Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

They should have a shocker one where the Dragon woman grabs Cersei's brother they zip down to wipe out blades of all sorts performing the amazing Ceasar trick(mmbore spelling it out, this is named wrong by the way >  Caesarean Section , breaking the flow boo!) and out pops a baby and she has to watch an hour later as her brother is hung on a stick, WITH ARMS HIGH holding premi babe up high just on the tip of the stake hung by its back skin you know and then the dragons burn them.
 Oh I SO WISH I HAD A PICTURE TO SHOW YOU WHAT I MEAN but I'm no artist. [somebody just made about ten million for production on that sentence scene in some new movie in 5 years, your welcome.]

No reply necessary.

Edited by MWoo7

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

Yeah no, doesn't work in this context, because it means we spent seven years watching the wrong characters and their story line was usurped by a character who hasn't had a decent sotryline since season.....4? Also those damn dragons cam from dead, fossilized eggs, at the same time the WW started coming south....apparently purely by coincidence...
Even the show runners said they only made Arya the one to kill the NK because "Jon is always the hero" (gee, I wonder whether that's because he's one of the two central characters?)

This is more like if the Chosen One in the prequel trilogy would have turned out to be Mace Windu all along. Or if it really had been Neville who was the boy that lived in Harry Potter.

Yes, so much more could have been done with that episode.

I was kind of hoping the Night King would slaughter them all except a handful who would have escaped from the crypts to the frozen river. And the Red Witch required to human sacrifice herself to bring back Jon for a 2nd time from his white walker zombie state.

Edited by RabidMongoose

That episode was off the hook. The cgi and production value was top notch. All effects were superb and the dragon action was the best ever portrayed anywhere. My only criticism is the overly competent Night King with lightning quick reflexes gets taken out by an 80 pound girl who stands him in the belly. Otherwise, who cares? The episode was insane.

• Like 2

I still think to liven it up, they should have Jamie Lancaster up on a stick and roasted by the Dragons , then for another religion starter instead of dead guy on a stick/stake((news flash BOOOOOORING) have his sister with gutted baby up on stake, BABY IN HER ARMS, and burned alive for a second religion. Oh all the nutjobs would flip and it would certainly be a lasting memory for everyone and what a topic holder at dinners eh?!?!??!?!!?
Sheeze I should be getting paid for these.
No reply necessary.

Edited by MWoo7

Just a few glaring military blunders I spotted, made by people who should know better:

- Don't attack the enemy before scouting where they are, how many they are and where they are going.

- Don't use your light cavalry in a frontal attack. Light cavalry is for flanking attacks.

- Don't place your best infantry out in the open when you have perfectly good walls and a moat to protect them.

- Don't place you catapults out in the open. Place them securely inside your fortification. Catapults can fire over the walls you know !

- When the enemy stops infront of the moat, DON'T stop shooting at them.

- Man your walls before the enemy attacks them !

- Use the before mentioned catapults and fire arrows to attempt lighting the corpses on fire. You KNOW they can be reanimated if you don't.

- If your forces stay inside the walls you can use your dragons without setting your own troops on fire. It was hard to see clearly, but it looked like Dany and Jon set a lot of their own troops on fire with the dragons. 

- Place your moat alongside the walls. There is a reason why moats in the real world allways are close to the walls...... oh and make it wider, a lot wider ! And deeper. 

- When the enemy is trying to scale the wall, thats when you commit your light cavalry to attack them from behind.

Try to guess if I liked the episode. :innocent:

• Haha 1

Well this wasn't a show on the art of War but I agree that collateral damage via dragon fire must've been huge.

Because I’m not yet willing to give up on the idea that “Arya Stark” is just a mask being worn by a girl, perhaps shanking the Freys was the last thing a girl needed to do before she could let got of being Arya Stark, after all, short of Cersei Arya’s list was pretty much complete.

Littlefinger would have been on a lot of people’s Wishlist for death. As would the Freys.

Spoiler

The God of Death would want someone who can reanimate the dead, therefore not respecting death, well... dead.

And who died, finally, defending a girl? Serial resurrectee Beric Dondarrian.

that leaves two people quite famous for p***ing in Death’s coffee - Daenerys Stormborn, first of her name etc etc and Jon Snow. Two people who wouldn’t think twice about turning their backs on an armed Arya.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

Visually and dramatically stunning - but in military terms, utterly inept .....

I had thought we'd lose a few more of the regular characters (although always thought Sam was the one person who would survive).  I see Cleganebowl is still on  :D

As for the PTWP prophecy - the whole point of prophecies in ASOIAF is to show how belief in them affects people's actions.  Even though they are complete nonsense. The red comet being a classic example, with different people interpreting and reacting to it in completely different ways.  When all it was was a comet ....     So, belief in the PTWP/Azor Ahai significantly affected the actions of people like Rhaegar and Melisandre, for good or bad.  But there never is/was/will be any such person.    IMO, anyway ;)

Edited by Essan

10 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Just a few glaring military blunders I spotted, made by people who should know better:

- Don't attack the enemy before scouting where they are, how many they are and where they are going.

- Don't use your light cavalry in a frontal attack. Light cavalry is for flanking attacks.

- Don't place your best infantry out in the open when you have perfectly good walls and a moat to protect them.

- Don't place you catapults out in the open. Place them securely inside your fortification. Catapults can fire over the walls you know !

- When the enemy stops infront of the moat, DON'T stop shooting at them.

- Man your walls before the enemy attacks them !

- Use the before mentioned catapults and fire arrows to attempt lighting the corpses on fire. You KNOW they can be reanimated if you don't.

- If your forces stay inside the walls you can use your dragons without setting your own troops on fire. It was hard to see clearly, but it looked like Dany and Jon set a lot of their own troops on fire with the dragons. 

- Place your moat alongside the walls. There is a reason why moats in the real world allways are close to the walls...... oh and make it wider, a lot wider ! And deeper. 

- When the enemy is trying to scale the wall, thats when you commit your light cavalry to attack them from behind.

Try to guess if I liked the episode. :innocent:

Even I scratched my head at the catapults being out front and the troops not bunkering down inside the fortress.

Mind you, you have good eyesight. I have almost no idea what happened the first 30 minutes and struggled to hear anything too even with the volume turned right up. That episode was poor. It was hyped up as something special but in reality it was too dark to see anything for the first 30 minutes, it was too quiet, the plotline was a let down compared to what it could have been, and after building to this moment over eight seasons having Arya kill the Night King was laughable. Yes, it was so lame it made me laugh. I am disappointed with that episode, I expect more from GOT given their track record.

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Even I scratched my head at the catapults being out front and the troops not bunkering down inside the fortress.

Mind you, you have good eyesight. I have almost no idea what happened the first 30 minutes and struggled to hear anything too even with the volume turned right up. That episode was poor. It was hyped up as something special but in reality it was too dark to see anything for the first 30 minutes, it was too quiet, the plotline was a let down compared to what it could have been, and after building to this moment over eight seasons having Arya kill the Night King was laughable. Yes, it was so lame it made me laugh. I am disappointed with that episode, I expect more from GOT given their track record.

I was disappointed by Arya being the one to take him down too. I would've been ok had it been her in the end, but I really wanted to see more out of him and maybe a good fight between him and Jon. I felt like that's what had been built up for so long that I just felt...deflated after and not in a good way. It might be the first time I've been disappointed in a direction the show has taken.

I thought Arya taking out the Night King made sense finally gave a purpose to her whole Faceless Men storyline - and as I have seen elsewhere, even suggests that maybe that was what Haqen and the Faceless Men had in mind all along (the Night King resurrects the dead, thus denying Death, and therefore is the sworn enemy of the FM.  Thus, the FM train an assassin to take him out). 

Whether that's quite how things will work out in the books (where there is currently no equivalent to the Night King) remains to be seen! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, F3SS said:

Well this wasn't a show on the art of War but I agree that collateral damage via dragon fire must've been huge.

I know its not supposed to be a realistic representation on the art of war, but some of the decisions were just stupid. To me this was essentially just another zombie movie amd I never really liked zombie movies.

4 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I was disappointed by Arya being the one to take him down too. I would've been ok had it been her in the end, but I really wanted to see more out of him and maybe a good fight between him and Jon. I felt like that's what had been built up for so long that I just felt...deflated after and not in a good way. It might be the first time I've been disappointed in a direction the show has taken.

As I understand it they had Arya kill the Nights King because having Jon do it was too predictable. To me the most dissapointing aspect was probably that Bran did absolutely nothing of any value. The big confrotation between him and the Night King was nothing more than a starring contest. :no:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I know its not supposed to be a realistic representation on the art of war, but some of the decisions were just stupid. To me this was essentially just another zombie movie amd I never really liked zombie movies.

As I understand it they had Arya kill the Nights King because having Jon do it was too predictable. To me the most dissapointing aspect was probably that Bran did absolutely nothing of any value. The big confrotation between him and the Night King was nothing more than a starring contest. :no:

And it felt that was the only reason they did it. From a storytelling standpoint that's dangerous territory to tread. Doing something just for the sake of being "unpredictable" can make a show lose it's luster pretty quickly. There's nothing wrong with predictability if the story you've chosen to tell is a good one. 

I'm afraid Bran's role is over and done with now. That he's going to hang back in Winterfell while everyone else marches off to deal with Cersei and all of the mythology and questions that have been built up around him will just fall by the wayside.

I love this show, but I feel like it's having trouble deciding what it wants to be. The magic and mystical parts just seem out of place at times. There are long periods that stretch over several episodes where I forget that magic spells, warging, snow zombies, dragons and magic swords and rocks are even a thing that exists within the world. I honestly think it would be better if that stuff wasn't in there.

36 minutes ago, Essan said:

I thought Arya taking out the Night King made sense finally gave a purpose to her whole Faceless Men storyline - and as I have seen elsewhere, even suggests that maybe that was what Haqen and the Faceless Men had in mind all along (the Night King resurrects the dead, thus denying Death, and therefore is the sworn enemy of the FM.  Thus, the FM train an assassin to take him out). 

Whether that's quite how things will work out in the books (where there is currently no equivalent to the Night King) remains to be seen! 

Maybe a duel between the Night King and Jon Snow. Jon Snow getting utterly crushed, about to be beheaded, and then Arya slipping the knife in to save him. That would have been more acceptable. Even more acceptable than that would have been the Night King turning Jon Snow into a white walker instead of beheading him. Then the last bit of magic from the red witch being her sacrifice to get him back or something.

There are 4 leadership approaches:

Classical Approach - The leader acts strong, thinks they know best, makes all the decisions, and believes they are great or special.

Evolutionary Approach - The leader is more intellectual. They analyse and assess to find the best or most efficient way of doing things.

Processual Approach  - The leader plays politics to get people to follow them instead of doing the right thing or doing what is best.

Systemic Approach - The leader always does the morally right thing.

Cersei has the Evolutionary and Processual Approach - That means she falls down when expecting people to follow her for being a great leader and when it comes to doing the morally right thing.

Jon Snow has the Classical Approach and Systemic Approach - That means he falls down (or gets knifed) by neglecting the politics of those he tries to lead instead of giving them what they want, and he isn't the brightest so makes bad decisions.

Sansa & Arya - Are just the systemic Approach.

Tyrion - Has the Evolutionary, Processual, and Systemic Approaches - People wont follow him as a great leader though because he is a dwarf.

Dragon Queen - Has the Classical, Evolutionary, Processual and Systemic Approach - My prediction for the shows winner.

