Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns save lives thread

F3SS

That's a suprising statistic Br Cornelius.

To save me trawling, do you have a handy link for that ?

The evidence clearly states that you are more likely top use a gun if you are a white male,

that is an idiotic statment, please show what evidence clearly states that. or you mean because there are more whites they are more likely to use a gun??? lamo. that is not an evidence of anything usefull.

Black people in the United States are more likely to be victims of violent confrontations with police officers than whites because they commit more violent crimes than whites per capita.

– FACT: Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks commit around half of homicides in the United States. DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, blacks committed 52% of homicides, compared to 45% of homicides committed by whites.

More up to date FBI statistics tell a similar story. In 2013, black criminals carried out 38% of murders, compared to 31.1% for whites, again despite the fact that there are five times more white people in the U.S.

– FACT: From 2011 to 2013, 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black. This figure is three times higher than the 13% black population figure. When you account for the fact that black males aged 15-34, who account for around 3% of the population, are responsible for the vast majority of these crimes, the figures are even more staggering.

– FACT: Despite the fact that black people commit an equal or greater number of violent crimes than whites, whites are almost TWICE as likely to be killed by police officers.

According to data from the Centers for Disease Control, between 1999 and 2011, 2,151 whites died as a result of being shot by police compared to 1,130 blacks.

Critics argue that black people are overrepresented in these figures because they only represent 13% of the population, but they are underrepresented if you factor in violent crime offenders. In other words, you would expect the number of blacks and whites killed by police to be roughly equal given that they commit a roughly equal number of violent crimes, but that’s not the case. Whites are nearly 100% more likely to be victims.

And what about black on white violence in general?

– FACT: Despite being outnumbered by whites five to one, blacks commit eight times more crimes against whites than vice-versa, according to FBI statistics from 2007. A black male is 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse. These figures also show that interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white.

“Even allowing for the existence of discrimination in the criminal justice system, the higher rates of crime among black Americans cannot be denied,” wrote James Q. Wilson and Richard Herrnstein in their widely cited 1985 study, “Crime and Human Nature.” “Every study of crime using official data shows blacks to be overrepresented among persons arrested, convicted, and imprisoned for street crimes.”

It’s clear that the greater propensity for black people to commit violent crimes is a driving factor as to why blacks are becoming involved in more violent confrontations with police than their 13% population figure suggests they should be. If the 911 calls are coming from black areas and are related to black people committing violent crimes, then of course black people are more likely to be involved in violent confrontations with cops.

http://www.infowars.com/black-crime-facts-that-the-white-liberal-media-darent-talk-about/

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

The evidence clearly states that you are more likely top use a gun if you are a white male, and as such your beliefs are letting you down again.

Br Cornelius

That's not true considering blacks make up only 34.5% of the population. The five service men who were shot in this years attack are also included in the stats. I know which areas to avoid getting shot too. Anywhere else in town I have no qualms about walking around at night by myself. Funny how that works.

• Like 1

13%

Not in my city. Check out the demographics of the most dangerous cities in the US. That is one thing can't be denied.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

You can defend yourself better if you aren't threatened by a gun. Its circular logic you are indulging in.

The only way to adequately protect yourself is to take guns out of the equation.

You cannot protect yourself by flooding the country with guns - it is simply not possible.

Br Cornelius

So it safer for me for to go against a guy twice my size with a baseball bat? or the fact that men most of the time are stronger then women, taking guns away puts them at a huge disadvantage. I would rather my spouse and the intruder both have a firearm then for her to have to try to survive against some dude who will for sure be stronger then her. It is called the great equalizer for a reason.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

So it safer for me for to go against a guy twice my size with a baseball bat? or the fact that men most of the time are stronger then women, taking guns away puts them at a huge disadvantage. I would rather my spouse and the intruder both have a firearm then for her to have to try to survive against some dude who will for sure be stronger then her. It is called the great equalizer for a reason.

the problem is you are going up against an imaginary foe. if you stay away from drugs, gangs, and people who associate with drugs and gangs, live a decent life, the odds are very small you will ever need a gun. its your choice of course despite the rhetoric on the right that someone wants to take your penis I mean your gun away from you. you bring a gun into your house, you own it. someone dies by your gun whether by accident, suicide or intentional you own it. your gun gets stolen and used to kill, you own it. so get the gun for the imaginary miniscule threat, and risk the more likely other events.

From the article (http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,152446,00.html):

"When her assailant ordered her to crawl in the dirt, Bolton responded by emptying her pocket semi-auto into him. He died later in a hospital."

Yep - guns save lives... I guess only the important lives.

• Like 1

From the article (http://content.time....,152446,00.html):

"When her assailant ordered her to crawl in the dirt, Bolton responded by emptying her pocket semi-auto into him. He died later in a hospital."

Yep - guns save lives... I guess only the important lives.

did you read the rest of that story? the man took the gun away, held it to Bolton's neck and pulled the trigger. Fortunately, the gun jammed.

did you read the rest of that story? the man took the gun away, held it to Bolton's neck and pulled the trigger. Fortunately, the gun jammed.

I read the entire article. The gun didn't jam, she emptied the gun of bullets while firing at him. That comment was not directed toward the article, I was highlighting an interesting aspect of the article and adding my two sense (of which I expect change).

Perhaps I could have written the comment better to convey that my message was not to refute the article.

what would happen if she did not have a gun and did not fire at the guy? he would be alive and well, and she be either raped or killed, or both

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

the problem is you are going up against an imaginary foe. if you stay away from drugs, gangs, and people who associate with drugs and gangs, live a decent life, the odds are very small you will ever need a gun.

:w00t: Yeah right. Why is it the first thing we hear from the neighbors is that things like that never happen in their community when a whole family is wiped out? It couldn't be that nice expensive house they live where they are so secure they forget to turn on the alarm.

Edited by Michelle

"After cabdriver Iran Bolton picked up an early morning fare at a Phoenix Ariz., night spot, the customer held a broken bottle to her throat and forced her to pull into a deserted area. Robbing her of $70, the thug pushed the woman out of her cab and threw her to the ground. When her assailant ordered her to crawl in the dirt, Bolton responded by emptying her pocket semi-auto into him. He died later in a hospital."

How do you get a jammed gun from that? You sound hysterical making things up.

• Like 1

The evidence clearly states that you are more likely top use a gun if you are a white male, and as such your beliefs are letting you down again.

Br Cornelius

Come on Br, you know that's BS. When 13% of the population is committing over half the murders, well, there's the trouble.

How do you get a jammed gun from that? You sound hysterical making things up.

oh sorry the gun was empty...same thing. it didn't fire.

Even the American Rifleman accounts of how helpful a gun can be in saving a life may not always tell the full story. In the case of cabdriver Bolton, the N.R.A. magazine failed to report how chance, rather than her pistol, saved her life. Bolton told the Arizona Republic that after she wounded her assailant, he grabbed her gun, pushed the barrel against her neck and pulled the trigger several times. What really saved Bolton was that she had emptied the chamber. Said she: "I kept thinking that maybe there was a bullet still in it and it would go off at any minute." If that had happened, the incident undoubtedly would not have appeared in the Rifleman.

you read only part of the story. kind of like bumper stickers and fox news.

hey folks I hope all the right wingers get guns today. the odds are it will kill them in a suicide or accident long before it is used to defend anyone. the more that off themselves the better the world will be. paranoid racist idiots should all shoot themselves. good riddance. speed up Darwinism. start with those overweight inbreds holding signs against Obama in Oregon. send them some beer and tell them to target practice. watch the drunken domestic violence break out...it will be a hoot. fun in the old trailer park.

Edited by mbrn30000

Seriously ZZ. This guy is certifiable. Perhaps psychotic too. He's having all kinds of vivid fantasies about right wingers being killed. Two pychobabble short stories written in as many days. He is a perfect example of someone you don't want having a gun. At the very least he has no ability to compose himself.

• Like 3

yeah I am sure you are fair and balanced right wingers. when are you going to start protesting that foreign boy cruz trying to keep him off ballots? oh wait he is not black. so he can be foreign born. you only fool yourselves fools.

hey folks I hope all the right wingers get guns today. the odds are it will kill them in a suicide or accident long before it is used to defend anyone. the more that off themselves the better the world will be. paranoid racist idiots should all shoot themselves. good riddance. speed up Darwinism. start with those overweight inbreds holding signs against Obama in Oregon. send them some beer and tell them to target practice. watch the drunken domestic violence break out...it will be a hoot. fun in the old trailer park.

But we all already have guns. And yet we remain. Hmm.

• Like 1

Seriously ZZ. This guy is certifiable. Perhaps psychotic too. He's having all kinds of vivid fantasies about right wingers being killed. Two pychobabble short stories written in as many days. He is a perfect example of someone you don't want having a gun. At the very least he has no ability to compose himself.

Hey I am not shooting anyone. I am just waiting on natural selection to take its course. ever compare the stats on accidental shooting and suicide against homicide? well? I am sure that is not important to your argument.LOL. Don't even bother to check how many white males kill their families before biting the barrel. do you even know what psychotic means? I didn't think so.

Edited by mbrn30000

yeah I am sure you are fair and balanced right wingers. when are you going to start protesting that foreign boy cruz trying to keep him off ballots? oh wait he is not black. so he can be foreign born. you only fool yourselves fools.

Ahh yes the race card. I don't think I could sleep tonight without someone calling me a racist. You are as pathetic as you are predictable.

• Like 3