Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Paranoid Android

Game of Thrones

2,200 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

preacherman76
18 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Nope, season 7 only had seven episodes but some were longer to much longer than regular episodes.  Season 8, the final season, will actually have even fewer episodes if all goes as announced.  

Ahh I C.

I just caught up like 3 weeks ago, and every week kept looking for the next one lol.

Just my personal feeling, but they are riding on a gold mine right now, they shouldn't end it. When does the last season start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
preacherman76

Makes me wish I waited another year before getting into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
40 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Ahh I C.

I just caught up like 3 weeks ago, and every week kept looking for the next one lol.

Just my personal feeling, but they are riding on a gold mine right now, they shouldn't end it. When does the last season start?

The best guess is 2019, unfortunately, but I am still hoping for late 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.

If anyone's interested, I just stumbled across some info that the Syfy Channel has recently confirmed it will be making a 10 part TV episode, from the adaptation of GRRM's 1980s novella, Nightflyers. Apparently, the series will be launched in July next year. I'm not sure what it will be like, as the theme is based on science fiction horror, and a far cry from GOT. But it might be worth tuning into, especially being one of Martins works. 

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/can-george-rr-martin-do-it-again-his-nightflyers-novella-is-being-turned-into-a-tv-series/news-story/43f4fd3ce680b07d1dcd4669339116ec

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
On 2017-11-30 at 2:33 AM, Astra. said:

If anyone's interested, I just stumbled across some info that the Syfy Channel has recently confirmed it will be making a 10 part TV episode, from the adaptation of GRRM's 1980s novella, Nightflyers. Apparently, the series will be launched in July next year. I'm not sure what it will be like, as the theme is based on science fiction horror, and a far cry from GOT. But it might be worth tuning into, especially being one of Martins works. 

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/can-george-rr-martin-do-it-again-his-nightflyers-novella-is-being-turned-into-a-tv-series/news-story/43f4fd3ce680b07d1dcd4669339116ec

 

 

Syfy have been doing well with their Channel Zero book adaptations, but I'd still rather see book adaptations heading to the big-budget cable networks (like Starz and American Gods). The cable shows have far less (fewer!) constraints, bigger budgets, more adult-oriented material and infinitely better writers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
On 1/12/2017 at 0:21 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

Syfy have been doing well with their Channel Zero book adaptations, but I'd still rather see book adaptations heading to the big-budget cable networks (like Starz and American Gods). The cable shows have far less (fewer!) constraints, bigger budgets, more adult-oriented material and infinitely better writers. 

Are you channeling Stannis ? :P

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
5 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Are you channeling Stannis ? :P

I can't wait to see what Stannis will do in the book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
14 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Are you channeling Stannis ? :P

game-of-thrones-stannis-fewer.gif

tumblr_inline_oxmohb01b21v4fp6z_500.gif

:ph34r:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
8 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I can't wait to see what Stannis will do in the book.

I'm going to go with die.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
13 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I'm going to go with die.

Probably, but atleast it can't happen like in the TV series, I really hated that. 

I don't see him surviving in the long run, but I believe he still have an important role to play in the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

He’ll wander around holding his severed head and telling people it’s just a flesh wound.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark Howl

Can't wait to see the next episode NEXT YEAR!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Opus Magnus

I've only seen a few episodes, but it was pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saru

Yeah, I know I'm late to the party, but I've finally finished watching all of the existing episodes.

Now I can actually read what everyone has been saying about the series without accidentally seeing spoilers.

The only downside is, now I have to wait months for the final season. :unsure:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
On 14/08/2018 at 4:55 AM, Saru said:

The only downside is, now I have to wait months for the final season. :unsure:

Yes, it sucks doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
On 13/08/2018 at 7:55 PM, Saru said:

Yeah, I know I'm late to the party, but I've finally finished watching all of the existing episodes.

Now I can actually read what everyone has been saying about the series without accidentally seeing spoilers.

The only downside is, now I have to wait months for the final season. :unsure:

The obvious solution is to watch it again :D

I always rewatch the previous season a few weeks before the new one is about to start, and have actually rewatched the whole series 4 times or something. Don't think there are many other shows that you can do that with (Breaking Bad, The Wire, maybe a couple of others). There's just so much going on that it's never a chore to watch all over again.

You could also read the books. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saru
40 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Don't think there are many other shows that you can do that with (Breaking Bad, The Wire, maybe a couple of others).

Breaking Bad - excellent show - I've watched it twice now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
On 25/08/2018 at 4:21 PM, Saru said:

Breaking Bad - excellent show - I've watched it twice now.

Have you seen the alternate ending? 

:D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

never seen a single episode, will wait till final season comes out on netflix and will watch the hole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
1 hour ago, aztek said:

never seen a single episode, will wait till final season comes out on netflix and will watch the hole thing.

I could be wrong but I'm not sure I ever see HBO shows on Netflix. That day may never come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, F3SS said:

I could be wrong but I'm not sure I ever see HBO shows on Netflix. That day may never come.

you may be right, but i'm sure i will find a channel that shows it one way or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

Read all the books.  Determined that the author has no idea where he's going.  Got bored.  Can't force myself to watch a TV show based on a book series that feels like a letdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daughter of the Nine Moons

Look what I found at my local LCBO

 

IMG_20181130_170418.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carlos Allende

Well, well, well. WELL. Look what I found --and to discourage gambling, I'm telling you this for entertainment purposes only, and won't tell you what website it's on* (I've even inverted the jpeg so you won't be able to guess from the colour scheme).

image.png.70359f4c415540c56c6681db53c767f0.pngI

...I mean, gambling is a dirty, dirty, dangerous business (I'm obliged to say by the nerdy angel sitting on me shoulder). But _personally, as a reckless sillyboy_ I've put £10 on Ser Davos. Firstly, just because he's my favourite character. Secondly, if he did end up on the Iron Throne, ruling all of Skyrim (or whatever it's called ...'The Seven Kingdoms'?), it would fit with the overall theme of the show, IE non-partisan heroes, people winning out against a stifling class system, everyman soldiers just doing their bit for King and Country. Basically, he's a metaphor for Brexit.

There's also this:

image.png.1f27df7828fdfe4d91b581367f7b271f.png

...well, here's the thing. Have you immediately spotted the bone of contention? Jon Snow. ISN'T THE GUY ALREADY DEAD? 

Beyond that, the odds aren't very special, are they? I guess because the show has always been so bloodthirsty (which is why I now take a broadsword to wedding receptions). I guess the smart money here would be on Wee Man, because, famously, RR Martin has said he's his favourite character --but surely, if that's the case, he'll want to give the guy a dramatic outro, say, a noble self-sacrifice? 

The smarter money still would be to go for someone who's done some villainy in the past, because the show at least has form for bad uns getting their comeuppance _(Palace Dog: 'I'm sorry I ate your face, I thought it was s-s-sausages')_. Therefore, Melisandre, you dirty child-sacrificer ...you're going to win me £2.50.

As I said: Kids, _DO NOT_ gamble. Do not try to figure out what website this is from (although, ironically, Paul 'Thorus' Kaye did once do a TV advert for it).

image.png.6a07eb8f812edf3112384119e491d5fa.png

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind

Personally I think Dani will be a good bet. Jon will die and she'll be left to rule with his child on the way. It matches the bittersweet ending that George said he had planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.