Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Paranoid Android

Game of Thrones

2,189 posts in this topic

preacherman76
18 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Nope, season 7 only had seven episodes but some were longer to much longer than regular episodes.  Season 8, the final season, will actually have even fewer episodes if all goes as announced.  

Ahh I C.

I just caught up like 3 weeks ago, and every week kept looking for the next one lol.

Just my personal feeling, but they are riding on a gold mine right now, they shouldn't end it. When does the last season start?

preacherman76

Makes me wish I waited another year before getting into it.

Merc14
40 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Ahh I C.

I just caught up like 3 weeks ago, and every week kept looking for the next one lol.

Just my personal feeling, but they are riding on a gold mine right now, they shouldn't end it. When does the last season start?

The best guess is 2019, unfortunately, but I am still hoping for late 2018

Astra.

If anyone's interested, I just stumbled across some info that the Syfy Channel has recently confirmed it will be making a 10 part TV episode, from the adaptation of GRRM's 1980s novella, Nightflyers. Apparently, the series will be launched in July next year. I'm not sure what it will be like, as the theme is based on science fiction horror, and a far cry from GOT. But it might be worth tuning into, especially being one of Martins works. 

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/can-george-rr-martin-do-it-again-his-nightflyers-novella-is-being-turned-into-a-tv-series/news-story/43f4fd3ce680b07d1dcd4669339116ec

ExpandMyMind
On 2017-11-30 at 2:33 AM, Astra. said:

If anyone's interested, I just stumbled across some info that the Syfy Channel has recently confirmed it will be making a 10 part TV episode, from the adaptation of GRRM's 1980s novella, Nightflyers. Apparently, the series will be launched in July next year. I'm not sure what it will be like, as the theme is based on science fiction horror, and a far cry from GOT. But it might be worth tuning into, especially being one of Martins works. 

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/can-george-rr-martin-do-it-again-his-nightflyers-novella-is-being-turned-into-a-tv-series/news-story/43f4fd3ce680b07d1dcd4669339116ec

Syfy have been doing well with their Channel Zero book adaptations, but I'd still rather see book adaptations heading to the big-budget cable networks (like Starz and American Gods). The cable shows have far less (fewer!) constraints, bigger budgets, more adult-oriented material and infinitely better writers. 

• Like 1

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
On 1/12/2017 at 0:21 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

Syfy have been doing well with their Channel Zero book adaptations, but I'd still rather see book adaptations heading to the big-budget cable networks (like Starz and American Gods). The cable shows have far less (fewer!) constraints, bigger budgets, more adult-oriented material and infinitely better writers. 

Are you channeling Stannis ? :P

• Like 3

Merc14
5 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I can't wait to see what Stannis will do in the book.

ExpandMyMind
14 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

game-of-thrones-stannis-fewer.gif

tumblr_inline_oxmohb01b21v4fp6z_500.gif

:ph34r:

ExpandMyMind
8 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I can't wait to see what Stannis will do in the book.

I'm going to go with die.

• Like 1

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
13 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I'm going to go with die.

Probably, but atleast it can't happen like in the TV series, I really hated that. 

I don't see him surviving in the long run, but I believe he still have an important role to play in the books.

Sir Wearer of Hats

He’ll wander around holding his severed head and telling people it’s just a flesh wound.

• Like 1

Dark Howl

Can't wait to see the next episode NEXT YEAR!

Opus Magnus

I've only seen a few episodes, but it was pretty cool.

Saru

Yeah, I know I'm late to the party, but I've finally finished watching all of the existing episodes.

Now I can actually read what everyone has been saying about the series without accidentally seeing spoilers.

The only downside is, now I have to wait months for the final season. :unsure:

• Like 3