Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

Two weeks to go, Season 3 is about to begin. This makes PA very happy :yes:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV_twflbzxc

edit: for new viewers to this thread, please keep in mind that many people who watch this show do not live in America and must wait a day or so before they can see what you have already seen. As such, it is always best to use spoiler tags when posting details about the latest episode or future plot lines (especially if you have also read the book/s and have an idea of what will happen). If you are unaware of how to use Spoiler tags, they should look as follows:

[spoiler]This is a spoiler![/spoiler]

Without the code box, the spoiler should show up as an invisible wall of text that can only be accessed by clicking on a button. This is just a good way to show respect to people who may not have seen what you have seen. Please be considerate, and enjoy season 3 (I know I'll definitely enjoy it).

~ Paranoid Android

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

Two weeks feels like a lifetime away *sigh*, still very very happy bout this :clap: :clap: :clap:

My daughter is completely 'hooked' on this series. She's read the books and is salivating for the TV series to begin again. Personally, it's a tad too dark for my liking...seems like all the good characters simply get killed (too depressing). I must admit, some excellent acting though.

Exciteeeeeed! :D :D :D Though I'm in the UK (and don't have a subscription to a decent service that gets stuff like GoT!) and will have to wait longer for them.

I am very new to Game of Thrones and when I say new I mean I know absolutely zero about it.

I ended up buying season 1&2 on eBay (£6 cheaper than Amazon) yesterday morning and they are here today, so hopefully I will make a start tonight.

• Like 2

I am very new to Game of Thrones and when I say new I mean I know absolutely zero about it.

I ended up buying season 1&2 on eBay (£6 cheaper than Amazon) yesterday morning and they are here today, so hopefully I will make a start tonight.

I think I mentioned this to you before, but I do envy you right now. I wish I could go back and watch the show from the start for the first time again. Then I'd be shocked and surprised and delighted by what they were doing. Have fun :)
  • Like 1

I think I mentioned this to you before, but I do envy you right now. I wish I could go back and watch the show from the start for the first time again. Then I'd be shocked and surprised and delighted by what they were doing. Have fun :)

OK, let’s get started.

Normally as a rule I am not a big fan of mythical, dragon slaying, goblin type programs or movies, so as you can understand, I did have my reservations before watching any of them last night.

I was determined to make a start and give them a chance even if I didn’t like the first episode.

This is how last night panned out for me: I cooked the family dinner so it was a late start, by the time my wife returned back from teaching her Yoga class and we ate dinner it was 21:30hrs. My wife wanted to watch something in the other lounge and I pulled the first DVD from the box and started at the very beginning.

A late dinner and a few glasses of wine & ended up watching four episodes before I dragged myself to bed.

Bloody brilliant.. How did this manage to evade me for this long?

Everything about it, the cast, landscape, so many sidelined stories going on, the budget must be massive, and boy is it graphic.

The cast and landscape drew me in at first and then stories started to kick in.. Character acting is briliant. It drew me in, I was thinking if I could live back then, imagining the climate, violence etc..

PA... thank you my friend, its one of the best things I have seen on TV in a long long time. :tu:

No prizes for guessing what I'm watching tonight... :yes:

• Like 4

Yey. Xsas is a fan.

Once you're finished GoT, gimme a shout and I'll point you in the direction of around 10-15 shows of the same caliber. Breaking Bad is the best show ever made. Ever.

• Like 2

Yey. Xsas is a fan.

Once you're finished GoT, gimme a shout and I'll point you in the direction of around 10-15 shows of the same caliber. Breaking Bad is the best show ever made. Ever.

I might have to do that, because I don't have the will power to pace myself and watch Season 1 & 2, so it keeps me busy until the Walking Dead Season 4 starts.

I seem to have hijacked this season 3 thread.

I might have to do that, because I don't have the will power to pace myself and watch Season 1 & 2, so it keeps me busy until the Walking Dead Season 4 starts.

I seem to have hijacked this season 3 thread.

you should read the books as I have also just started to read clash of kings or season 2

• Like 1

OK, let’s get started.

Normally as a rule I am not a big fan of mythical, dragon slaying, goblin type programs or movies, so as you can understand, I did have my reservations before watching any of them last night.

I was determined to make a start and give them a chance even if I didn’t like the first episode.

This is how last night panned out for me: I cooked the family dinner so it was a late start, by the time my wife returned back from teaching her Yoga class and we ate dinner it was 21:30hrs. My wife wanted to watch something in the other lounge and I pulled the first DVD from the box and started at the very beginning.

A late dinner and a few glasses of wine & ended up watching four episodes before I dragged myself to bed.

