Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

I've watched every episode so far, (Wow, pretty sure I've never said that before!) and just started reading the books a few weeks ago. Almost done the first one. As much as I love the shows, I always find in every case of reading a book first, I'm always disappointed somehow with the movie (show in this case) So for me at least, by watching first and reading after I'm not losing anything only gaining. Plus, I have a better time remembering the characters because I can picture them better.

• 4 weeks later...

It's killing me waiting for the 3rd season to come out on DVD.

15 days and counting!

Season 4 premiers on April 6th..... :clap:

April 6th!?!?! That sucks, there is nothing on after the Superball is over.

April 6th!?!?! That sucks, there is nothing on after the Superball is over.

I know, I don't know why they are waiting so long. The only thing I can think of is post-production.

I'm looking on-line right now at the books......I may take the plunge and buy a set.

I know, I don't know why they are waiting so long. The only thing I can think of is post-production.

I'm looking on-line right now at the books......I may take the plunge and buy a set.

A Song of Ice and Fire is the number one reason to buy a Kindle, trust me. I bought the first book then the second and then a Kindle. :tsu:

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Season 3 comes out on DVD and Blu Ray next week, but I have a question, will the blu ray version have more behind the scenes stuff?

Just opened my brand new copy of Season three. I have a friend coming over Thursday (with a bottle of wine, to ease the pain; his words not mine) to watch the red wedding episode with me.

Bed time is around 9, and then I can get started.

:clap:

Just opened my brand new copy of Season three. I have a friend coming over Thursday (with a bottle of wine, to ease the pain; his words not mine) to watch the red wedding episode with me.

Bed time is around 9, and then I can get started.

:clap:

Do you know anything, yet, about that episode?

Edited by Merc14

Season 3 comes out on DVD and Blu Ray next week, but I have a question, will the blu ray version have more behind the scenes stuff?

I don't know about different features, but you get to watch it in glorious High Definition if you get Blu-Ray :yes:

I watched the HBO special on Sunday night. It's a 15 minute short that previews some of the new season and has many of the actors talking about various things. It was really good and now has me soooooo excited for April 6th!!!

Do you know anything, yet, about that episode?

All I know is that is was bad enough to warrant reaction videos on youtube, and my buddy that's coming over said it made him tear up the first time he watched it. (And he is not what I'd call an overly-emotional person.)

I'm dreading it, actually. (Please, no spoilers for just another day!!)

Edited by Awake2Chaos

All I know is that is was bad enough to warrant reaction videos on youtube, and my buddy that's coming over said it made him tear up the first time he watched it. (And he is not what I'd call an overly-emotional person.)

I'm dreading it, actually. (Please, no spoilers for just another day!!)

We always cover spoilers here so no worries. Enjoy the episode and this season promises a lot more surprises than last so get caught up and enjoy the ride, it's going to be a wild one.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

So I finished season 3.....

I was sad about the Red Wedding episode, but I knew Rob's marriage was going to come back and haunt him.

Holy S**t was I right, lol.

Edited by Awake2Chaos
  • Like 1

I was talking with a friend of mine who's into the show, and the whole King of the North plot line really didn't add or take away from the story. So I wasn't really surprised.

I'm very excited to see how Daenerys character evolves. And the Stark children.....(I really like Arya)

April 6th is going to take forever, lol.

• 1 month later...

Did I do a boo boo, I watch the first two episodes when it first came out on my free HBO, when I ascribe to a new cable system, then wonder how it all came out, so my one Son said Mom you can go buy all the seasons, so I went and bought them in Blue Ray. Wow what a cost! and watch them but passed around the regular disks in the set to the family,90 year old mom, another son and two daughters who don`nt have blue ray or HBO.Now the next seasons begins I can now watch it because I have HBO but the rest of the family can`nt get it unless they ascribe to HBO,or all come over my house to watch it :):) I know it all out there what happens from the books, but I don't want to know can`nt wait to just watch it again. Hopefully peacefully :) not every body can afford all those stations.

Did I do a boo boo, I watch the first two episodes when it first came out on my free HBO, when I ascribe to a new cable system, then wonder how it all came out, so my one Son said Mom you can go buy all the seasons, so I went and bought them in Blue Ray. Wow what a cost! and watch them but passed around the regular disks in the set to the family,90 year old mom, another son and two daughters who don`nt have blue ray or HBO.Now the next seasons begins I can now watch it because I have HBO but the rest of the family can`nt get it unless they ascribe to HBO,or all come over my house to watch it :) :) I know it all out there what happens from the books, but I don't want to know can`nt wait to just watch it again. Hopefully peacefully :) not every body can afford all those stations.

I bet Blu-Ray was expensive! I think either NetFlix or Amazon has previous seasons for rent. A Roku is cheap (like $60 US) and streams high def right to your TV http://www.roku.com/ . Since you now have HBO you don't need it though but you family may like it.

As far as spoilers from the books we don't post them here. If someone wants to talk about a spoiler they use the spoiler function like this

Purple wedding for sure this season.

. If you click on that box you'll see a spoiler. Regardless, the series is diverging from the books so it is hard to predict anything but the major events any longer.

Enjoy the season!

I just watched the 30 minute review of last season and the short trailer for the 4th season and having read the books I think this will be the wildest season to date. So many huge things coming, so many main characters getting knocked off and some of the best stories starting like the faceless men and.....

Edited by Merc14

I hope acting will rival that of Vikings cast, particularly Travis fimmel

I bet Blu-Ray was expensive! I think either NetFlix or Amazon has previous seasons for rent. A Roku is cheap (like $60 US) and streams high def right to your TV http://www.roku.com/ . Since you now have HBO you don't need it though but you family may like it.

As far as spoilers from the books we don't post them here. If someone wants to talk about a spoiler they use the spoiler function like this

Purple wedding for sure this season.

. If you click on that box you'll see a spoiler. Regardless, the series is diverging from the books so it is hard to predict anything but the major events any longer.

Enjoy the season!

I could have went to the video store to rent the pass seasons, but Son talk me into buying them in the blue ray, all most 200 dollars, on well I own them now:)

I could have went to the video store to rent the pass seasons, but Son talk me into buying them in the blue ray, all most 200 dollars, on well I own them now:)

Blu-Ray gives you all the background stuff as well though. Make him dig around and get all the inside dope we plebes will never see.

HS, I am so looking forward to Sunday! NFL ends and the wait for TWD is interminable but then the goodness starts rolling in!

Edited by Merc14

On tonight but guess what ! They gave all my family members free HBO they can watch it tonight, most likely to suck them in to buying HBO :)

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned