting hugely and secretly PAID to say these things... More missile defense???? .. WHERE DO WE SIGN!!?*!!?

Why? Because aggressive people don't exist outside of the US government?

Oh no? The whole wiping Israel off the map is not a threat?

Ah yes this again.... Please show me where this was actually said, because even And then, the biggest PRO Israel supporter on this forum has never once posted the evidence showing this was said. So please post exactly where this was said. The only thing Iran said was that they won't take being attacked and will fight back with passion. They never mentioned attacking Israel once. If you listen to jsut one of Ahmajinedad's speaches you would know damn fine that is not what he thinks or wants. You would know damn fine he wants peace with all countries and all religions, he tlaks of holding hands and bringing a new age of peace. These speeches that the US don't even listen to, they leave the room an UN meeting when he talks. (which is rude as hell) You listen to much to western media propaganda.

Pure bs. Israel doesn't go around threatening "loads of other countries".

Yes they do. lol They threaten all Arab countries and Muslim countries. They are commiting genocide right now and have been for a long time. They send soldiers to break go into Palestinian houses int he night and torture fmailies. I've seen it happening in video footage. They terrorise palestinian civilians with Tanks and helicopters etc. (Apaches etc) Armed with American wepaons.

Yes... Because, once again, that's how the world works. Israel is the USs ally, and has not threatened the US: therefore, clearly it's logical for the US to focus on trying to stop the country that's threatening to nuke them and is their enemy (and who they are technically at war with) rather than focusing on an ally that would help them.

Do you think that the allies were also wrong in WWII for attempting to hamper Germany's weapons development program?

That's nto the point whatsoever. If the US put sanctions on Israel, they would also threaten the US. If the US bullied Israel, Isreal would again threaten the US. If the US put warships in Israels region and had the crotch boasting shows it puts on in front of NK's face but aimed at Israel... Again Isreal would not be happy. Look at the bigger picture and all the facts please.

Israel is causing mass genocide right now as we speak and you compare to WW2? LOL Hilerious......

Israel is like Nazi Germany. So if the Allies where right to disarm Germany during WW2, then they should be disarming Israel right now.

Ah yes this again.... Please show me where this was actually said, because even And then, the biggest PRO Israel supporter on this forum has never once posted the evidence showing this was said. So please post exactly where this was said. The only thing Iran said was that they won't take being attacked and will fight back with passion. They never mentioned attacking Israel once. If you listen to jsut one of Ahmajinedad's speaches you would know damn fine that is not what he thinks or wants. You would know damn fine he wants peace with all countries and all religions, he tlaks of holding hands and bringing a new age of peace. These speeches that the US don't even listen to, they leave the room an UN meeting when he talks. (which is rude as hell) You listen to much to western media propaganda.

Ahh, yes. The world is a nice and peaceful place outside of the borders of the US and Isreal. No one's mean. Not a single person. The US is the root cause of all evil in the world. :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/27/israel.iran

Not to mention that Iran funds and supports anti-Israel terrorist groups. You really think the "common sense" option for Isreal is to just ignor Iran and allow their enemy to get stronger? Thats not how the world works, buddy.

Yes they do. lol They threaten all Arab countries and Muslim countries.

Prove it.

They are commiting genocide right now and have been for a long time. They send soldiers to break go into Palestinian houses int he night and torture fmailies. I've seen it happening in video footage. They terrorise palestinian civilians with Tanks and helicopters etc. (Apaches etc) Armed with American wepaons.

Prove it. You're just too full of anti-western propoganda.

That's nto the point whatsoever. If the US put sanctions on Israel, they would also threaten the US.

Probably. They would at least no longer be allies, and the US would lose an ally of vital tactical importance by it, who otherwise will not ever harm the US. In NKs case, NK has been the US and SKs enemy since the 50s. Its illogical to think that SK and the US would just sit back and be ok with their enemy getting stronger.

If the US bullied Israel, Isreal would again threaten the US. If the US put warships in Israels region and had the crotch boasting shows it puts on in front of NK's face but aimed at Israel... Again Isreal would not be happy. Look at the bigger picture and all the facts please.

The US isnt a bully to NK. NK is a bully that made the wrong moves, and is suffering from the reprocussions from a country (and the world infact) that is stronger than them. Of course, you're judgement is too clouded to see that because the letters "US" is in your definition of "bully".

Israel is causing mass genocide right now as we speak and you compare to WW2? LOL Hilerious......

Right. When Israel starts burning palestinians, then we can talk.

How about instead of dodging my question, you answer it. Were the allies right to hamper the German weapons development programs in WWII?

Ahh, yes. The world is a nice and peaceful place outside of the borders of the US and Isreal. No one's mean. Not a single person. The US is the root cause of all evil in the world. :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian..../27/israel.iran

Not to mention that Iran funds and supports anti-Israel terrorist groups. You really think the "common sense" option for Isreal is to just ignor Iran and allow their enemy to get stronger? Thats not how the world works, buddy.

Hahaha, so the guardian... Yes that's not going to be biased. Also anyone with half a brain can see that was not said as a threat. He said it SHOULD be, not I will do it. LOL There is a huge difference, I also agree with him to an extent. Read the Talmud and educate yourself on what the Israel leaders beleive. You might learn something.

Prove it.

"We must expel Arabs and take their places."

