Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

21 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

All I want now is "the winds of winter". 

I don't like that Jons story was essentially for nothing. Him being the son of Rhaegar was pretty much irrelevant in the end.

I did however like that Sansa became queen. Turns out she was right not to trust Danny. Afterall she had quite a lot  of experience dealing with crazy people. (Cersei, Joffrey, Littlefinger, Ramsey etc)

I wanted Sansa to die. She started this whole mess by telling Joffrey about Ned's decision to send his children back home for their safety. Then she told Tyrion who Jon's real parents were, even though he swore her to silence.

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

The end stunk! when the dragon queen was killed :)

So they should just let her get away with killing tens of thousands of innocent people and burning a city that had surrendered ? :wacko:

2 hours ago, Bama13 said:

I wanted Sansa to die. She started this whole mess by telling Joffrey about Ned's decision to send his children back home for their safety. Then she told Tyrion who Jon's real parents were, even though he swore her to silence.

She certainly started out as a very naive and stupid girl, but she learned from her mistakes. As for telling who Jons parents were, she did it because she thought he would be the better ruler. She was right about that.

I guess we all have different opinions on whether she was justified in doing it. One of G. R.R. Martin's hallmarks is that his characters are complicated and not just plain heroic or evil.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

My life feels so empty now...

It's gonna be alright man but I really do feel like the future of tv is going to be boring. It probably won't be but I can't imagine another show consuming so much of our lives again. The conversations, debates, the theories. It really was everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Danny broke the wheel so they made sure the new king had two........

I'll show myself out.

• Haha 4

The ending of GoT was very hamfisted.  HBO has a long history of screwing up endings.

20 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

The ending of GoT was very hamfisted.  HBO has a long history of screwing up endings.

Which endings?

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Which endings?

For starters,,,,we waited for the ending for a ridiculous amount of time.

It could have been better as far as I am concerned. It was the BS ending watching Jon Snow (weak roll IMO he had played for the last few eps).....as in heading North (for one example) with the Wildings (err! what for?).... when he probably should have been burnt alive by Drogon for killing his mother which he had deserved. (In fact, the dude had more lives than a cat)

And whats with  Arya heading East on some ship?.....well, we'll never know will we ?

Nope, there were so many holes and gaps in the story line  (as in it's ending) we will never know. Basically, it was a HUGE disappointment.

In fact 'CRAP' ending jumps to mind. 

Edited by Astra.
  • Thanks 1

I believe he was always happiest way up north. The dragon can't/wouldn't burn him, he's targaryean. She was heading west. That was always the great unknown way back.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Astra. said:

For starters,,,,we waited for the ending for a ridiculous amount of time.

It could have been better as far as I am concerned. It was the BS ending watching Jon Snow (weak roll IMO he had played for the last few eps).....as in heading North (for one example) with the Wildings (err! what for?).... when he probably should have been burnt alive by Drogon for killing his mother which he had deserved. (In fact, the dude had more lives than a cat)

And whats with  Arya heading East on some ship?.....well, we'll never know will we ?

Nope, there were so many holes and gaps in the story line  (as in it's ending) we will never know. Basically, it was a HUGE disappointment.

In fact 'CRAP' ending jumps to mind. 

I didn't mind the ending. Apart from the Council, which I thought was pretty great, and Dany being killed, which was an incredible scene and completely justified, the rest I didn't absolutely love, but also didn't hate (liked, even). Not hating the end was the best I was daring to hope for so it worked out well for me. The point of the endings for many of the characters was that they were deliberately open-ended so you can imagine their futures.

However, I was asking about the endings of other HBO shows in my reply to Alchopwn, not GoT. I honestly can't think of a bad ending for any HBO shows. Even The Sopranos ended well, though a lot of people didn't think so at the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

I believe he was always happiest way up north.

Well, there were no white walkers left to kill. I wonder what he'd find to do ?...maybe knit scarves and keep the camp fires burning.

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

The dragon can't/wouldn't burn him, he's targaryean. 

Nope, the dragon should have fried him. 

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I didn't mind the ending. Apart from the Council, which I thought was pretty great, and Dany being killed, which was an incredible scene and completely justified, the rest I didn't absolutely love, but also didn't hate (liked, even). Not hating the end was the best I was daring to hope for so it worked out well for me. The point of the endings for many of the characters was that they were deliberately open-ended so you can imagine their futures.

However, I was asking about the endings of other HBO shows in my reply to Alchopwn, not GoT. I honestly can't think of a bad ending for any HBO shows. Even The Sopranos ended well, though a lot of people didn't think so at the time.

Well, I appreciate your view. But after all that they had gone through in the series, its rather difficult to imagine them having normal, simple and adjustable lives. :D...

On 5/21/2019 at 9:11 PM, docyabut2 said:

The end stunk! when the dragon queen was killed :)

I actually thought it may have been the other way around, But Jon being Jon...he probably would have bounced back to life again. I have to say, that I was pretty sad when he plunged the knife into her heart. She certainly did not see that coming.

5 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

I'll say it: show ended up in the crap (literlaly, whatever). Period.

Yep, it was wrapped up quickly. This one dies, that one dies, over and out....adios amigo...goodbye. 

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

John Snow havin' sex with dragon would've more sence than ..... Seriously, I don't have line for it....

3 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Yep, it was wrapped up quickly. This one dies, that one dies, over and out....adios amigo...goodbye. 

Bye, amigo.... slowly manages to the sewer pit... thats it, gone....

2 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

John Snow havin' sex with dragon would've 'made' more sence than ....

Well, that's a first. I never thought about that. I'm sure it would be rather difficult though. Indeed, perish the thought. 

1 minute ago, Astra. said:

Well, that's a first. I never thought about that. I'm sure it would be rather difficult though. Indeed, perish the thought. 

Difficult?... guess.

Just now, bmk1245 said:

Difficult?... guess.

No, I'd rather not. Jon would come out second for sure. 

Just now, Astra. said:

No, I'd rather not. Jon would come out second for sure. 

Ok, hone,  thats for you 

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

Well, there were no white walkers left to kill. I wonder what he'd find to do ?...maybe knit scarves and keep the camp fires burning.

Nope, the dragon should have fried him. 

Just live and not be pestered and burdened with a destiny he didn't want.

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

Well, I appreciate your view. But after all that they had gone through in the series, its rather difficult to imagine them having normal, simple and adjustable lives. :D...

I've always been amazed at the lack of PTSD given what they've been through. Dragons and an army of zombies from hell yet the barley wince once the fight is over.

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

I thought it was a decent ending for them all.

• Davos becomes Master of Ships
  • Tyrion becomes Hand
  • Sam becomes a Maester 
  • Bran becomes King (which I'm not excited about but don't mind)
  • Sansa becomes a Queen
  • Arya lets go of her murderous past and infatuation with death to go on a grand adventure
  • Jon, in a bittersweet moment, gets sentenced to the Nightswatch only to leave with the Willing, after telling Tormond earlier in the season that he'd like nothing more than to live Beyond the Wall with them

What would you have rather happened to each of the above? For me, they all got pretty good and deserved endings, with us left being sad for Jon.

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I thought it was a decent ending for them all.

• Davos becomes Master of Ships
  • Tyrion becomes Hand
  • Sam becomes a Maester 
  • Bran becomes King (which I'm not excited about but don't mind)
  • Sansa becomes a Queen
  • Arya lets go of her murderous past and infatuation with death to go on a grand adventure
  • Jon, in a bittersweet moment, gets sentenced to the Nightswatch only to leave with the Willing, after telling Tormond earlier in the season that he'd like nothing more than to live Beyond the Wall with them

What would you have rather happened to each of the above? For me, they all got pretty good and deserved endings, with us left being sad for Jon.

Jon Snow captured by the Night King, only for him to find out he is related.

Then they join forces to slaughter the rest.

Edited by RabidMongoose

• The topic was unpinned