Bloody brilliant.. How did this manage to evade me for this long?

Everything about it, the cast, landscape, so many sidelined stories going on, the budget must be massive, and boy is it graphic.

The cast and landscape drew me in at first and then stories started to kick in.. Character acting is briliant. It drew me in, I was thinking if I could live back then, imagining the climate, violence etc..

PA... thank you my friend, its one of the best things I have seen on TV in a long long time. :tu:

No prizes for guessing what I'm watching tonight... :yes:

Great critique! It gets tough and bad guys become good guys and good guys bad, until they are all the same or

become something else.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Great critique! It gets tough and bad guys become good guys and good guys bad, until they are all the same or

become something else.

Merc14... You know I'm not going to touch that spoiler button don't you.. lol

As tempting as it is, I just know it will do me harm?

• Like 1

Merc14... You know I'm not going to touch that spoiler button don't you.. lol

As tempting as it is, I just know it will do me harm?

LOL. It's not a real spoiler that will ruin anything for you but I am being careful. You'd love the books I think and the two are not is anyway mutually exclusive. As an aside, I bought my Kindle because of these books (they are seriously large) and it was the best buy I ever made.

• Like 2

LOL. It's not a real spoiler that will ruin anything for you but I am being careful. You'd love the books I think and the two are not is anyway mutually exclusive. As an aside, I bought my Kindle because of these books (they are seriously large) and it was the best buy I ever made.

I listened to all the audiobooks. Amazing.

I'm still not touching that spoiler, I have too much to lose.

I made the mistake of visting IMDB while watching the first 5 episodes.. I only wanted to see who some of the actors were, I recognised them and needed to see what I had seen them in before.

Then I saw a couple of the actors were only in 8 episodes and 10 episodes, so now I know there going to die..

• Like 1

I made the mistake of visting IMDB while watching the first 5 episodes.. I only wanted to see who some of the actors were, I recognised them and needed to see what I had seen them in before.

Then I saw a couple of the actors were only in 8 episodes and 10 episodes, so now I know there going to die..

Winter is coming.

• Like 2

Lol. Nah you should be fine. A lot of characters aren't in every single episode. There are just too many characters for that.

Also theres loads more in the books. Stuff you will not see in the Seasons lol.

• Like 2

What an Easter! Spend the day with the family and a nice dinner, then its the season finale of The Walking Dead, followed by the seaon premiere of Game of Thrones! Can't wait!!!! :clap:

Edited by ChewiesArmy
  • Like 4

Yet here is a conundrum for people like me who also read the books. HBO has said that they know the general plot lines all the way to the last book, still some years away of course. But HBO say that they think they cannot maintain the series for another ten years, and will probably bring it all to an end at conclusion of season eight, or earlier if ratings drop. Clearly there are differences between the books and the TV, but will HBO have a radically different ending for the TV version? or will it be the ending that Martin has already told them? TV series will end before the final book. Will it be humanly possible to avoid the TV series when it begins to overtake the books? What a terrible decision we may have to make, and how could we avoid spoilers for several years.......

• Like 1

Yet here is a conundrum for people like me who also read the books. HBO has said that they know the general plot lines all the way to the last book, still some years away of course. But HBO say that they think they cannot maintain the series for another ten years, and will probably bring it all to an end at conclusion of season eight, or earlier if ratings drop. Clearly there are differences between the books and the TV, but will HBO have a radically different ending for the TV version? or will it be the ending that Martin has already told them? TV series will end before the final book. Will it be humanly possible to avoid the TV series when it begins to overtake the books? What a terrible decision we may have to make, and how could we avoid spoilers for several years.......

I think there's growing concern that the books will never be finished. GRRM has constantly pushed back publication dates for his books, many people can't see the story being resolved in just 2 more books, saying it's spiralled out of control, that means another 3, it takes him about ~4 years to write a book, and he's no spring chicken and not exactly a health freak...

So if the books go unfinished, the TV series may be the only closure we ever get, or we may never know the intended ending of the saga.

• Like 1

I think there's growing concern that the books will never be finished. GRRM has constantly pushed back publication dates for his books, many people can't see the story being resolved in just 2 more books, saying it's spiralled out of control, that means another 3, it takes him about ~4 years to write a book, and he's no spring chicken and not exactly a health freak...

So if the books go unfinished, the TV series may be the only closure we ever get, or we may never know the intended ending of the saga.

Likely a true assesment, but let us all hope it is wrong and that the gods preserve Martin until he has finished......

• Like 2

Well, this book is actually 2 seasons..and I heard the book after will be 2 seasons too, and, he said the series will be seven books, which is just three more.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned