Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

N. Korea fires 2 short range missiles

OverSword

All the war does is force spending money, and if it is done with deficits, then it has a stimulative effect. The government could more easily throw money out helicopter windows.

Yes and no..MY Understanding is it starts a consolidation of debt not a reduction. Any reduction only comes from Military complex work and spoils of war. So no stimulative effect unless you want to consider jobs but there is always a rationing of goods as well.

The way wars are fought are different these days thanks to technological progress. The cost of military equipment means that war is far more likely to hurt an economy rather than help it. At the cost of a single F-15 you could have bought over two hundred Spitfires. Plus it's harder to swtich from making top of the line tanks to making trucks and tractors due to that technology gap.
  • Like 1

"The government could more easily throw money out helicopter windows." FM

True.

What affect would that have on the economy?

A slight benefit to:

- the ones that worked OT to print the currency

- the chopper pilot & crew

- the chopper mechanics

- the chopper fuel suppliers

But I strongly believe the most stimulative affect for that money would be to lower taxes, and leave that money with the citizens that earned it.

Who better to know how money should be spent, than the one that earned it?

"You and I as individuals can, by borrowing, live beyond our means, but for only a limited period of time. Why, then, should we think that collectively, as a nation, we are not bound by that same limitation?" Ronald Reagan's First Inaugural Address, 1981

Never said they threatened anyone with nukes, I said they threaten other countries/races... Which I have proven by the qoutes I posted. But when threats are made and you own nukes it says a lot as well.

Plenty to find fualt as with any other country? LOL

No I can't think of another country that is so stuck on the mass genocide of another race/religion. Not since Hitler.. Ironically.

The definition of genocide by the UN in 1944 is quite broad and can be used against nearly ANY group within the context of war. But to say there has been a systematic attempt to destroy the population of non Israelis in Palestine is ridiculous. The NUMBERS just don't bear it out. If the Israelis are guilty of genocide then so are the US, British, Russians, Rwandans..... any group at war with another group - so what meaning does the term have?

Sorry, do not mean to derail, just get tired of the casual use of a truly AWFUL word/concept.

Throwing money out windows is basically what they do now. The people who pick up the money feel wealthier and hence spend it, creating demand for things that in turn creates jobs. These people who get these jobs then also feel wealthier and they spend money and you create a virtuous cycle.

Instead of throwing it out windows, the government runs a deficit, spending more (in this case much more) than it takes in from taxes and fees. If it borrowed the money legitimately, there would be no economic effect, but most of it gets "borrowed" from the Fed (it is said in words only a bureacrat could invent, to increase the Fed's assets). The Feds write checks and the banks chash the checks. The Fed is allowed to do this (write checks for money you don't have -- don't you try it).

So long as the deficit goes to good use, like building things, the effect is not too bad and the economy grows. We get into a good war, however, which is the very definition of wasting money, and before long you have an inflationary spiral.

The definition of genocide by the UN in 1944 is quite broad and can be used against nearly ANY group within the context of war. But to say there has been a systematic attempt to destroy the population of non Israelis in Palestine is ridiculous. The NUMBERS just don't bear it out. If the Israelis are guilty of genocide then so are the US, British, Russians, Rwandans..... any group at war with another group - so what meaning does the term have?

Sorry, do not mean to derail, just get tired of the casual use of a truly AWFUL word/concept.

Trying to destroy another group of people because of their religion/race is Genocide.

Yes most countries on this planet have done genocide at some point. You are living on land where genocide was done by Europeans....

Oh by the way, when does the Native Americans get their own country? Isn't that why they let the Jews have Israel? Why not the Native Americans?

Edited by Coffey

The Jews took Israel and did something with it, just as the Europeans took North America and did something with it. That is all water long under the bridge.

• Like 1

Trying to destroy another group of people because of their religion/race is Genocide.

Yes most countries on this planet have done genocide at some point. You are living on land where genocide was done by Europeans....

Oh by the way, when does the Native Americans get their own country? Isn't that why they let the Jews have Israel? Why not the Native Americans?

Yes, I agree that the treatment of the native Americans was a genocide. Millions died or were displaced. But my point is that the original use of that word was horrific. Millions dead and with the intent that NONE should survive. The majority of Jews have never asked for this outcome against anyone. One could cite hundreds of Palestinian, Arab, Muslim quotes asking for just such an end to all Jews. It's an endless argument Coffey but the main point is that saying Israel commits systematic murder of an entire race of people is intentionally false - period.
  • Like 1

Yes, I agree that the treatment of the native Americans was a genocide. Millions died or were displaced. But my point is that the original use of that word was horrific. Millions dead and with the intent that NONE should survive. The majority of Jews have never asked for this outcome against anyone. One could cite hundreds of Palestinian, Arab, Muslim quotes asking for just such an end to all Jews. It's an endless argument Coffey but the main point is that saying Israel commits systematic murder of an entire race of people is intentionally false - period.

I would never say ll Jews think like that. I know for a fact they don't. I have nothing against honest and kind Jews. Same s honest and kind Muslims. The Zionist Extreme Jews who run Israel are evil and believe they are superior to all others especially Arabs etc. They are causing genocide, they are killing and torturing a group of people based on their race/religion.

Jews should never have been given Israel. It was a stupid idea. I don't mind them being given their own land, but choosing to be in the middle of another race/religion that they dislike and taking their land is just asking for trouble. It's like a Nazi wanting to live in the middle of Israel.

Edited by Coffey

Indeed. If you want to talk about Israel take it to one of the many Israel threads in the Middle East forum. This is for talking about how crazy North Korea is.

• Like 1