Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

13 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Just an observation but wouldn't Jaymie Lannister have been better off with a knife or short sword in place of that silly golden hand. 

I always thought he missed a trick not wearing heavier armour on that side and using the arm as a combined shield club arrangement.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2016 at 2:06 PM, F3SS said:

I think the better thing to do is simply avoid the thread until you're caught up with the show.

I guess I'd better wait, at this point, and just buy the series and watch it from the beginning.  That's how I watched LOST and Band of Brothers... Apparently, "old fartdom" slipped upon me unawares.

12 minutes ago, and then said:

I guess I'd better wait, at this point, and just buy the series and watch it from the beginning.  That's how I watched LOST and Band of Brothers... Apparently, "old fartdom" slipped upon me unawares.

Thinking here when the heck did I post this only to see a 3 year old time stamp. You certainly are behind :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I always thought he missed a trick not wearing heavier armour on that side and using the arm as a combined shield club arrangement.

I thought the fight scene between Jamie and Euron was pretty intense last week. I was amazed though in how Jamie was able to walk away rather unscathed after Euron pieced him right through with the blade. I also can't help wondering in whether Cersei and Jamie will somehow crawl out from the ashes and rock...or are they really dead. 

I'm a sucker for a happy ending in fantasy.

• Like 1

Well, from my previous post I got my answer as far as Jamie and his sister were concerned. I was actually hoping for more in the last ep. It's now quickly forgotten. 

It was alright I guess. I never expected a happy ending and I had a whole different image in my head for how this would end but it was good enough. 

50 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I'm a sucker for a happy ending in fantasy.

I'm not mad at the ending.

• Like 1

"The world must learn of our peaceful ways...by force!"

Pretty neat Evil Empire vibes with that speech to the troops early in the episode.  That big red Targ banner with the dragon roaring on the other side.

I thought they wrapped it up pretty well.

I just wish I could say they wrapped it up really well!

• Like 1

Granted I've basically watched clips since season 5 but the ending seemed a poor payoff after a really long lead up. I've watched some in depth histories of the line of Kings previous and all that's lead up and how it ended seemed very out of character for Westeros. It felt like they gave it a Lord of the Rings finish rather than let Dany rule Mad or otherwise. Jeoffrey was worse and he ruled longer really? Even Cersei. For Jon to do what he did seemed over the top comparatively, ok yes she burned down Kings Landing but that was on Cersei. 

• Like 1

Peter Dinklage absolutely killed it last night. First with the scene with his siblings, then the scene with Jon, then when he was summoned to the lords. Not to mention his reaction when left out of the book. So glad he finally had something substantial to work with. Phenomenal actor.

Anyone else looking forward to the Long Night prequel? The casting so far looks great, and with it being HBO without D&D writing without source material I have high hopes.

Until then all we have is The Lord of the Rings prequel on Amazon, The Wheel of Time on Amazon and The Witcher on Netflix to get us by :D What a time to be a fan of the fantasy genre.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darkmoonlady said:

ok yes she burned down Kings Landing but that was on Cersei. 

Cersie's forces had surrendered and Dany had King's Landing. If Dany really wanted Cersie she could have just destroyed the Red Keep. When she spent an afternoon doing nothing but laying dragonfire all over terrified and running citizens, laying waste to the city as systematically as someone mows their lawn, it's kinda hard to put that on Cersie. 

I agree though that they would have been better with a full season to properly display her descent to madness and her tyrannical rule. 

• Like 1

Did they close the show in a way it can be re-opened later?

Arya going off West and the Dragon taking the Queens body east?

7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Cersie's forces had surrendered and Dany had King's Landing. If Dany really wanted Cersie she could have just destroyed the Red Keep. When she spent an afternoon doing nothing but laying dragonfire all over terrified and running citizens, laying waste to the city as systematically as someone mows their lawn, it's kinda hard to put that on Cersie. 

I agree though that they would have been better with a full season to properly display her descent to madness and her tyrannical rule. 

I feel like once Cersei beheaded Missandei that no matter what Kings Landing was toast. Wasn't their fault but again Cersei blew up the Sept of Baelor and took out a big swath of the city and just kept going while Dany gets taken down? Like you said I'd rather have seen her rule and deal with the consequences of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Did they close the show in a way it can be re-opened later?

Arya going off West and the Dragon taking the Queens body east?

I felt the only spinoff that might happen with the same characters would be Arya returning from lands to the West, with the people she encountered hell-bent on invading Westeros. Maybe season 1 has Arya in the West and a catch-up with those in Westeros before she returns with a warning. That was the only door that was left open that I could see. Other than that, all the other stories seemed to be tied off with a bow.

Doubt any sequel will happen though. At least not for a very long time. 

29 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I felt the only spinoff that might happen with the same characters would be Arya returning from lands to the West, with the people she encountered hell-bent on invading Westeros. Maybe season 1 has Arya in the West and a catch-up with those in Westeros before she returns with a warning. That was the only door that was left open that I could see. Other than that, all the other stories seemed to be tied off with a bow.

Doubt any sequel will happen though. At least not for a very long time. 

The dragon carting off the body of the Queen somewhere where it gets resurrected. 

Some unknown land with other dragons and witches etc.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

The dragon carting off the body of the Queen somewhere where it gets resurrected. 

Yeah, just read that theory. Might have taken her to a Red Priestess or something, so maybe that door is open as well. Unlikely, considering the Lord of Light was only bringing people back to fight the Night King, but possible.

I'm not too interested in seeing more of this story, at least for a good few years. I'd rather see new characters and histories.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

All I want now is "the winds of winter". 

I don't like that Jons story was essentially for nothing. Him being the son of Rhaegar was pretty much irrelevant in the end.

I did however like that Sansa became queen. Turns out she was right not to trust Danny. Afterall she had quite a lot  of experience dealing with crazy people. (Cersei, Joffrey, Littlefinger, Ramsey etc)

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy

...hang on, i thought Jon Snow was condemned to be the new Nights Watch captain. Why was he riding north with the wildlings?  

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

...hang on, i thought Jon Snow was condemned to be the new Nights Watch captain. Why was he riding north with the wildlings?  

In my story he abandoned the Nights Watch because he knows it's no longer needed and took his rightful place as a wildling. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Actually if you think about it Dany spends death with a dragon and Jon a frozen life with a dire wolf. 

You have to give it up to the special xf team this season. Their dragon work was spectacular this along with everything else they did. They pulled no punches and I've reconsidered why the second dragon was killed off so haphazardly. There was no good time to do it and it had to be done for the sake of the budget but overall they really delivered.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

• The topic was unpinned