-- David Ben Gurion, 1937, Ben Gurion and the Palestine Arabs, Oxford University Press, 1985.

"[The Palestinians] are beasts walking on two legs."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, speech to the Knesset, quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the 'Beasts,"' New Statesman, June 25, 1982.

"(The Palestinians) would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls."

-- Isreali Prime Minister (at the time) Yitzhak Shamir in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988

"If we thought that instead of 200 Palestinian fatalities, 2,000 dead would put an end to the fighting at a stroke, we would use much more force...."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, quoted in Associated Press, November 16, 2000.

"Israel may have the right to put others on trial, but certainly no one has the right to put the Jewish people and the State of Israel on trial."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 25 March, 2001 quoted in BBC News Online

Prove it. You're just too full of anti-western propoganda.

http://http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Israeli+forces+torturing+&oq=Israeli+forces+torturing+&gs_l=youtube.3...2768.13356.0.14086.25.22.0.3.3.0.241.2109.17j2j3.22.0...0.0...1ac.1.qjztC9f3nzs

There thousands of videos proving it.

Probably. They would at least no longer be allies, and the US would lose an ally of vital tactical importance by it, who otherwise will not ever harm the US. In NKs case, NK has been the US and SKs enemy since the 50s. Its illogical to think that SK and the US would just sit back and be ok with their enemy getting stronger.

You do realise if the US tried to interfere in the "Prophecy" tIsrael would be problem.... The Orthodox Jews beleive every other race is sub human... These people run Israel.

The US isnt a bully to NK. NK is a bully that made the wrong moves, and is suffering from the reprocussions from a country (and the world infact) that is stronger than them. Of course, you're judgement is too clouded to see that because the letters "US" is in your definition of "bully".

Let me see now, so the US doesn't attack countries who try to sell oil/gas etc in other currencies? Oh wait they do... That's called bullying.

Right. When Israel starts burning palestinians, then we can talk.

How about instead of dodging my question, you answer it. Were the allies right to hamper the German weapons development programs in WWII?

Yes they where right, just like the US should take away Israels nukes. I made thta clear, but obviously you are the one who can't follow logic and see that Israel is similar to Nazi Germany.

Why would they need to burn bodies for it to be mass genocide? I thought bombing them, shooting them, torturing them etc because of their race was enough?! Obviously it's only genocide if they burn the bodies... Nice logic.. :whistle:

Hahaha, so the guardian... Yes that's not going to be biased. Also anyone with half a brain can see that was not said as a threat. He said it SHOULD be, not I will do it. LOL There is a huge difference, I also agree with him to an extent. Read the Talmud and educate yourself on what the Israel leaders beleive. You might learn something.

:rolleyes: There's plenty of other links, but of course, you'll just dismiss them anyway.

"We must expel Arabs and take their places."

-- David Ben Gurion, 1937, Ben Gurion and the Palestine Arabs, Oxford University Press, 1985.

"[The Palestinians] are beasts walking on two legs."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, speech to the Knesset, quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the 'Beasts,"' New Statesman, June 25, 1982.

"(The Palestinians) would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls."

-- Isreali Prime Minister (at the time) Yitzhak Shamir in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988

"If we thought that instead of 200 Palestinian fatalities, 2,000 dead would put an end to the fighting at a stroke, we would use much more force...."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, quoted in Associated Press, November 16, 2000.

"Israel may have the right to put others on trial, but certainly no one has the right to put the Jewish people and the State of Israel on trial."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 25 March, 2001 quoted in BBC News Online

So because of this, Israel should'nt have nukes?

http://http://www.yo...c.1.qjztC9f3nzs

There thousands of videos proving it.

Rape and torture? I see none of that. What I see is that you have a naive view of war and the world.

You do realise if the US tried to interfere in the "Prophecy" tIsrael would be problem.... The Orthodox Jews beleive every other race is sub human... These people run Israel.

So because of this, Israel shouldn't have nukes?

Let me see now, so the US doesn't attack countries who try to sell oil/gas etc in other currencies? Oh wait they do... That's called bullying.

Read what I wrote. "The US isnt a bully to NK. NK is a bully that made the wrong moves, and is suffering from the reprocussions [...]"

Yes they where right, just like the US should take away Israels nukes. I made thta clear, but obviously you are the one who can't follow logic and see that Israel is similar to Nazi Germany.

So then it is logical for a country to try to prevent others from obtaining certain weapons! Excellent! Now we're getting somewhere.

So now why should the US be concerned about losing a strategic ally who is no threat to the US over nukes, but is completely wrong to try to prevent a country that they are technically at war with from obtaining nukes? Thats what this discussion is about.

Why would they need to burn bodies for it to be mass genocide? I thought bombing them, shooting them, torturing them etc because of their race was enough?! Obviously it's only genocide if they burn the bodies... Nice logic..

As much as I want to answer this ridiculous load of bs, this thread isnt about Israel and their actions. Its about the US and NK.

• Like 1

NK needs to grow up and sit down at the table of nations or it needs to cease from being a nation. It is shameful what we've allowed to happen there all these years - those people being treated so inhumanely for so long. If war ever did begin, I feel really badly for the people of Seoul.

Yep.

And the only reason they want re-unification with SK is to rape their resources, put the populace in poverty, expand their military, and make fat-boy and cohorts even fatter.

There it is, plain and simple.

• Like 2