Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

I really thought that when Sam

showed the blade we'd see him finally confront a white walker. I guess they are waiting to show that. This episode was all about set up for the massive upheavals I am now certain will be shown this season.

I so love the acting in this show that it makes every episode a gem. Can't wait for *snip* and at the same time don't want to see it but I am sure now that it will be this season.

I have been waiting for this to happen ,since the first five minutes of the first episode of season one !

This episode was rather tame compared to the two before it

I can't do spoiler clips on here . So I can't ramble about what I found interesting ,but lets just say I could literally feel my muscles and lungs screaming ,and the sheer exhaustion ,after one particular scene :):

I can't do spoiler clips on here . So I can't ramble about what I found interesting ,but lets just say I could literally feel my muscles and lungs screaming ,and the sheer exhaustion ,after one particular scene :):

just type this and at the end of your thought type another but put a / in front of the s.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

just type this and at the end of your thought type another but put a / in front of the s.

That's all ? Oh, that's easy . I'm on a cell phone ,so most things are not copy and pastable etc .

To use the spoiler tags use the following formula :)

[spoiler]

This is a spoiler - type whatever spoiler you wish to ramble bout 

[/spoiler]

Without the Code Tags, the comment looks as follows :

This is a spoiler - type whatever spoiler you wish to ramble bout :)

Hope it helps :)

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

Gotcha PA !

No sweat Merc .

• Like 1

Who else is extremely impressed by the way Season 3 is building? I'm really enjoying the story arcs of the characters. Danaerys is becoming far far far more interesting than her Season 2 storyline, in fact I can't think of a poor storyline in any of the characters. Every time I see Dany's story I get goosebumps waiting to see what will happen. Three more episodes until the season is finished, and already it's feeling far too short. I'm hoping they'll do the smart thing and make episode 10 a movie-length episode - that would be about all they can do to really do justice to Season 3.

All players are now in place for:

The royal weddings - Margaery/Joffrey, Edmure Tully/Walder Frey's daughter, Sansa/Tyrion, Cersei/Loras.

Looking forward to how they approach these events over the next couple of episodes.

Joffrey (don't know the actor's name) played his part perrfectly. Arrogant, nasty, childish, petty and scared of grandpa all at the same time. Tywin walking across teh hall and mounting the stairs was great too. I think he is starting to wonder if he can control this thing.

Edited by Merc14

Joffrey (don't know teh actor's name) played his part perrfectly. Arrogant, nasty, childish, petty and scared of grandpa all at the same time. Tywin walking across teh hall and mounting the stairs was great too. I think he is starting to wonder if he can control this thing.

I have to admit, the scene in the last episode where Joffrey

was shown admiring his crossbow as the camera panned to a (presumable) whore tied up and riddled with arrows

managed to shock and intrigue me both at the same time. The guy who plays Joffrey (also not sure his name) has managed to endear himself as one of the most unliked characters in any show ever made on television. And by that, I mean it in a positive way - he's unliked because he's so good and making us hate him.

• Like 1

The fear in his eyes while trying to appear regal and all powerful as Grandpa made the long walk was brilliant. The Dragons were also brilliantly done, they looked so real my jaw dropped. Are they animotronics, CGI, both?

• Like 1

The fear in his eyes while trying to appear regal and all powerful as Grandpa made the long walk was brilliant. The Dragons were also brilliantly done, they looked so real my jaw dropped. Are they animotronics, CGI, both?

Indeed, but honestly, I'd be afraid of Tywin Lannister regardless of who I was. He's a tough bugger, that's for certain.

I agree the dragons are brilliant. I don't know much about computer technology, but I assumed they were CGI. It's the cheapest way to get that kind of thing these days, and with growing technology it's becoming more realistic provided it's used in small doses. A little CGI makes it look amazing. A lot of CGI makes it look like every other Hollywood blockbuster made in the past five years :) Could have it wrong, as noted I don't know much about computer technology

Indeed, but honestly, I'd be afraid of Tywin Lannister regardless of who I was. He's a tough bugger, that's for certain.

I agree the dragons are brilliant. I don't know much about computer technology, but I assumed they were CGI. It's the cheapest way to get that kind of thing these days, and with growing technology it's becoming more realistic provided it's used in small doses. A little CGI makes it look amazing. A lot of CGI makes it look like every other Hollywood blockbuster made in the past five years :) Could have it wrong, as noted I don't know much about computer technology

Ok, CGI according to Emilia Clarke (Dany). http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/02/emilia-clarke-cgi-game-of-thrones-video_n_2997238.html and I agree, they are using just the right mix of CGI and real world to make this thing a spectacle, like teh unsullied lining the road for miles.

