Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Link of Hyrule

54 minutes ago, The Narcisse said:

Not even HBO and Game of Thrones would show a woman murdering her newborn child.

They showed a mother burning her daughter alive at a stake so.....

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Aww man, that was awesome. My cousin also watched the episode so I managed to get all my spoiler temptation out of my system. You guys are gonna go wild for this episode. So completely unlike last week's "filler" episode.

I just read that as fast as HBO takes the links down new one goes up and now it is on torrent so probably no longer containable.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I just read that as fast as HBO takes the links down new one goes up and now it is on torrent so probably no longer containable.  

Yeah, it's been a torrent since at least 2pm here but it's also been on streaming sites for just as long and they're just as hard to contain.

Merc, you're going to love this episode. The penultimate episode is always the one they spend most of the budget on (big battles and stuff). This episode has made me realise that the reason this season and next aren't 10 episodes has nothing to do with storytelling. They simply don't have the budget for full seasons when there's this much action.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Narcisse said:

Not even HBO and Game of Thrones would show a woman murdering her newborn child.

They wouldn't have to show it, just imply it.

All things considered, I doubt Cersei will even live to have the child. I have a feeling lots of characters are going to die fairly soon.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Holy ****! I'll say one thing about the episode and one thing only: this thread is going to EXPLODE on Monday.

I'm going to have to watch the episode at least another 3 times. 

Wow, well I'll take your word for it EMM. You were certainly right about the Spoils of War episode.

Funny, after that riveting hour.. I thought the one after that was a bit mediocre. But of course we need those less exciting interludes to make way for what's to follow :yes:..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Astra. said:

Wow, well I'll take your word for it EMM. You were certainly right about the Spoils of War episode.

Funny, after that riveting hour.. I thought the one after that was a bit mediocre. But of course we need those less exciting interludes to make way for what's to follow :yes:..

Yeah, the last episode was basically all just setup for the one coming up. I doubt they had much of a budget for last weeks episode lol. This Sunday's episode is probably the best episode they've ever made, I'd say.

• Like 2

It seems too easy, from a dramatic POV for the Walkers to be dragon fodder. I reckon we're either going to see that the walkers are dragonfire-proof or (sorry Astra...) there'll be dead and reanimated dragons to balance the advantage. 

And as for Cersei... she's nuts. She'll meet with the Mother of Dragons and try and poison her. She'll die in dragonfire, telling Drogon she's the Queen etc etc, having totally lost the plot.

• Like 2

I will say one thing about all this death and destruction; If Mr Martin ends his epic tale in an extremely negative/dark/depressing manner then I suspect we won't be seeing much more from him in future media projects. Oh, he'll write more books and many will read them, but if he ends this mini-series in an extremely negative manner...game over for more series and/or movie projects. Of course Mr Martin may not give a rodent's rear about the media future of his potential books to come, but I'm betting he does care (fame and accolades are addicting).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Astra. said:

Poor Jorah....

jorah-gets-zoned-300x300.jpg

FWIW, in the books Jorah is a decidedly ugly man that Dany does not find, in any way, attractive.  Large, balding and hairy with a demon tattoo on his face, obviously, the Jorah we all know and cheer for is not that guy.

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I will say one thing about all this death and destruction; If Mr Martin ends his epic tale in an extremely negative/dark/depressing manner then I suspect we won't be seeing much more from him in future media projects. Oh, he'll write more books and many will read them, but if he ends this mini-series in an extremely negative manner...game over for more series and/or movie projects. Of course Mr Martin may not give a rodent's rear about the media future of his potential books to come, but I'm betting he does care (fame and accolades are addicting).

All I can say is teh series on TV will end LOOOOONGGG before GRRM finishes the "A song of ice and fire" series.   Also, I believe they are already planning short series from before the present day "Game of thrones"

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, it's been a torrent since at least 2pm here but it's also been on streaming sites for just as long and they're just as hard to contain.

Merc, you're going to love this episode. The penultimate episode is always the one they spend most of the budget on (big battles and stuff). This episode has made me realise that the reason this season and next aren't 10 episodes has nothing to do with storytelling. They simply don't have the budget for full seasons when there's this much action.

Is this you now EMM?  (from Peter Dinklage's Facebook) :D

leaked.jpg

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

He has previously stated that the ending will be 'bittersweet'.

6 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Is this you now EMM?  (from Peter Dinklage's Facebook) :D

leaked.jpg

Yes, yes it is. It sucks, but yesterday was like Christmas so it's a fair trade.

• Like 2

I still have Christmas to look forward too :D  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Essan said:

I still have Christmas to look forward too :D  

Yep and still looking forward to my Sunday!  

Just a warning from a computer geek to anyone who has decided to stream the episode early.  The bad guys have had plenty of time to sabotage any downloads of the leaked file so back up your important data before opening that file as your antivirus software will not protect you from ransomware.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It seems too easy, from a dramatic POV for the Walkers to be dragon fodder. I reckon we're either going to see that the walkers are dragonfire-proof or (sorry Astra...) there'll be dead and reanimated dragons to balance the advantage. 

And as for Cersei... she's nuts. She'll meet with the Mother of Dragons and try and poison her. She'll die in dragonfire, telling Drogon she's the Queen etc etc, having totally lost the plot.

Yeah, I don't feel at all good where the dragons and those grotesque white walkers are concerned. Also, the Knight King seems to possess certain supernatural powers. I would imagine that he will use these abilities against the dragons once the battle begins.

