Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns save lives thread

F3SS

Pepper spray and a swift kick to the groin?

yes you do watch a lot of movies, seems like it is the only reality you accept.

it is very fortunate actually, as for civilized, i do not think you understand the concept of it, usa economy runs the world, more people want to come to usa than any other country in the world, every manufacturer in the world wants to get on usa market, that, and many other things, makes your definition of civilized way off.

He didn't mean the USA, he meant other countries one may, just might consider civilized.

Just because we have a good manufacturing base doesn't mean we don't have a gun problem. Our economy has nothing to do with gun deaths.

yes you do watch a lot of movies, seems like it is the only reality you accept.

Lol I have seen 0 repeat, zero movies this year. Saw 2 of them last year and 1 the year before. That's 3 in 2 years, so nice try.

My basis in reality is apparently more grounded than yours, as you make massive assumptions, with your above quote being a superb example.

Yeah good point, wasn't it you that said I watched too much tv?

Because there are lots of males, high on drugs on tv, just waiting to jump that helpless female.

Pepper spray and a swift kick to the groin?

Hmmm, a response that has nothing at all to do with the post you're replying to. And you talk to me about ignorance.

He didn't mean the USA, he meant other countries one may, just might consider civilized.

Just because we have a good manufacturing base doesn't mean we don't have a gun problem. Our economy has nothing to do with gun deaths.

We don't have a gun problem. Plain and simple.

My basis in reality is apparently more grounded than yours,

it is obviously not, lmao, keep up the good work. what are you 15??

Edited by aztek

it is obviously not, lmao, keep up the good work. what are you 15??

24. Says so in my profile. Your math could use some work.

Ahhhh, 24...that explains most your ignorance about guns and the right to self-defense. You're just a kid.

Experience will lessen your fear of guns, and someday you'll gain an understanding of right and wrong. Hopefully sooner than later, before something bad happens.

I think I can withdraw from your shouting match now, I understand you mindset completely, and I understand that no amount of facts and logic and common sense is going to affect you until you have the experience under your belt first.

Hmmm, a response that has nothing at all to do with the post you're replying to. And you talk to me about ignorance.

I was being serious, at least with pepper spray you wouldn't have blood on your hands.

Not a gun problem. Sorry to burst your bubble on that one. But, my previous post still applies. Get some life, kiddo, then come back and try again someday.

24. Says so in my profile. Your math could use some work.

i do not read profiles, i do not believe what people write in their profiles, and you do not sound older than 15. lol

I was being serious, at least with pepper spray you wouldn't have blood on your hands.

oh yea, lol blood will not be on your hands, be on your face, along with broken jaw,

Ahhhh, 24...that explains most your ignorance about guns and the right to self-defense. You're just a kid.

Experience will lessen your fear of guns, and someday you'll gain an understanding of right and wrong. Hopefully sooner than later, before something bad happens.

I think I can withdraw from your shouting match now, I understand you mindset completely, and I understand that no amount of facts and logic and common sense is going to affect you until you have the experience under your belt first.

Age has nothing to do with it. I've been to 23 different states and have been in a lot of areas and not once have I had to pull a gun. Not once in my 5 trips, with 1200+ miles on each of driving alone from state to state have I ever had to defend myself. Not once in driving through bullet ridden neighborhoods (the bullets came from a gun, not from someone throwing them) have I been shot at or robbed.

You can tell me I need more experience, but I can firmly tell you I don't. Don't back out of this argument because you're older and presume to all of a sudden know more than me.

Edited by andy4

i do not read profiles, i do not believe what people write in their profiles, and you do not sound older than 15. lol

Well to be blunt, judging by how you spell, you don't sound any older than 10. My nephew spells better than you.

Not a gun problem. Sorry to burst your bubble on that one. But, my previous post still applies. Get some life, kiddo, then come back and try again someday.

What?!?! Are you being serious?! Not a gun problem?! Then what is it? What are all of those links referencing, hotdogs?

Don't cop out on me, just because you don't respond back to my posts because you can't think of a counter argument doesn't mean I'm going to stop replying, and nor should you. Believe it or not, I've actually shot guns before!!

I'm not going anywhere to "get some life" whatever that means. You want me to pick you up some cereal for you or something?

What?!?! Are you being serious?! Not a gun problem?! Then what is it?

Just a few posts ago you said you've been up, down, left, right, in and out of the good and the bad of 23 states and not once have you ran into an issue where guns were involved. You live in America and you portray it like the foreigners who have never been here as being full of Yosemetie Sam's and renegade vigilantes yet you've completely disproved your exaggerations by stating that you've been everywhere in the country and have never had a gun issue.

post-117199-0-94569100-1401107592_thumb.

Inner cities and our relatively large population compared to most of the world's nations certainly help to inflate our statistics but the fact is that things aren't as Wild West and and characaturized as you make it out to be.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

Guns are pretty much illegal now in all the parts of the world one might consider civilized, which unfortunately does not include the United States.

That's not really accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation

Do you consider your own nation of Vietnam not civilized?

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

I assure you guns are not legal in Vietnam, except for the military and police and perhaps a few others.

Just a few posts ago you said you've been up, down, left, right, in and out of the good and the bad of 23 states and not once have you ran into an issue where guns were involved. You live in America and you portray it like the foreigners who have never been here as being full of Yosemetie Sam's and renegade vigilantes yet you've completely disproved your exaggerations by stating that you've been everywhere in the country and have never had a gun issue.

post-117199-0-94569100-1401107592_thumb.

Inner cities and our relatively large population compared to most of the world's nations certainly help to inflate our statistics but the fact is that things aren't as Wild West and and characaturized as you make it out to be.

To sum up, andy4 is just a kid, in over his head here, with some wild claims that don't jell with reality. He's also making up stuff as he goes with nothing to support his case--if not outright lying now. But, as was said, he's just a kid and will learn through experience; or he'll continue as he is and it will bite him in the ass later in life.

Regardless, he's wrong about guns. So are other people here.

I assure you guns are not legal in Vietnam, except for the military and police and perhaps a few others.

So? I'm sure there are a lot of other things not legal in Vietnam that are legal here in the more civilized parts of the world. But, no one really cares, as this is about the US, not the rest of the world.

Are you saying this is inaccurate?

Vietnam[edit]

Gun laws in Vietnam are generally referred to as restrictive.

The only type of weapon Vietnamese citizens may own is a shotgun, and this is only after a license has been issued. The individual applying for the license must provide valid reasoning for wanting the shotgun such as hunting, and must be at least 18 years of age.

Handguns and automatic weapons are prohibited.[118]

Do you find factual inaccuracies in the source:

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/vietnam

Of particular note is the information under the subhead Illegal Gun Trade and Trafficking: Reports suggest that the level of firearm and ammunition smuggling in Vietnam is high13

It just says that Vietnam is more civilized, and a good deal safer. Of course there are other complicating factors, such as a more efficient police not hamstrung by procedures invented by lawyers for their welfare, a more homogeneous population, and a largely Buddhist population (not that Buddhists don't commit crimes, but you must admit it's out of character).

So? I'm sure there are a lot of other things not legal in Vietnam that are legal here in the more civilized parts of the world. But, no one really cares, as this is about the US, not the rest of the world.

Homosexuality is illegal in 41% of the world's countries as well - a much higher percentage than those that completely ban civilian firearms ownership. Sounds like we'd better jump on that bandwagon as well.

• Like 1

READ IT It confirms what I say. You just might be able to get a shotgun permit -- good luck.

Homosexuality is illegal in 41% of the world's countries as well - a much higher percentage than those that completely ban civilian firearms ownership. Sounds like we'd better jump on that bandwagon as well.

Another sign of a more civilized country, the tolerance of homosexuals and recognition of such marriages (or at least not persecuting them). The States are beginning to make progress here.