Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

I was just trying to talk about the author's motives...but I see this is far too inflammatory. With this I will leave everyone to their own thoughts/speculations.

57 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It would be okay if it didn't require both of the characters to become idiotic and needlessly petty, instead of having a normal conversation. "Hey, Arya, they told me they'd let father live if I wrote that letter" would be all that she need to say, and if I remember correctly, it's also the truth. There's no comeback for that.

Well EMM, we all have our perspectives and opinions about TV shows or the like. We are simply discussing a fictional show. It's not the dramatic US political thread...thank god. As I said I'm simply enjoying what's going on between Arya and Sansa. You aren't and that's ok. I like Sansa's character, but I like Arya's character even more. I also felt, that what Arya said to Sansa in this episode also held much truth as well. I feel that having power has gone to Sansa's head somewhat, and she seems to be losing sight of what's important...and that is loyalty to her remaining family. That's just my opinion btw.

57 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Sure, but the wall is magic and it might extend further than the actual, physical structure (remember Benjen couldn't follow Bran). Also, how would the rest of them get over? The Wall has to come down.

Honestly, I have no idea how the rest of the zombie horde would get over it. Maybe you have an idea of how the wall will come down ?..

The Night King now has a way over/through The Wall. (Called it btw)

Ok, so you called it. Any guesses as to how he will accomplish this feat, since you seem to have your finger on the pulse, more than anyone else thus far :)..

10 hours ago, Merc14 said:

It is fiction and it works because yo can't trust the usual storyline .  Enjoy the difference and GTFU

Yeah, nobody told you to GTFU when you were upset about Princess Shireen. 

Of course, it's fiction, and I love the dragons. 

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Oh, and the hackers have threatened to release the last episode. I think they've been holding the episodes hostage for money from HBO and HBO aren't caving. Pretty sure that leak last week was deliberate by HBO as a way to say **** you to the hackers. I hope they do the same again (who am I kidding, I have no willpower), because I wouldn't mind watching another leak in HD.

Oh btw, after you watch the next leak. Then don't bellyache about it :passifier: when it becomes 'torture' <-(your word) ..that you can't let off steam by sharing your thoughts, because you watched the ep days before it rightfully aired. It's beginning to get old you know.

20 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Well EMM, we all have our perspectives and opinions about TV shows or the like. We are simply discussing a fictional show. It's not the dramatic US political thread...thank god. As I said I'm simply enjoying what's going on between Arya and Sansa. You aren't and that's ok. I like Sansa's character, but I like Arya's character even more. I also felt, that what Arya said to Sansa in this episode also held much truth as well. I feel that having power has gone to Sansa's head somewhat, and she seems to be losing sight of what's important...and that is loyalty to her remaining family. That's just my opinion btw.

Honestly, I have no idea how the rest of the zombie horde would get over it. Maybe you have an idea of how the wall will come down ?..

Ok, so you called it. Any guesses as to how he will accomplish this feat, since you seem to have your finger on the pulse, more than anyone else thus far :)..

Well logic dictates that if not all of the Others can fly a dragon over, then they need another way through. They might go round, but if it was that easy then why hasn't it happened long before now?

And I agree that Sansa has become power hungry, but all the character development of the last 3 seasons has went down the drain after one stroke by Littlefinger. They've either done this as an attempt to make him look positively Machiavellian or he's being tricked. I hope it's the latter because if it's the former it's very, very bad writing.

• Like 1

Just now, Astra. said:

Oh btw, after you watch the next leak. Then don't bellyache about it :passifier: when it becomes 'torture' <-(your word) ..that you can't let off steam by sharing your thoughts, because you watched the ep days before it rightfully aired. It's beginning to get old you know.

What's your deal? You've went ratty with at least 2 posters (including me) over the past few days for no reason. All of a sudden I disagree with you on something and you turn all moody.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I was just trying to talk about the author's motives...but I see this is far too inflammatory. With this I will leave everyone to their own thoughts/speculations.

Lilly, around 2 or 3 pages ago you asked that exact question. I replied with not my opinion but the actual answer from George RR Martin, but you ignored my reply and then asked the same question a few days later.

No one is suggesting you should leave, but if someone gives you an answer to a question then it's generally good etiquette to acknowledge the reply instead of asking the question again.

• Like 1

Geez, even the GoT discussion is getting heated. 

I dunno...everybody can just go ahead and feel superior because I cried over an imaginary dragon and you didn't. Yay you. 

I loved the dragon. I know it was imaginary, but I still loved it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

What's your deal? You've went ratty with at least 2 posters (including me) over the past few days for no reason. All of a sudden I disagree with you on something and you turn all moody.

Do you know what projecting is ? because that is what you are doing. From what I gather also (I may be wrong) but Lilly has left this thread because it was becoming inflammatory, and I'm guessing this was because of you EMM. 

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I dunno...everybody can just go ahead and feel superior because I cried over an imaginary dragon and you didn't. Yay you. 

I cried as well. Didn't you keep a box of tissues handy ?...even so, it's becoming rather unpleasant in this thread. So I'm calling it a day for the time being.

• Like 1

I just wanna be like...listen George...you just write that dragon right back into that story. And make it believable. You can do it. You did it with Jon Snow. Have the Lord of LIght bring it back.

And then you just think about what you've done for a while, mister. Shame on you. 

58 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Lilly, around 2 or 3 pages ago you asked that exact question. I replied with not my opinion but the actual answer from George RR Martin, but you ignored my reply and then asked the same question a few days later.

No one is suggesting you should leave, but if someone gives you an answer to a question then it's generally good etiquette to acknowledge the reply instead of asking the question again.

Look, you said the author had told everyone that the ending was going to be mixed, "bittersweet" (I got that and agree).

What I was attempting to discuss (and it was not even aimed at you personally) was the author's motive behind the 'bittersweet" ending. So let's not play coy here shall we. 

Just to add, I only came to this thread to engage in some light speculative discussion about a fictional piece of literature, nothing else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

So I guess the walkers just carry around cruise ship size anchor chains with them? 

Nah, they got it from Hardhome Depot.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I'm happy about it but that's just because I want to see a dragon breath ice B) lol

A lot of you are jumping on EMM for no reason. He was simply answering questions and giving his own opinion just like you guys and you all just read into it too much and saw meaning that wasn't there.

----------------------------------

Anyway, I loved the interaction between the different people while they were walking north of the wall. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Odin11 said:

A lot of you are jumping on EMM for no reason. He was simply answering questions and giving his own opinion just like you guys and you all just read into it too much and saw meaning that wasn't there.

----------------------------------

Anyway, I loved the interaction between the different people while they were walking north of the wall. 

I love the bit about Tormund wanting to make babies with Brienne. That was so adorable. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, F3SS said:

So I guess the walkers just carry around cruise ship size anchor chains with them? 

I guess they never heard that Dany is the Breaker of Chains. (among many many many other titles)

Reminds me of probably my favourite exchange of the saeson:

• Like 2

I was thinking after that post that if the night king is a seer than i suppose he'd have known to bring those chains. It's probably one of those things I have to just let go of unless we find out they have a storage locker they keep handy things in.

• Like 1

It may have worked better if the writers of the show had simply landed the dragon into a region of soft snow after he fell from the sky, rather than send him to a watery grave. That way, there would have been no need to wonder where these miraculous chains came from. Not to mention who had to dive in and secure the chains around him, which in itself would have required careful precision I'd imagine.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lilly said:

I still think that if Mr Martin presents us with an ending that's extremely dark and depressing it won't bode well for his future in media (and he knows it). I'm betting that at least Jon or Dani will survive the final battle and that somehow the 'curse' the people of the forest cooked up against humanity gets nullified. If the ending Mr Martin chooses is overly bleak and negative it won't be to his advantage. Don't get me wrong, it's not going to be all daisies and butterflies but it won't be an epic tragedy either. Just my opinion.

He is in his late 60's and hasn't finished  ASoI&F so not sure he is too worried about hat Lillly

13 hours ago, Lilly said:

Absurd for people to get upset in this thread about that subject.  There is no answer as only GRRM knows where he is going (sort of) so please, don't stop posting ideas because someone gets upset, I enjoy reading new ideas.

12 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Yeah, nobody told you to GTFU when you were upset about Princess Shireen. 

Of course, it's fiction, and I love the dragons. 

I wasn't so upset that I said I hate the **** author, especially when the AUTHOR hasn't done that in his books.  It may becoming but come on, it is a fictional story designed to disturb you and millions wouldn't be watching if it wasn't different.  Yes, it is upsetting but to say I hate the F^^^^ author is disturbing to me.  It is fiction, enjoy the ride or stop watching.  

11 hours ago, Astra. said:

EMM has ben extremely good about not leaking even though he was dying to.  I have to say, it amped up my expectations and I was not disappointed.

53 minutes ago, Astra. said:

It may have worked better if the writers of the show had simply landed the dragon into a region of soft snow after he fell from the sky, rather than send him to a watery grave. That way, there would have been no need to wonder where these miraculous chains came from. Not to mention who had to dive in and secure the chains around him, which in itself would have required careful precision I'd imagine.

I think the chains came from Hardhome, a large harbor town where they pulled ships around.   I hate to say this but I think all the dragons die except maybe they leave a few eggs as they can change gender as needed.  

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm happy about it but that's just because I want to see a dragon breath ice B) lol

I wonder if he'll breath a foggy form of Liquid nitrogen....where everything he breaths on becomes snap frozen ? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Nah, they got it from Hardhome Depot.

Seriously though, Hardhome was a shipyard so there would likely have been lots of chains like these around there.

• The topic was unpinned