• Like 1

That scene showed ,who is *really* in charge .As it isn't Joffrey .

Love the dragons . Love them .

Who else is extremely impressed by the way Season 3 is building? I'm really enjoying the story arcs of the characters. Danaerys is becoming far far far more interesting than her Season 2 storyline, in fact I can't think of a poor storyline in any of the characters. Every time I see Dany's story I get goosebumps waiting to see what will happen. Three more episodes until the season is finished, and already it's feeling far too short. I'm hoping they'll do the smart thing and make episode 10 a movie-length episode - that would be about all they can do to really do justice to Season 3.

The royal weddings - Margaery/Joffrey, Edmure Tully/Walder Frey's daughter, Sansa/Tyrion, Cersei/Loras.

Looking forward to how they approach these events over the next couple of episodes.

I dont think that will work, it would remove the quickness of the drama and tension, it's like BAM BAM BAM!!! straight to the point

I've read all the books up till Dance of Dragons of course and I can't wait for all the 'I did not see that coming' moments to be shown. I watch it with a friend who hasn't read the books and its so hard keeping your mouth shut especially when

they show *snip* torturing Theon. I am literally jumping up and down on the chair shouting 'I know who he is' while my friend gives me the stink eye

Edited by Paranoid Android
Remember, other people haven't read the books, either :)

Martin wrote the last episode himself and it was probably the most interesting one of the season so far.

I liked Petyr Baelish's monologue in episode 6 as well

• Like 1

Just a reminder here, folks, that not everyone has read the books. For the sake of discussion, it would be good if we could refrain from giving away plot lines that haven't happened yet. Even with Spoiler Tags, people who have seen the episode but not read the book are going to click on it and find information that spoils future storylines.

Thank you :)

• Like 1

Her storyline at the moment is by far my favorite.

Tyrion Lannister is favorite character though, Peter Dinklage is such an impressive actor, his on screen presence is brilliant.

I do feel this season (except from Danaerys and her parts) has been kinda slow. I can't help but feel there is not enough time per episode to cover enough story because of all the factions. Then there only being 10 episodes. Maybe next season they should consider extending the episodes.

I've also taken a liking to Dog since he helped Sansa and the other little bits we have seen of him. I hope tere is a good storyline with him. I couldn't believe it was the guy from the Scott's porage oat advert. LOL Not sure if you get Scott's porage oats over there though?

Her storyline at the moment is by far my favorite.

Tyrion Lannister is favorite character though, Peter Dinklage is such an impressive actor, his on screen presence is brilliant.

I do feel this season (except from Danaerys and her parts) has been kinda slow. I can't help but feel there is not enough time per episode to cover enough story because of all the factions. Then there only being 10 episodes. Maybe next season they should consider extending the episodes.

I've also taken a liking to Dog since he helped Sansa and the other little bits we have seen of him. I hope tere is a good storyline with him. I couldn't believe it was the guy from the Scott's porage oat advert. LOL Not sure if you get Scott's porage oats over there though?

I agree there doesn't seem to be enough time in the show now. They jump so fast that you get dizzy and the storylines can't develop.

• Like 1

Book 3 has been split into seasons 3 and 4, so I think they will have time

• Like 2

Book 3 has been split into seasons 3 and 4, so I think they will have time

I hope that helps then. It's put me off this season a little bit.

I agree there doesn't seem to be enough time in the show now. They jump so fast that you get dizzy and the storylines can't develop.

Yeah exactly. lol Feels like less character development than there was int he first 2 seasons.

I hope that helps then. It's put me off this season a little bit.

Yeah exactly. lol Feels like less character development than there was int he first 2 seasons.

As the series went on, GRRM introduced more and more storylines to the point where his last book had to be published as two. I'd stop with the Theon story for now and maybe one other, probably Jon Snows to make room for the more important stories at this point.

• Like 3

FINALLY Sam get his moment. Well done with

the ravens and all. I didn't think they were going to skip it as they have made a big deal of the weapons but I was starting to get worried. Sam is important to the story and I am glad they finally gave him the scene we have been waiting for. The hound and Arya was perfect and my wife was "Finally smething good is happening to one of these poor kids. I kept my mouth shut. :whistle: ,

Once again and as usual, Peter Dinklage shows us all what great acting is. A lot of great cating throughout this show, truly wonderful, but Dinklage is amazing. Joffrey really is a b******, I am so waiting for...

edit: Is it just me or does this show seem to be only 20 minutes long? My Dad was watching for the first time, not a clue what is going on but hooked and said "Is that all?" I said "Dad, when an hour seems like 20 minutes they are doing it right."

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned