Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
F3SS

Guns save lives thread

2,946 posts in this topic

F3SS

Well he does. It stems from his roots in Indonesia. Ask him.

mbrn30000

I am a white southern male and I understand the code buddy. keep talking. you are exposing the truth.

mbrn30000

so does that go for all americans who spend some of their youth in foreign countries? they might be infected with them foreign ways so they cannot be president? or are there some countries that are ok by you, and of course some people that are ok by you. Can we get a list of the approved countries? we all want to hear.

is the list in the constitution? I don't recall one. hmmm. I guess we need to turn to you for approval of such things.

Edited by mbrn30000

spartan max2

clearly if you wanted to shoot yourself because you are drunk and despondent one night, and you have no gun, it just ain't going to happen that night.

I am not against guns. I am against the paranoid ramblings of the gun lobby and their ignorant supporters. Nobody is coming for your gun. But if the topic do guns save lives then you have to balance that by how many it costs.

We had a story near me some time ago. Two neighbors were having a running dispute over a barking dog. Neighbor A is sitting on their porch when Neighbor B comes walking home from a nearby bar. At least I think he walked. Somehow as he was walking to his door, they began to argue over this barking dog. Keep in mind there was a small fence between them. Neighbor B was probably drunk. Not sure what was said about Neighbor A. Neighbor A walks into his house, but instead of staying grabs his gun. He goes back out on his porch. The words continued. Then Neighbor A shoots Neighbor B dead. Neighbor A did get life in prison. http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-06-18/story/flagler-county-man-66-sentenced-life-prison-killing-neighbor-over

My point is, how would these neighbors had ended this dispute without the presence of a gun? So you decide to bring a gun into your home, you own it and all that comes from it.

I have owned guns..i have had friends who carried guns when we were out. I never understood their fear of being out and about unarmed. I have no fear. I have lived a long life compared to some. Why do people fear so much?

If I lock my car door is that because I fear the world or because I just want to lower my chances of getting robbed?

You could equally argue taking the alcohol or the guys anger issues out of the situation would change it.

Someone's unresonable choices should not limit my choices

F3SS

There is no code with me. His being black is the last and most inane reason to question him. Besides, all I said was affinity. I forgot I'm talking to the guy obsessed with race.

• Like 1

mbrn30000

There is no code with me. His being black is the last and most inane reason to question him. Besides, all I said was affinity. I forgot I'm talking to the guy obsessed with race.

no you forgot you were talking to a smart person. we got it. you don't like Indonesia. but if he had lived in Canada he would be fine with you? LOL> keep digging bro. we totally understand. it's not about race...wink wink...lol.

hey don't be ashamed. you don't have to like black people. its no crime.

Edited by mbrn30000

F3SS

so does that go for all americans who spend some of their youth in foreign countries? they might be infected with them foreign ways so they cannot be president? or are there some countries that are ok by you, and of course some people that are ok by you. Can we get a list of the approved countries? we all want to hear.

is the list in the constitution? I don't recall one. hmmm. I guess we need to turn to you for approval of such things.

I never said anything like any of that and you don't need my approval for anything.

F3SS

Whatever dude. You have yet to prove your intelligence here. Angst, bitterness, racism and murder stories you made up in your head aren't signs of being smart. You should try talking instead of instigating and being spiteful. We all do better that way.

• Like 1

mbrn30000

If I lock my car door is that because I fear the world or because I just want to lower my chances of getting robbed?

You could equally argue taking the alcohol or the guys anger issues out of the situation would change it.

Someone's unresonable choices should not limit my choices

hmmm. locking your door same as carrying a gun. yeah that makes sense. I don't care if you want to carry a gun. the topic is do they save lives, and my point is they do not net lives. but maybe you will never need a gun, or maybe your kid will never shoot himself. I really don't care. get a gun. unlock or lock your doors.

mbrn30000

I never said anything like any of that and you don't need my approval for anything.

you apparently said any kid that spent any youth in Indonesia should not be president. and of course if they have an affinity for muslims...not sure where you got that and what that actually means. so he likes muslims better than America? he is disloyal? he goes to a Christian church but is a closet muslim? you said it. explain what you mean? I am confused.

mbrn30000

Whatever dude. You have yet to prove your intelligence here. Angst, bitterness, racism and murder stories you made up in your head aren't signs of being smart. You should try talking instead of instigating and being spiteful. We all do better that way.

typical. you cannot back it up. you know you make no sense. so blame me.

F3SS

No you're a liberal looking for a strawman. All I did was point out what made him controversial. And affinity only means to naturally like something. Affinity does not mean you are something. Affinity does not mean you prefer something over another thing. I did not say that a worldly traveler has no place as POTUS. Everything you say is made up in a deceitful way. You are not smart. You cannot trick anybody. You're tactics are so blatantly obvious that it will be painful when you realize how predictable and simple you are. You'll realize it one day when you see some other vindictive liberal using the same tactics and you'll immediately see what a farce it is and then you'll realize that posting style is exactly like yours.

Now its time to get back on topic. Go bother someone else.

