Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns save lives thread

F3SS

It still statistically constitutes noise.

Br Cornelius

If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bullsh*t, it that it? And the ultimate liberal weapon... Denial.

It is just common sense that guns are more lethal than knives. This point makes no sense to me. A knife present, the victim has a chance to escape and the perpetrator has a chance to stop and think. Pull a trigger and it's over.
Again, to believe this rhetoric....

I agree it is rhetoric, not fact.

It is only in the movies where everyone needs only one shot to kill the bad guys.

• Like 1

rapper 50 cents, got shot 9 times point blank, still alive and well.

When the bad guys tried to riddle Superman with bullets, they bounced off him, and........he could still fly lol :P

• Like 1

yea, but in this case he was the bad guy, he tried to rob a wrong person. that was before he became a rapper

Edited by aztek

yea, but in this case he was the bad guy, he tried to rob a wrong person. that was before he became a rapper

Perhaps it dissuaded him from further robbery? Was someone else purhaps saved because a "bad guy" got shot?

Edited by DieChecker

Perhaps it dissuaded him from further robbery? Was someone else purhaps saved because a "bad guy" got shot?

very possible

Don't let the pursuit of the perfect drive out the pursuit of the good. We would be much better off in a world without guns, even though of course other forms of violence would still take place.

So Frank, shall we look back to a time before guns in a world full of swords, spears and catapults and generally most of human civilization and see what a better world it was? It might be hard to prove and stupid to argue but the world before guns was probably a hell of a lot more violent and inhumane than the one we live in now.

This isn't a debate thread.

Didn't used to be but it's over pumper. Feel free to stay inline with the op and keep posting articles though.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/19/putting-a-gun-to-the-head-of-a-mans-wife-could-be-the-last-thing-you-ever-do-heres-proof/

PUTTING A GUN TO THE HEAD OF A MAN’S WIFE COULD BE THE LAST THING YOU EVER DO – HERE’S PROOF

WELLFORD, S.C. (TheBlaze/AP) – Authorities say a Spartanburg homeowner shot and killed an alleged intruder using a gun he grabbed from one of the two would-be robbers.

Deputies responded to a reported home invasion in Wellford just after 11:30 p.m. Tuesday. They found a dead man lying in front of a nearby home, wearing plastic gloves.

A woman living at the home told deputies she was sitting on the couch listening to music on her iPad and watching TV when she felt something cold and metallic against her head. When she turned to see what it was, she saw a man holding a gun to her head.

She yelled for her husband, who came in and heroically fought with the intruder.

The woman said the suspect dropped the gun, which her husband picked up and shot him in the head.

Deputies say a second suspect returned fire and fled the home.

Though one of the suspects is still at large, the other was found in the man’s driveway with a gunshot to the face. Coroner Rusty Clevenger identified the deceased intruder as 21-year-old Delano Anthony Turner, of Wellford, S.C.

“Deputies said Tuesday that Turner did have active warrants against him when he was shot,” WHNS-TV reports.

In a stunning twist, Turner’s uncle, Fred Turner, said the suspect was actually the cousin of the homeowner who shot him. The uncle told WHNS-TV that the homeowner didn’t recognize his Turner because he had a bandana over his face.

I love it when the gun that is used to shoot the bad guy is the bad guys gun.

• Like 2

If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bullsh*t, it that it? And the ultimate liberal weapon... Denial.

I agree it is rhetoric, not fact.

It is only in the movies where everyone needs only one shot to kill the bad guys.

Those who assume that others know nothing of stats often try to deceive through the abuse of stats. You are obviously a victim of such bull****ters.

Br Cornelius

Whoa there Captain Hollywood! 250,000 rounds fired per enemy killed in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Then I think of the jungles of Vietnam where you can't even see your enemy. Again, to believe this rhetoric is coming out of someone who lives in Vietnam is just impossible.

Well I haven't seen a single thing you've posted that is sensible, so I am not surprised you engage in denial.

This nutcase argumentation about guns, without any sense at all of reality, seems to be a purely American phenomenon. Wierd is all I can say.

I gotta say I am irritated. What the Hell difference does it make if I'm Vietnamese or not (which I am). This business of bringing that into quesition as an ad hominem way to undermine what I say makes no sense and only reveals someone who isn't thiking at all.

This nutcase argumentation about guns, without any sense at all of reality, seems to be a purely American phenomenon. Wierd is all I can say.

You don't have to be in the argument, you could always declare this end of subject like you did in another thread, :w00t:

I thought it was just me, but it appears your an ass with lots of people, and you dont have to repeat yourself over and over, so you dont agree with other peoples opinions, you think your right, great now move on before you start losing sleep over it geez

• Like 2

You trying to "shoo" people away and censor this thread?

your the one irritated, think the arguement is nutcase etc etc, look at it more like offering you a solution to your problem :tu:

• Like 2

I've had plenty of people try to discourage me from my viws using your sorts of tactics, and sometimes it works until I have a chance to sit back and think. No, the gun stuff is just unbelievable and pretty much limited to the States. Common sense and sane policy apply in Asia and Europe. The States appears to be a backward country here, and there's no point trying to sugar it. Its sad cause a lot of people are going to die in the States that would live if they were elsewhere.

• Like 1

I've had plenty of people try to discourage me from my viws using your sorts of tactics, and sometimes it works until I have a chance to sit back and think. No, the gun stuff is just unbelievable and pretty much limited to the States. Common sense and sane policy apply in Asia and Europe. The States appears to be a backward country here, and there's no point trying to sugar it. Its sad cause a lot of people are going to die in the States that would live if they were elsewhere.

The problem isn't your views, but you getting worked up and irritated by other peoples, we all know your views, and you took the opportunity to let them be known yet again. From what I have observed its actually you who is the one attempting to 'shoo' people away with the manner in which you reply.

• Like 2

If I do that it is unintended; I do feel strongly about the evil that guns bring.

• Like 1

Those who assume that others know nothing of stats often try to deceive through the abuse of stats. You are obviously a victim of such bull****ters.

Br Cornelius

And you have Never tried to use shady stats Cornelius?

If I go back and read your last 1000 posts, I'm not going to find anything that is "not weel supported"? Obviously I'm not going to do that, but I think the point is clear. People use the stats they can find that support their case, even if the insidence is in a group of 10. (See the whole "shots = Autism" media scam.)

Personnally, I think the use of stats needs to be countered with further stats, not just snarky dismissals. If you've posted those stats time and again, and again... keep doing so, or at least link to your previous statements.

YAY AMERICA!!!

-

-

-

-

I punch those numbers in my calculator it makes a happy face ~ Cave Johnson

`

• Like 1

The problem here is what YOU consider to be common sense and sane policy. You are projecting Your ideology onto a different culture. Would it be OK for those of us in the US like myself to say that people in the Congo need to stop living the way they do and start living like me? Is it OK for me to comment on the people of India's overcrowding and demand that those people stop having kids? After all to me those ideas/demands are common sense.

• Like 1

Several posters have said that the US obcession with guns only makes sense in a culture that would be more violent and bloodthirsty then Europe, Australia, Japan. And from what I've seen, most US posters agree that the US is more violent and more bloodthirsty. Thus, I don't see why those original posters continue to preach. They gave a Conclusion to their idea, and those who know the culture agreed with it.

Americans = More Violent = Like Guns

Europe = Less Violent = Not Like Guns

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Americans = More Violent = Like Guns

Europe = Less Violent = Not Like Guns

If you were to read this statement on it's own, it does make Americans look worse than Europe..Quick question - If Europeans liked guns, would they become more violent than the US ?

Bare in mind, my opinions regarding this thread are in FULL support of Americans keeping their guns and rights to do so, anyone reading my posts in here can agree that I have been.. ...BUT for the statement above as it stands, I am just making a fast query to see what you think?.Hope you don't think I am looking to start anything .....I am one that normally goes YAY America, :clap: but your post made me go EH America? :unsure2: .. It is a bit funny lol :D

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

Love the title of this story.....

When Will Criminals Learn to Stop Breaking Into Homes in Texas? Not Today

A Houston man opened fire on an intruder who attempted to break into his home early Thursday morning. The homeowner fired four shots and two connected with their target.

The suspect, who didn’t get close to carrying out whatever plot he had in mind, reportedly attempted to break in through the back door. He was later taken to the hospital. The homeowner was not injured.

Police say the homeowner is not facing any charges as it appears to be an obvious case of self-defense.

From: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/20/when-will-criminals-learn-to-stop-breaking-into-homes-in-texas-not-today/

Too bad the criminal is going to live....

:no:

• Like 3

I hope the 14 year old girl is ok

• Like 2