Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Paranoid Android

Game of Thrones

2,437 posts in this topic

RabidMongoose

Come on GOT we want a wtf final episode.

We dont want goody two shows Snow winning. We want an ending that people will still be saying wtf over 20 years from now.

Carlos Allende
2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

We dont want goody two shows Snow winning. We want an ending that people will still be saying wtf over 20 years from now.

The remaining dragon coughs up a giant 'fire' hair-ball which accidentally kills Danyeris, Snow, Wee Man and Sansa. Arya is killed in a duel with Sir Reepacheep from The Chronicles of Narnia. Bran Stark turns the whole of King's Landing into a giant weed den. The final scene is Bran Flakes getting _so_ high that he sees Sean Bean's ghost in the weed smoke, and it's like, 'What goes around comes around, bruh'.

• Haha 1

RabidMongoose
3 minutes ago, Carlos Allende said:

The remaining dragon coughs up a giant 'fire' hair-ball which accidentally kills Danyeris, Snow, Wee Man and Sansa. Arya is killed in a duel with Sir Reepacheep from The Chronicles of Narnia. Bran Stark turns the whole of King's Landing into a giant weed den. The final scene is Bran Flakes getting _so_ high that he sees Sean Bean's ghost in the weed smoke, and it's like, 'What goes around comes around, bruh'.

Must you lower the tone.

And drugs are illegal.

• Haha 1

Robotic Jew
2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I think we will get it. Just not in a good way.

RabidMongoose
8 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I think we will get it. Just not in a good way.

I want a maniacal Queen to put Snow to death lol.

• Haha 1

ExpandMyMind
15 hours ago, F3SS said:

For whom the bell tolls mashup to the battle. Awesome edit.

https://streamable.com/pfy2l?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

I much prefer the AC/DC's Hells Bells one. It feels like they were made to be together.

Merc14
10 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

...or Jon kills Dany and marries Sansa. 

I had never though of that angle  They are first cousins though so not as bad as marrying your aunt or is it?   I'm not smart on that stuff.

Captain Risky
59 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I had never though of that angle  They are first cousins though so not as bad as marrying your aunt or is it?   I'm not smart on that stuff.

Well maybe Ayra Stark still has a role to play. No body really knows. But one thing is sure I don't think that good to a fault Jon Snow will think too well of Dany after killing and burning Kings Landing. 

Sir Wearer of Hats

I’m hoping that that the finale is a historical documentary “filmed” a few hundred years after the fact discussing the “Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know” Lannister family’s rule of Westros, and some of the talking heads are real historians like Susannah Lipscome and Lucy Worsley.

F3SS
1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Well maybe Ayra Stark still has a role to play. No body really knows. But one thing is sure I don't think that good to a fault Jon Snow will think too well of Dany after killing and burning Kings Landing. 

Jon should be furious with anger and guilt. They all said it should be him to lead the way but he convinced them all to follow her lead. I refuse to believe that she did this just to be another mad tyrant. I mean I guess if Jon kills her that's alright. Otherwise she must step down or sacrifice herself. We don't need a happy ending but we do need a righteous one. 

• Like 1

Merc14
Posted (edited)

If you read the books I think you'd have a different impression of Dani.  She was a pretty nasty piece of work who controlled her more violent inclinations with the help of her advisors Missandei, Grey Worm,  Jorah Mormont and Barristan Selmy (I don't think Tyrion has met her yet in the books).

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Robotic Jew
11 hours ago, Merc14 said:

If you read the books I think you'd have a different impression of Dani.  She was a pretty nasty piece of work who controlled her more violent inclinations with the help of her advisors Missandei, Grey Worm,  Jorah Mormont and Barristan Selmy (I don't think Tyrion has met her yet in the books).

I've never read the books and I've assumed this was the direction she was going since like...late season 2 maybe?

I've never understood the love she got from some fans even from the beginning. 

• Like 1

RabidMongoose
Posted (edited)

Final episode plot lines has been leaked.

Spoiler

The Dragon Queen is going to fully join the dark side.

She goes insane (Nero style) and starts executing everybody in Kings Landing who is a threat to her power. It will include the death of Tyrion. Jon Snow leads a revolt and puts her down.

Two endings are filmed - a Democracy emerges in the first, and in the second Bran ends up King. Jon Snow does not end up on the throne but quits the 7 Kingdoms and goes up North.

Edited by RabidMongoose

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
34 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Reveal hidden contents

She goes insane (Nero style) and starts executing everybody in Kings Landing who is a threat to her power. It will include the death of Tyrion. Jon Snow leads a revolt and puts her down.

Two endings are filmed - a Democracy emerges in the first, and in the second Bran ends up King. Jon Snow does not end up on the throne but quits the 7 Kingdoms and goes up North.

If it is indeed a leak why would you want to spread it ? :wacko:

• Like 1

Captain Risky
57 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with the Dutch guy. Why would they spread a leak. 

F3SS

Well I'm out of this thread til next week. Don't know if I can trust everyone to not reveal the hidden content.

• Like 1

Merc14
Posted (edited)

Has anyone else noticed that the only actor who bought the farm last  week but has not tweeted or instagrammed (sp?) a fond farewell is Nicolaj Coster-Waldau?  Hmmmm.  Purely a guess on my part, I know less than Jon Snow in the north with Igrette

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Astra.
On 4/30/2019 at 10:45 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I know its not supposed to be a realistic representation on the art of war, but some of the decisions were just stupid. To me this was essentially just another zombie movie amd I never really liked zombie movies.

As I understand it they had Arya kill the Nights King because having Jon do it was too predictable. To me the most dissapointing aspect was probably that Bran did absolutely nothing of any value. The big confrotation between him and the Night King was nothing more than a starring contest. :no:

I've only just found the time to catch up on the last lot of eps...and I have to agree that it was more like a zombie flick than anything else of true substance. The filming was also very dark in parts, and I had to squint hard at the set to try and figure out who was getting throttled in all of the chaos. Most of the episode was disappointing to say the least. Bran as usual was as boring as hell...and I was hoping that he may have had something else (lets say magical) up his sleeve as to wipe out the Night King rather than Arya coming out of the blue to save the day.

All in all tho, I've enjoyed the other episodes. Lets hope that the last one goes out with a bang. :tu:...

RabidMongoose
1 hour ago, Astra. said:

I've only just found the time to catch up on the last lot of eps...and I have to agree that it was more like a zombie flick than anything else of true substance. The filming was also very dark in parts, and I had to squint hard at the set to try and figure out who was getting throttled in all of the chaos. Most of the episode was disappointing to say the least. Bran as usual was as boring as hell...and I was hoping that he may have had something else (lets say magical) up his sleeve as to wipe out the Night King rather than Arya coming out of the blue to save the day.

All in all tho, I've enjoyed the other episodes. Lets hope that the last one goes out with a bang. :tu:...

I dont know what the director was trying to do in that episode but it didnt work. Visually, the first half of the episode was poor. I cannot believe he blamed peoples televisions either. Its his fault not ours. Secondly they ruined so many plot lines that had been developed over the course of the show. 

Episode 5 is good, I really enjoyed that. Looking back on how things have gone so far its apparent the director is rushing to get the show finished. He isn't laying the ground properly for what happens and a lot of it really needed another two or three seasons.

• Like 1

ExpandMyMind
3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

. Looking back on how things have gone so far its apparent the director is rushing to get the show finished. He isn't laying the ground properly for what happens and a lot of it really needed another two or three seasons.

It's not the director, it's D&D. It's been well reported that they became bored and wanted to move onto other things years ago. George wanted 10 seasons to properly tell the story and HBO offered them the budget for it, but those hacks, not even wanting to do 8 seasons, cut down these last two to 13 episodes. 

They don't have a clue how to write for the screen when not directly adapting the source material. Even then, they completely massacred their first attempt at a pilot. My guess is that after that they brought in some really talented writers to adapt the books properly, basically carrying them, and they've been lost since they started doing their own thing.

The series, since season 6 at least, has been entirely carried by amazing acting by well established characters, along with great battle scenes, music and cinematography. The dialogue and stories have been terrible.

And now they have been given Star Wars. Jesus Christ man.

Kaikou
On 14/05/2019 at 8:19 AM, Essan said:

I think a lot of people hated it because they were expecting a nice fairy-tale ending with evil Cersei defeated and Dany & Jon marrying, sitting on the IT together, with peace throughout the kingdomes and every lived happily ever after.

Well, it was all foreshadowed by a comment from Ramsey Bolton in season 3: " If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention "

I agree. What drew me to Game Of Thrones was the reality that it depicted. It bore no resemblance to the story of life that we like to think of.
For years of movies and TV shows we've been presented with the same story over and over and over again.

I am the hero and I will vanquish the enemy and will triumph because I am good!
The problem with this is that the GOT and ASOIAF universe doesn't really care for this kind of storytelling.

So, you're of a bloodline destined to sit upon a throne? Great, who really gives a ****?

If anything it's much closer to that of the natural world, which we've turned away from.
Think of it like this: A mother buffolo has given birth to young, She's exaused from the birth. She cannot move, can't defend herself or anything else for that matter.
In our modern day stories, this baby might be some kind of "chosen one" it's the underdog that we've always rooted for, the very thing that forces the mother to get back off of the floor and fight back!

However, The reality is, it's nothing more than another creature that exists. It's nothing special, it's nothing beyond the norm.
It's not innocent, it's not without faults. It's food.
It's food for a very hungry lion that doesn't have the same reservations that we do.

The lion either eats the calf or it starves.

That is what game of thrones has always been for me.
Now, can I say that the ending will stay that way?
No, this is still TV and I'm not entirely sure how it will pan out.

• Like 3

F3SS

I too enjoyed the reality of it. Especially the dragons, wizardry and the supernatural dead men made of ice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Captain Risky

Just an observation but wouldn't Jaymie Lannister have been better off with a knife or short sword in place of that silly golden hand. 

ExpandMyMind
2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Just an observation but wouldn't Jaymie Lannister have been better off with a knife or short sword in place of that silly golden hand. 

He probably hadn't gotten used to accidentally using that hand to scratch his face. 

• Haha 1