Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns save lives thread

F3SS

'Dumb' house burglar shot after locking homeowner inside his own GUN CLOSET

The victim of an armed home invasion in Houston has turned the tables on the brazen intruders after they stuffed him into a closet that turned out to be the place where he stores his gun.

Police say it all started at around 2pm Tuesday when three men broke into a home in the 8200 block of Braeburn Valley Drive and assaulted the resident.

After a brief scuffle, the hapless perpetrators shoved the man into a closet, not knowing that there was a gun in there.

http://www.dailymail...GUN-CLOSET.html

• Like 2

On a technicality, this story belongs here.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/17/wife-with-shotgun-saves-husband-being-attacked-by-bear-but-it-didnt-go-down-as-you-might-think/

WIFE WITH SHOTGUN SAVES HUSBAND BEING ATTACKED BY BEAR …BUT IT DIDN’T GO DOWN AS YOU MIGHT THINK

A Wisconsin man was being attacked by a black bear Monday and his wife, wielding a shotgun, came to his rescue. But she didn’t use it in the way you might think.

Marie Ninnemann couldn’t load the shells into the shotgun in order to fire at the animal, which was chasing the couple’s dog and turned on her husband at their cabin in Marinette County. Even if she could load the firearm, WLUK-TV reported that she wouldn’t have known how to shoot it.

So how did she use the weapon against the juvenile animal to save her husband, Gerre Ninnemann?

“Marie had a good angle from the top of the steps and clubbed the bear over the head,” Gerre told WLUK-TV.

Stunning the bear gave Gerre and his wife enough time to scramble inside the cabin where they called the authorities.

With the bear at their front door and windows, Gerre said it took the deputy with county sheriff’s office about 45 mintues to arrive. But the bear was still waiting.

On a technicality, this story belongs here.

Fess, that didn't happen. Wild animals aren't a real threat, haven't you been paying attention to what our fellow posters are telling us? That woman's gun could kill someone, it needs to be taken away.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Brooklyn Home Invasion: Boy, 10, scares off two robbers by firing their gun, report says

(CBS) NEW YORK - A 10-year-old Brooklyn boy scared off two alleged robbers during an attempted home invasion by firing their gun after one of them dropped it, according to CBS New York.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57587520-504083/brooklyn-home-invasion-boy-10-scares-off-two-robbers-by-firing-their-gun-report-says/

• Like 1

That's a first. All kinds of interesting twists on this subject. The thieves own gun saved lives.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. This is why I could never run a website.

Grandma, 72, shoots at intruder, misses in Calif.

STANTON, Calif. (AP) — A 72-year-old Southern California grandmother who shot at — and narrowly missed — a man trying to break into her home said Tuesday she was shocked at the attention her action was getting but does not regret defending herself and her husband, an 85-year-old World War II veteran who uses a wheelchair.

Jan Cooper, of Anaheim, fired one shot from her .357 Magnum Smith & Wesson revolver around 12:30 a.m. Sunday as a man attempted to break into her home. During a 911 call during the incident, Cooper can be heard begging with the dispatcher to send deputies and warns that she has a gun at the ready as her Rottweiler barks furiously in the background.

From: http://news.yahoo.com/grandma-72-shoots-intruder-misses-calif-015042784.html

‘BACK UP YOU SON OF A B**CH!’: THUG WITH A RAP SHEET TARGETS 72-YEAR-OLD GRANDMOTHER…WHO HAPPENS TO PACK A .357 MAGNUM

STANTON, Calif. (TheBlaze/AP) — A 72-year-old Southern California grandmother who shot at – and narrowly missed – a man trying to break into her home said Tuesday she was shocked at the attention her action was getting but does not regret defending herself and her husband, an 85-year-old World War II veteran who uses a wheelchair.

Jan Cooper, of Anaheim, fired just one shot from her .357 Magnum Smith & Wesson revolver around 12:30 a.m. Sunday as a man attempted to break into her home. During a 911 call during the incident, Cooper can be heard begging with the dispatcher to send deputies and warns that she has a gun at the ready as her Rottweiler barks furiously in the background.

Continued... http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/12/back-up-you-son-of-a-bch-thug-with-a-rap-sheet-targets-72-year-old-grandmother-who-happens-to-pack-a-357-magnum/

• Like 1

Hey I just realized some sap or two has given thread low star votes. Shame on you. For that I vote my thread five stars.

• Like 1

Death by gun in America is the highest in the developed world, enough said already :tu:

If you want to be in the same league as Jamaica, good luck to you on that path to civilization thing :yes:

Br Cornelius

225063_558827094141442_1031490088_n.jpg

on the other hand ....

247449_587890177901800_443395484_n.jpg

a good joke is good enough ... but then ....

374423_387208938043793_1814157275_n.jpg

you gotta love them gun ... owners //

:lol:

:yes: it's all in good fun ... no need to point them guns at me ...

~

• Like 3

Hey Cornelius, don't derail this thread. It really isn't up for discussion. There are plenty of threads that'll support such speech but this one is focused like a laser beam on one aspect and theres nothing that you or Obama and all the merry henchmen democrats can do to stop the positive side of gun ownership from prevailing not to mention the absolute right we have to bear them. Didn't you all learn couple months ago that your views aren't accepted here. The gun control votes failed miserably and will again and again.

• Like 2

Hey Cornelius, don't derail this thread. It really isn't up for discussion. There are plenty of threads that'll support such speech but this one is focused like a laser beam on one aspect and theres nothing that you or Obama and all the merry henchmen democrats can do to stop the positive side of gun ownership from prevailing not to mention the absolute right we have to bear them. Didn't you all learn couple months ago that your views aren't accepted here. The gun control votes failed miserably and will again and again.

Which is why America is a sick puppy, and will remain so.

You wonder why Americans are viewed as Barbarians over this side of the pond.

Holding a wrong idea strongly doesn't make it right and it doesn't bring back the 100,000's of dead.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Barbarians? Wow, I happen to live here and have never met a barbarian.

• Like 5

You wonder why Americans are viewed as Barbarians over this side of the pond.

Sorry, but the americans already kicked the barbarians out of their country...and drove them back to their island :whistle:

~

Btw - interesting thread some of these stories.

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 4

Sorry, but the americans already kicked the barbarians out of their country...and drove them back to their island :whistle:

~

Btw - interesting thread some of these stories.

If you just staid there and stopped bringing your gun culture to us foreign yokals that would be fine.

You maynot believe it but America is consistently rated as the greatest threat to world peace in all countries apart from America (and possibly Israel). Do you wonder why. A country so wedded to sorting out its disputes with lethal weapons at home is not trusted to look after world peace abroad.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

And half of those countries being hell holes in Africa/southeast Asia/middle east. Very trust worthy. Lol. As a Canadian I would rather have an American at my back then nearly anyone else thank you very much.

• Like 4

Americans are envied in their prosperity and power. That they have shared their prosperity with Europe has made them even more envied there.

There is no country a Vietnamese would rather go to than to America.

A lot of Americans are crude and crass and rude and arrogant. So are a lot of other people all over the world.

• Like 3

Battle of Mogadishu (1993)

The subsequent rescue operation to secure and recover the crews of both helicopters drew the raid, intended to last no more than an hour, into an overnight standoff in the city. The battle resulted in 18 deaths, 80 wounded, and one helicopter pilot captured among the U.S. raid party and rescue forces. One Pakistani soldier and one Malaysian soldier were killed as part of the rescue forces. American sources estimate between 1,500 and 3,000 Somali casualties, including civilians; SNA forces claim only 315 casualties, with 812 wounded. The battle is referred to as the First Battle of Mogadishu to distinguish it from the Second Battle of Mogadishu of 2006.

...... During the operation, two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters were shot down by RPGs and three others were damaged. Some of the wounded survivors were able to evacuate to the compound, but others remained near the crash sites and were isolated. An urban battle ensued throughout the night.

Early the next morning, a combined task force was sent to rescue the trapped soldiers. It contained soldiers from the Pakistan Army, the Malaysian Army and the U.S. Army's 10th Mountain Division. They assembled some hundred vehicles, including Pakistani tanks (M48s) and Malaysian Condor armoured personnel carriers and were supported by U.S. MH-6 Little Bird and MH-60L Black Hawk helicopters. This task force reached the first crash site and rescued the survivors.

wiki link

Sounds trust worthy from 'hell holes' enough to me ....

~

• Like 2

Americans are envied in their prosperity and power. That they have shared their prosperity with Europe has made them even more envied there.

There is no country a Vietnamese would rather go to than to America.

A lot of Americans are crude and crass and rude and arrogant. So are a lot of other people all over the world.

Frank, I suspect your perspective maybe a tad biased.

Br Cornelius

As may yours, but don't think I am pro-American, I am not. I am ambivalent about the country and think it is in decline because of poor government. I also, however, am honest about its importance and about the good (along with the bad) that it has done

• Like 5

If you just staid there and stopped bringing your gun culture to us foreign yokals that would be fine.

You maynot believe it but America is consistently rated as the greatest threat to world peace in all countries apart from America (and possibly Israel). Do you wonder why. A country so wedded to sorting out its disputes with lethal weapons at home is not trusted to look after world peace abroad.

Br Cornelius

Then don't trust US. We don't care.

• Like 2

Then don't trust US. We don't care.

As I said - if it didn't matter - I wouldn't care. It does so I do.

We live in the time of the American empire so Americas **** is my ****.

(as attested to by the fact that your government is undoubtedly spying on me and at some point in the future that could have deadly consequences for me).

Br Cornelius

I don't think anybody fully "trusts" anybody else, but we need to remember that for quite awhile we all live on the same planet. This is an important consideration, corny though it may also be.

• Like 1