Oh well, if worse comes to worse I'll just look away. All in all it's going to be very interesting to see how things unfold, especially if Dany and Cersei come face to face :blink:..

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

FWIW, in the books Jorah is a decidedly ugly man that Dany does not find, in any way, attractive.  Large, balding and hairy with a demon tattoo on his face, obviously, the Jorah we all know and cheer for is not that guy.

Thanks Merc, that's a very interesting little tidbit. Now when I see poor regular Jorah...I'll see the poor, large, ugly, balding, tattooed and hairy book Jorah instead....I'll still cheer for him though  :D.. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Yep and still looking forward to my Sunday!  

Just a warning from a computer geek to anyone who has decided to stream the episode early.  The bad guys have had plenty of time to sabotage any downloads of the leaked file so back up your important data before opening that file as your antivirus software will not protect you from ransomware.

Yep, and that is very good advise, for anyone who might be tempted.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Yeah, I don't feel at all good where the dragons and those grotesque white walkers are concerned. Also, the Knight King seems to possess certain supernatural powers. I would imagine that he will use these abilities against the dragons once the battle begins.

Oh well, if worse comes to worse I'll just look away. All in all it's going to be very interesting to see how things unfold, especially if Dany and Cersei come face to face :blink:..

Thanks Merc, that's a very interesting little tidbit. Now when I see poor regular Jorah...I'll see the poor, large, ugly, balding, tattooed and hairy book Jorah instead....I'll still cheer for him though  :D.. 

Nah, not with Iain Glen playing the part.  Tyrion has half a nose and a massive scar across his face http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-how-tyrion-lannister-books-vs-show-2015-10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

Nah, not with Iain Glen playing the part.  Tyrion has half a nose and a massive scar across his face http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-how-tyrion-lannister-books-vs-show-2015-10

Wow, it's pretty amazing how some of the characters in the books (such as Jorah and Tryrion) are portrayed as being far more unpleasant and flawed in their looks, as to how they are presented on the screen. Thank you for sharing this, it's certainly interesting to know the back ground of some of these very cool fictional characters. And what a brilliant author GRRM is, as to having created such an astounding story. 

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Wow, it's pretty amazing how some of the characters in the books (such as Jorah and Tryrion) are portrayed as being far more unpleasant and flawed in their looks, as to how they are presented on the screen. Thank you for sharing this, it's certainly interesting to know the back ground of some of these very cool fictional characters. And what a brilliant author GRRM is, as to have created such an astounding story. 

Some of them, like Jorah and Tyrion, wouldn't work well on the screen in their book form.

And I have to disagree with Jorah being ugly in the books. Sure, he's no beau, but it's just that he isn't Dany's type at all. Tyrion is pretty impressed by him. The creepy parts of Jorah that are left out are his love and sexual feelings for a 13-year-old. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Wow, it's pretty amazing how some of the characters in the books (such as Jorah and Tryrion) are portrayed as being far more unpleasant and flawed in their looks, as to how they are presented on the screen. Thank you for sharing this, it's certainly interesting to know the back ground of some of these very cool fictional characters. And what a brilliant author GRRM is, as to have created such an astounding story. 

You should check out Brienne then. Biter gonna getchya.

2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

10 actors approached for roles in Game of Thrones prequel, "Robert's rebellion"

http://thronesrealm.com/10-actors-approached-hbo-roberts-rebellion-game-thrones-prequel-series/

I really don't have much interest in the rebellion. I'd rather watch the original battles that led to the creation of The Wall and the Night's Watch, or even the original Aegon conquest. Don't get me wrong, it's HBO so I'm sure it'll still be good, but I'd prefer to know more about stories we don't know much about.

Edit - ah, okay, it's a joke and I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Pretty good casting ideas though, but they'd probably cost more than the battles.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

7 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

The creepy parts of Jorah that are left out are his love and sexual feelings for a 13-year-old. 

Lucky he is only a fictional character then. And as horrible as it is, I imagine that paedophilia, as well as incest was rampant back in late medieval times. 

7 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You should check out Brienne then.Biter gonna getchya. 

Sounds scary :ph34r:.....yep, I had a quick check, and from what I gathered the Brienne in the book, is kinda close to the Brienne that Gwendoline Christie  plays...(apart from having the prominent crooked teeth). It's interesting to say the least, and I can't wait to finally start reading the novels before the year is out. 

5 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I really don't have much interest in the rebellion. I'd rather watch the original battles that led to the creation of The Wall and the Night's Watch, or even the original Aegon conquest. Don't get me wrong, it's HBO so I'm sure it'll still be good, but I'd prefer to know more about stories we don't know much about.

Edit - ah, okay, it's a joke and I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Pretty good casting ideas though, but they'd probably cost more than the battles.

Such good actors though, especially Tom Hardy as Robert Baratheon.  Think about the Lyanna, Robert, Rhaegar mess and all that leads to.  I think it waould be awesome if they went this way and it makes sense as fans of TGOT are aware of the storyline whereas the more ancient stuff would be completely detached from the last few years of fan base building.

7 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Such good actors though, especially Tom Hardy as Robert Baratheon.  Think about the Lyanna, Robert, Rhaegar mess and all that leads to.  I think it waould be awesome if they went this way and it makes sense as fans of TGOT are aware of the storyline whereas the more ancient stuff would be completely detached from the last few years of fan base building.

I think that's the point though, to detach the new show from the original's legacy. Otherwise we'd see 'The Adventures of Arya and The Hound in Essos' or something, instead of a choice of 4 prequels. 

• The topic was unpinned