Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns save lives thread

F3SS

Guest Br Cornelius

Russia is not a developed country? :lol: ok.

If you think a country infiltrated at every level with organised crime, with levels of alcoholism seen nowhere else in the world (the source of 2/3 of all homicides by the way) and a lower life expectancy than 3 decades ago is developed then I don't really value your opinion on such things.

Br Cornelius

It's even more hilarious when busybodies from other countries put in their two cents, when they don't have a clue. :whistle:

But isn't it true? A lot of Americans use guns as toys, nothing else. A quick glance on youtube verifies that.

Three Suspected Robbers Allegedly Attack Man in His Own Home. Suddenly, Five Gunshots Are Fired. Three People Are Hit.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/10/07/three-suspected-robbers-allegedly-attack-man-in-his-own-home-suddenly-five-gunshots-are-fired-three-people-are-hit/

This and every story like it just aren't true. That guns are used in self defense is a myth. Must be a media fabrication.

• Like 1

well I didn't want to comment but I have to say that we're talking about the United States, where drug crimes are rampant, kids, 16, 17, 18 years old break into cars for change, garages and houses to take a tv to sell for drugs, so does that mean you should shoot and kill them? you live with that, I don't want to have that on my conscience, most of these crimes are committed without weapons but homeowners with guns shoot to kill because they have the right if someone breaks into their home or property, you can't attach reasonableness to owning a gun, no one is proposing taking away all gun rights, but why would anybody contest better gun control laws, I just don't understand that thinking, I understand criminals will find a way to get guns, that's why we need to concentrate on ways to stop that, things have changed since the 1790's for goodness sakes.

well I didn't want to comment but I have to say that we're talking about the United States, where drug crimes are rampant, kids, 16, 17, 18 years old break into cars for change, garages and houses to take a tv to sell for drugs, so does that mean you should shoot and kill them? you live with that, I don't want to have that on my conscience, most of these crimes are committed without weapons but homeowners with guns shoot to kill because they have the right if someone breaks into their home or property, you can't attach reasonableness to owning a gun, no one is proposing taking away all gun rights, but why would anybody contest better gun control laws, I just don't understand that thinking, I understand criminals will find a way to get guns, that's why we need to concentrate on ways to stop that, things have changed since the 1790's for goodness sakes.

people today are more constrained by the thinking of the 1790's when it comes to guns than the people of the 1790's. They attribute todays brand of radicalism and disrespect for all government to our founders, like they really know anything about the founders. the truth is, shay's rebellion and black camp led to a strong federal constitution. They realized the confederation was too weak and lacked the ability to respond to threats to government, and rebellion. I am convinced George Washington would have sent the army after those crazy militias who blocked that highway in NV and probably strung up the leaders. The founders would have no tolerance for the lack of respect these right wingers have for anything. Washington hung deserters. He would find these wackos with guns running through the hills of Arkansas and Idaho calling themselves Colonel nothing but trouble makers and after he horse whipped them, he would hang them. It's clear Americans today have too many nuts clinging to their guns and their bibles. So yes we have changed since 1790. We are fricken nuts.

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 1

people today are more constrained by the thinking of the 1790's when it comes to guns than the people of the 1790's. They attribute todays brand of radicalism and disrespect for all government to our founders, like they really know anything about the founders. the truth is, shay's rebellion and black camp led to a strong federal constitution. They realized the confederation was too weak and lacked the ability to respond to threats to government, and rebellion. I am convinced George Washington would have sent the army after those crazy militias who blocked that highway in NV and probably strung up the leaders. The founders would have no tolerance for the lack of respect these right wingers have for anything. Washington hung deserters. He would find these wackos with guns running through the hills of Arkansas and Idaho calling themselves Colonel nothing but trouble makers and after he horse whipped them, he would hang them. It's clear Americans today have too many nuts clinging to their guns and their bibles. So yes we have changed since 1790. We are fricken nuts.

So hanging people, not nuts. Exercising our rights, fricken nuts!

Back in the founders' days military could come into your house and live there. The 3rd Amendment, like the 1st and 2nd, limited govt power to do that. We've come a long way since 1790. The President doesn't travel around the country hanging right wing people he doesn't like and that wouldn't be progress if he did.

It didn't serve you well to go back in time before the Bill of Rights to argue for ignoring the Bill of Rights today.

Guest Br Cornelius

There is hope for sanity:

Steve Elliott

5 October at 20:49 · Avery, CA, United States ·

I am a responsible gun owner.

I bought my first gun when I was 12. It was a Browning 12-gauge shotgun, and I saved money from my paper route and cleaning a drive-in restaurant to buy it in time for dove season. In the years before I could legally drive, I’d tie the Browning across the handlebars of my bike and ride to the fields outside town to hunt.

I’ve owned several guns since, and own a handgun now. I bought that gun to keep my family safe, and lock it up to keep them safe from it. Like I said, responsible.

And so while I’d like to believe I’m not part and party to the gun violence that stains America, I can’t. My grandmother shot and killed herself with a gun, and a few years ago my father shot and didn’t quite kill himself with one. My stepbrother died in a murder-suicide with a gun, and the husband of one of my sister’s co-workers was killed in a mass shooting.

None of that happened with my gun, of course, but after every new mass shooting, I’m reminded that I bear a portion of the responsibility for our nation’s gun violence. There are too many guns to do anything about it, the gun lobby says. Regulations are a slippery slope that only limit the rights of responsible gun owners, they say.

My gun is being used to argue against common-sense laws and policies that could reduce gun violence in America, arguments I find unconscionable. That’s what being a responsible gun owner means today – I’m responsible. I’ve been uneasy about that for a while now, and ashamed to admit it’s taken two more mass shootings for me to do anything about it.

That ended today. Today I disassembled my handgun, a 9mm Ruger, clamped the pieces in a vice and cut them in half with an angle grinder. I’m sending the proper paperwork into the state to report it destroyed.

None of us individually can stop gun violence in America, but as a responsible gun owner, I will no longer be used as a justification for doing nothing about it. Today I did what I could. Today there is ‪#‎ONELESSGUN‬.

Br Cornelius

So hanging people, not nuts. Exercising our rights, fricken nuts!

Back in the founders' days military could come into your house and live there. The 3rd Amendment, like the 1st and 2nd, limited govt power to do that. We've come a long way since 1790. The President doesn't travel around the country hanging right wing people he doesn't like and that wouldn't be progress if he did.

It didn't serve you well to go back in time before the Bill of Rights to argue for ignoring the Bill of Rights today.

The second amendment is the most poorly written amendment that makes absolutely no sense in the modern day. It makes sense to the 18th century mind who did not think we needed a professional army, when the weapons owned by a farmer were not much different than those owned by a soldier. It makes sense to a time when a war could take two months to even start. In fact some wars were over and people still fought, because word never came. Now you have morons, running around saying they are the militia that the founders wanted. They claim everyone between 16-65 are automatically part of the militia and they have the authority to overthrow the government because it is not following the constitution. These militia movements dominate the NRA. The NRA does not even want control or the ability to identify explosive powders used by bombmakers. But while you are mouthing the words of the 2nd amendment, I will remind you there are other words in the constitution. First Congress shall write the regulation for the Militia...it says that. the states will appoint the officers of the militia...it says that. and when called into federal service the president will be the Commander in Chief of the militia. SO the nuts running around calling each other colonel are the unconstitutional traitors they claim our government to be. It's time sanity reigned and we started locking up these wacko like all those inbreds camping out on that Nevada Highway, and the old farts who show up at townhall meetings daring people to take their guns. There is some type of low level paranoid schizophrenia gripping too many crazy right wingers. They make stuff up. They put their made up stuff on bumper stickers, because that is the length of their attention span. They repeat nonsense like the UN is taking over, the new world order is here, Obama is going to take our guns, black helicopters are flying around spying on us, UN trucks are parked at the local armory, the government is building detention camps...it is utter nonsense...and some of this nonsense is repeated in this thread. If our founders were here to see 14k murders per year 5-10 times our European friends they would rethink that 2nd amendment real quick. but the nuts of today, its the only amendment they care about. John Adams said people owe nothing to posterity...meaning people need to not be bound by the actions of the past. I know this is not a bumper sticker, so maybe you can read it over a month's time.

Edited by mbrn30000

If guns kill...then dating websites make me cheat. :w00t:

• Like 2

Br, you do realize in the wake of this latest shooting that thousands of people went out and bought a gun? That kind of negates the one lone (maybe real, maybe not) guy who decided to give up his gun. Do not expect to see a movement because of this.

• Like 3

keep repeating your bumper sticker slogans...shows your intelligence. the lower the IQ and education the higher the likelihood your vote republican and watch fox news.

keep repeating your bumper sticker slogans...shows your intelligence. the lower the IQ and education the higher the likelihood your vote republican and watch fox news.

this must be that famous liberal "tolerance and acceptance" I always hear about

• Like 4

this must be that famous liberal "tolerance and acceptance" I always hear about

I am not a liberal and I never tolerate stupid.