• Like 2

mbrn30000

No you're a liberal looking for a strawman. All I did was point out what made him controversial. And affinity only means to naturally like something. Affinity does not mean you are something. Affinity does not mean you prefer something over another thing. I did not say that a worldly traveler has no place as POTUS. Everything you say is made up in a deceitful way. You are not smart. You cannot trick anybody. You're tactics are so blatantly obvious that it will be painful when you realize how predictable and simple you are. You'll realize it one day when you see some other vindictive liberal using the same tactics and you'll immediately see what a farce it is and then you'll realize that posting style is exactly like yours.

Now its time to get back on topic. Go bother someone else.

hey man I got you. Affinity for islam is anti American. got it. it doesn't help he spent time in Indonesia, has a funny name and is naturally tan. but hey nobody says you have to like everyone. got it man. don't worry. I will keep your secret. you are just a misunderstood conservative being picked on by a liberal. I hate when that happens.

but cruz is cool. white, Canadian, Christian zealot...just your kind. probably likes kids too.

Edited by mbrn30000

Michelle

but cruz is cool. white, Canadian, Christian zealot...just your kind. probably likes kids too.

White? Cruz is Cuban, at least on his father's side. But don't let that knock you off of your soapbox.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

DieChecker

I'd like to say that F3SS has done a fantastic job in dealing with mbrn30000. I'd have Reported him as causing trouble quite a long time ago.

mbrn is consistently misrepresenting posts to try to score points on a subject that should be serious and not an opportunity to act a fool. Post links to your points mbrn....

• Like 3

DieChecker

the problem is the right wing is so crazy they want to protect the crazies. if we start making people pass competency requirements to own a gun, imagine how many will fail.

Since 99.9% of people who are gun owners never are charged with any crime, and are peaceful, respectful, conscientious individuals, I think that more requirements would not do anything other then cause more red tape. Few of the greater mass of owners will fail increased requirements. Those who do mostly use guns in crimes tend to use stolen, or otherwise illegal guns... specifically so they can't easily be traced and tracked down. So, I see increased requirements as a political sideshow, to give the illusion of doing something when really it will do NOTHING to lower rates of murders.

DieChecker

hey folks I hope all the right wingers get guns today. the odds are it will kill them in a suicide or accident long before it is used to defend anyone. the more that off themselves the better the world will be. paranoid racist idiots should all shoot themselves. good riddance. speed up Darwinism. start with those overweight inbreds holding signs against Obama in Oregon. send them some beer and tell them to target practice. watch the drunken domestic violence break out...it will be a hoot. fun in the old trailer park.

This is clearly the MOST STUPID post I have every seen you post. This alone probably could get you BANNED from UM.

What were you thinking????

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Like 2

DieChecker

if you stay away from drugs, gangs, and people who associate with drugs and gangs, live a decent life, the odds are very small you will ever need a gun.

The problem isn't the average law abiding citizen staying away from the criminals, but how to keep the criminals away from the good citizens.

DieChecker

My position is based on academic evidence that more guns equals more deaths.

BC is RIGHT. If you adjust the data to remove trivial variables, like social status, wealth, ethnicity or race, then more guns equals more deaths.

If you do include those "Trivial" variables, then it is even more clear that rates of gun ownership is WAY DOWN the list of variables that correlate the highest with gun murder.

DieChecker

hey man I got you. Affinity for islam is anti American. got it. it doesn't help he spent time in Indonesia, has a funny name and is naturally tan. but hey nobody says you have to like everyone. got it man. don't worry. I will keep your secret. you are just a misunderstood conservative being picked on by a liberal. I hate when that happens.

I thought you said you were not into Ad Hominem attacks? All I see is you attacking with Ad Hominem for the last three pages.

• Like 2

preacherman76

White? Cruz is Cuban, at least on his father's side. But don't let that knock you off of your soapbox.

I don't even like Cruz, but that was great, lol

mbrn30000

I thought you said you were not into Ad Hominem attacks? All I see is you attacking with Ad Hominem for the last three pages.

??? I said Ad Hominem attacks...I don't even know what that means. LOL> I am all for calling out stupid.

mbrn30000

This is clearly the MOST STUPID post I have every seen you post. This alone probably could get you BANNED from UM.

What were you thinking????

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

WHat am I thinking? I am thinking guns cause more suicides and accidental shooting than they save lives. The owner of a gun will more likely die from his own gun intentionally or by accident than ever need it for self defense. Factor in that they also are more likely to be stolen, used in a domestic shooting or homicide, or to kill someone intentionally who was not a real threat, Guns are not so great to have around. But if gun nuts want them, odds are the more likely events will occur and we do need less nuts in the world. So when you ask do guns saves lives, on the whole they do not.

If anyone wants to ban me for pointing out the facts, then let them do it.

Beefers

Kinda ironic that the "gun nuts" are the most patriotic(/"murican") people there seem to be...

mbrn30000

Kinda ironic that the "gun nuts" are the most patriotic(/"murican") people there seem to be...

they just think they are.