I expect Cersei to be defeated and then for the Dragon Queen to turn on Jon Snow.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:22 PM, RabidMongoose said:

Maybe a duel between the Night King and Jon Snow. Jon Snow getting utterly crushed, about to be beheaded, and then Arya slipping the knife in to save him. That would have been more acceptable. Even more acceptable than that would have been the Night King turning Jon Snow into a white walker instead of beheading him. Then the last bit of magic from the red witch being her sacrifice to get him back or something.

well you nailed the part about, Arya. but didn't you think that after 8 years of hearing and watching the slow and methodical march of the Night King and his army of undead dominate a large portion of the story line that the battle was sorta anti-climatic? don't get me wrong, i thought the battle was amazing but wouldn't it have been easier for Arya to just have shown up for the battle and saved the rest of the army for Cerise? lol.  

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

well you nailed the part about, Arya. but didn't you think that after 8 years of hearing and watching the slow and methodical march of the Night King and his army of undead dominate a large portion of the story line that the battle was sorta anti-climatic? don't get me wrong, i thought the battle was amazing but wouldn't it have been easier for Arya to just have shown up for the battle and saved the rest of the army for Cerise? lol.  

Yes, thats what I have been saying.

What was the point of the last 8 years only to have Arya knife him in the stomach? I expected plot twists and turns about the Night King but in the end his demise was poor. What was the point of the Red Witch? To set a few things on fire and tell Arya to knife him? That was poor.

I suspect the problem is the new book hasn't been written yet and the director lacked the imagination to come up with the kind of story plots we have come to expect from GOT. Maybe he is also the kind of director that cannot accept feedback from people? I say that because the quality of the filming in the first 30 minutes was poor and he blamed it on peoples televisions lol.

• Like 1

I don't care for all the hate this episode has been getting. I freaking loved it and can't wait to see where the last 3 episodes take us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I don't care for all the hate this episode has been getting. I freaking loved it and can't wait to see where the last 3 episodes take us.

Arya got touched by the Night King before he died.

I wonder if that means anything?

46 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Arya got touched by the Night King before he died.

I wonder if that means anything?

She wasn't turned so I doubt it will mean anything. Even if he had turned her, she killed him which means she should have died like everything else he had turned.

I have another prediction. Dany will send Arya on a mission to assassinate Cersie, but Arya will be caught then killed by the Mountain, setting up Cleganebowl. I just don't have faith that the writers will give her a happy ending now that she is the hero. They'll kill her just to **** with us.

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

She wasn't turned so I doubt it will mean anything. Even if he had turned her, she killed him which means she should have died like everything else he had turned.

I have another prediction. Dany will send Arya on a mission to assassinate Cersie, but Arya will be caught then killed by the Mountain, setting up Cleganebowl. I just don't have faith that the writers will give her a happy ending now that she is the hero. They'll kill her just to **** with us.

i don't think the mountain has any special skills other than brute force to counter Arya. Maybe it might not be that easy for Arya to just kill Cerise especially since her fame for killing the Night King must surely have reached Cerise in time to prepare. maybe she'll employ Jaqen H'ghar to protect her OR possibly use Jaqen and his minions to kill Arya and the Dragon Queen. Tit for Tat.  

9 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Yes, thats what I have been saying.

What was the point of the last 8 years only to have Arya knife him in the stomach? I expected plot twists and turns about the Night King but in the end his demise was poor. What was the point of the Red Witch? To set a few things on fire and tell Arya to knife him? That was poor.

I suspect the problem is the new book hasn't been written yet and the director lacked the imagination to come up with the kind of story plots we have come to expect from GOT. Maybe he is also the kind of director that cannot accept feedback from people? I say that because the quality of the filming in the first 30 minutes was poor and he blamed it on peoples televisions lol.

ending the series in just this seasons 6 episodes is just too short a time frame, i think. 

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

don't think the mountain has any special skills other than brute force to counter Arya.

Apart from being undead and essentially pretty much invincible? :D

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Apart from being undead and essentially pretty much invincible? :D

yeah i dint think of that. you really can't kill something thats already dead. hang-on isn't that what the iron born say? 

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned