Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

On 8/26/2017 at 8:17 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

A look at the text shows that it has dragonglass in it, so my guess is it will be used by someone to kill a White Walker. Its certainly too prominent to not be used in some major way.

Its interesting that it has what looks like rubies on it. I never thought about that before seeing your post, but Rhaegar is known to have had rubies on his armour so maybe it once belonged to him ? He may even have planned on giving it to his heir ? Now its with his heirs cousin, so its getting closer. 

It looks to me that the book may be explaining the origin of Valyrian steel and may even tell how to make it. And that would be pretty neat.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Odin11 said:

Season 8 can't come fast enough.

Agree, but don't hold your breath. Iv'e been told that the next / last season will probably air in April 2019....but that hasn't been confirmed yet as far as I know. 

Edited by Astra.

9 minutes ago, Astra. said:

It was so satisfying to me to see that coward....

Reveal hidden contents

fall to his knees - cry like a baby - and beg for his life just before Arya slit his throat.

I was hoping that Sansa and Arya had been playing him all along - so game over!

Yeah I could not have been more wrong about Littlefinger, but then I was going off the books more then the show with my theory.

And I'm really glad that Sansa and Arya  have not really reverted back to their old ways.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Astra. said:

Agree, but don't hold your breath. Iv'e been told that the next / last season will probably air in April 2019....but that hasn't been confirmed yet as far as I know. 

I wonder why so long?

6 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I wonder why so long?

Same reason this season took so long to come out. Enormous amounts of cgi is my guess. I'm thinking they'll be ramping it up to Lord of the Rings levels of action and effects next season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Odin11 said:

But Jon being named Aegon bugs me, I hope there's meaning behind it and not just bad writing on the show's part.

I bugs me a lot too. By the time Rhaegar and Lyanna married he allready had a son named Aegon. It would make no sense to give his second son the same name while the first one is still alive. 

To me it looks like lazy writing to go with the most wellknown name and I really hope G.R.R.M isn't going to do that too.

Annoyingly my recording stopped just before the Nights King was finished demolishing the wall. <_< (had to find it on Youtube)

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Same reason this season took so long to come out. Enormous amounts of cgi is my guess. I'm thinking they'll be ramping it up to Lord of the Rings levels of action and effects next season.

I think the later air date is down to the production being put back a few months in order to have the right weather for the full season (snow). I'm sure I read that  somewhere a few months ago.

• Like 1

I just went to the bar I use to work at to eat lunch and talk about game of thrones with my friends who work there that I know watch GOT. Man, do they not pay attention. Both of them thought Viserys was Jon/Aegon's father and not Rhaegar because of the actor that played Rhaegar looked like Viserys. Instead of a awesome conversation about theories and what happened, I spent the last hour and a half trying to explain the Targaryen and Stark family trees. 

I've also seen a lot of people online that seem to think Jon/Aegon and Dany are siblings, its like they didn't even watch the damn show.

You guys are the only hope I have for intelligent conversations about Game of Thrones. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Odin11 said:

I've also seen a lot of people online that seem to think Jon/Aegon and Dany are siblings, its like they didn't even watch the damn show.

This very day I had a collegue who thought that Dany and Jon are siblings.

The collegue I usually talk to about the show is very knowledable about it, so often our conversations are a little hard to follow for the more casual watchers. 

A surprising number of people still think that Danys name is Khaleesi. :wacko:

• Like 1

On 8/28/2017 at 6:00 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

This very day I had a collegue who thought that Dany and Jon are siblings.

The collegue I usually talk to about the show is very knowledable about it, so often our conversations are a little hard to follow for the more casual watchers. 

A surprising number of people still think that Danys name is Khaleesi. :wacko:

Half of the people at my job think she is "blondie" :mellow:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rinna said:

I guess they are gonna have a real problem when they find out Jon is suddenly called Aegon. 

49 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I guess they are gonna have a real problem when they find out Jon is suddenly called Aegon. 

A bunch of us went to dinner last night and ended up discussing the show and I spent about 30 minutes answering questions I thought fairly  basic but got the big "Ohhhhh, that's why!"  from everyone.  Don't mind at all as I love this stuff but am no where near super smart on this stuff except when......   :D

• Like 2

Poor Reek. I felt just awful, as I was rather harsh on him after he left Yara for dead. Anyway, it's obvious that the poor fellow went through much guilt and remorse after jumping ship and leaving her in the hands of his thug uncle. And I certainly respected him more when he admitted to being a coward. In saying that, it was a great fight sequence on the beach, and he now has the backing of the other Ironborn guys. I can't help but wonder tho, what Cersie has done with his sister.   

10 hours ago, Rinna said:

I know people who do not believe that she's actually a brunette :-*..

9 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

He suits the name Jon better. 

Looks like the people who called Jon a b****** now have Aegon their faces.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Looks like the people who called Jon a b****** now have Aegon their faces.

haha..that's clever Hats :D..

50 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I hope I live long enough to see season 8...they keep giving out longer and longer estimates of when it will air. :(

I read that many are reporting for filming in October which would match this season's time-frame.   https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/08/when-does-game-of-thrones-season-8-air-how-long-how-many-episodes-who-is-in-it

I haven't had the opportunity to watch the last episode again. And even though I enjoyed where the walkers and the Nights King turned up to conquer. I have to say, that I was somewhat surprised that this massive ice structure (wall) had come down so easily, after the resurrected dragon breathed it's blue iced power onto it. I mean the wall didn't just melt, some parts actually exploded. I wonder what gives, with this dragons new breathing abilities. I also remember someone saying the wall was magic, and the walkers could not easily cross it ?...

Edited by Astra.

• The topic was unpinned