Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

I think Arya killing the night king was ok,he wasn't going to be taken out in a fair fight.A sneaky knife through the ribs by an underestimated assailant was apt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, openozy said:

I think Arya killing the night king was ok,he wasn't going to be taken out in a fair fight.A sneaky knife through the ribs by an underestimated assailant was apt.

Being too cocky is the only reasonable explanation imo. Otherwise it wasn't sneaky at all. NK is incredibly competent and has lightning quick reflexes as exampled 2 seconds earlier when he practically sense the super sneaky assassin run up behind and turns a 180 like the Flash to snatch her up by the neck. Surely he'd have been able to do something about the knife in as quick of a time.

Edit: I'm not hating though. I loved it. Writing this stuff can't be easy

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

Well Arya did yell as she jumped through the air. So super sneat is debatable.

• Like 1

On 3.5.2019 at 3:25 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

I don't care for all the hate this episode has been getting. I freaking loved it and can't wait to see where the last 3 episodes take us.

I wouldn't say that I hated the episode. Its probably more accurate to say that I was dissapointed. 

• Like 1

A little quote from one of the creators that is feeding into my suspicion that Qyburn will turn Cersie into a new Night Queen:

He questioned: “A couple of questions — I don’t know if you’ll be able to answer them. Are we for sure done with the White Walkers?”

The two share a looked before David replied: ”We’re not gonna answer that.”

Might be nothing, might be something. It'd be sick if they did it though.

• Like 2

I've thought there was some connection between the Hunger games and Game of thrones. Then I finally saw the Hunger games and realized it is just a long boring movie.

Okay, here we go, SWoH’s mad finale speculation time:

its fairly well known that one of rhe inspirations for the series was the War Of The Roses in England - warring families all with a claim to the throne etc etc.

thst ends with the formerly exiled child of one of the claimants seizing the throne after a huge battle. So, basically, either Gendry or Dany.

...BUT...

There are also facets of the Tudor’s in the tale, Cersei is basically Queen Elizabeth the first with more children. 

So how does that dynasty end? She dies, possibly by poison and her nephew becomes king. Her nephew from the north who was the legitimate king of Scotland and who had ruled (with advisors) since he was eight. A lord from the north who ruled from a young age? Lyanna Mormont would have fitted. As would Bran. Neither of those can conceivable take the throne now. But the other things about King James? As far as Elizabeth was concerned, he was a b******, but then even Elizabeth at one point was deemed a b******. James was related to the royal family.... and Enter stage left, Jon Snow. 

Except ... there’s one little landmine waiting in history for the Stuart dynasty (Of which James was primogenitor). Oliver “I hate Christmas” Cromwell.

Cromwell “broke the wheel” (and there’s a reason I use that phrase) of the royal power because of their corruption and wastefulness. A regime that literally emptied the coffers of England and ended up selling lordships in order to raise money **coughPetyrBalishcoughcough** 

Dany once swore she wasn’t going to let the wheel continue to turn, from Targaryen to Lannister to Baratheon and so on, she’d break the wheel. The initial assumption is that she meant to place a Targaryen forever on the throne. But what if she’d gone Dothraki by that point and decided that all kings are fools and thrones are meaningless? All this about taking back what is hers is only so she can destroy it. Burn the throne, destroy King’s Landing and rule not because she’s a Targaryen but because she’s got the army.

• Like 2

Sucks. I had all the deaths ruined for me by the internet about 5 hours before the episode started. Really took the suspense and surprise out of them.

• Like 1

3 dragon lead nearly blown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ah fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

This is just getting sillier and sillier. At this point it's just a wild ride to see in what depths of nonsense we can descend before the final credits roll. Hahahahaha :lol:

So who feeds Dany the poison?

Episode 5 - The Dragon Queen conquers Kings Landing killing loads of civilians. As such the 7 Kingdoms turn on her.

Episode 6 - Jon Snow vs the Dragon Queen and Jon Snow ends the winner?

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

If thats how she goes then I predict Sansa lol

• Like 1

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

If thats how she goes then I predict Sansa lol

She's gotten straight scary! Damn now that you say that we dont know why Arya went south do we?

13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

She's gotten straight scary! Damn now that you say that we dont know why Arya went south do we?

The mountain is down their too.

• Like 1

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

The mountain is down their too.

Cersei too, there are a bunch of reasons for her going south for sure, reading your post it just hit me that they didnt actually say why she was going and after watching her act as Sansa's "hand" it makes me go hmmmmm

i can't believe they killed another dragon. 

• Like 1

I think Dany or Jon will be captured and burned, only to survive due to their Targ blood and then be rescued by the other. 

Then they have their conflict.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

The Death-Pixie, who else?

• Like 1

In the trailers Jon Snow is seem meeting Cersei.

So I think they ally next episode, the Dragon Queen burns Kings Landing to the ground, then who knows what.

Oh my God. These writers as so shockingly awful, I hope they never get another job in TV again. Their stated reason for Dany taking the fleet instead of heading with Jon was that Dany forgot about Euron's fleet. Everyone forgot about a fleet of ships that have come out of nowhere like 3 times to destroy their forces. Euron is by far the worst written and cast character in the show but these writers have been trying their hardest to make everyone terrible and stupid ever since they departed from the books.

And I can't believe they didn't show the reaction of Arya and Sansa when told about Jon's lineage. That is such a kick in the nuts after 10 years of waiting that it's basically unforgivable to me. They just cut away from the reveal, then did the same thing with Tyrion. 

Some parts of the episode were good but the writing since they departed from the books has been, without exception, the worst I've ever seen from an HBO show. And I've seen all the high quality HBO programming.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

And I can't believe they didn't show the reaction of Arya and Sansa when told about Jon's lineage. That is such a kick in the nuts after 10 years of waiting that it's basically unforgivable to me. They just cut away from the reveal, then did the same thing with Tyrion. 

Im hoping that was intentional. That seems like the kind of scene that gets flashed back on to add context after a shocking twist happens. 

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im hoping that was intentional. That seems like the kind of scene that gets flashed back on to add context after a shocking twist happens. 

I wish I had the faith you do. I simply don't think the writers have a clue what they're doing.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Oh my God. These writers as so shockingly awful, I hope they never get another job in TV again. Their stated reason for Dany taking the fleet instead of heading with Jon was that Dany forgot about Euron's fleet. Everyone forgot about a fleet of ships that have come out of nowhere like 3 times to destroy their forces. Euron is by far the worst written and cast character in the show but these writers have been trying their hardest to make everyone terrible and stupid ever since they departed from the books.

Some parts of the episode were good but the writing since they departed from the books has been, without exception, the worst I've ever seen from an HBO show. And I've seen all the high quality HBO programming.

I think without the books being written to cover season 8 the real problem is a lack of imagination by the directors. They cannot write decent scripts with the intricate plots and twists we have come to expect. We are 4 episodes in and there have been no wtf moments where the wrong people die. Its like the good guys/gals have taken over this season.

Why can I already tell Jon Snow wins? Thats poor. And what about the previous 7 seasons worth of plot building with which 95% has been wasted or a let down? Oh well, at least the director learned how to use lighting correctly for this latest episode.

• Like 1

I think the most "setting things up the finale" scene was Varys, who knew the Mad King personally, calling Dany's fitness to rule into question.

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned