Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Paranoid Android

Game of Thrones

2,437 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Astra.
8 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I think the chains came from Hardhome, a large harbor town where they pulled ships around.

I see, they are rather tenacious little s**** aren't they?.. It actually dawned on me earlier, that the Night King may have had a vision (like Bran does) and saw Dany and her dragons coming his way. Hence he was already prepared with these massive chains to catch at least one of them ?..

Quote

I hate to say this but I think all the dragons die except maybe they leave a few eggs as they can change gender as needed.  

Losing one was already sad enough, let alone losing the other two :hmm:...I wasn't aware that they could change gender, so leaving dragon eggs would be a good thing, as GoT wouldn't be the same without dragons in it. And they still have another series to go, so yeah...

I was wondering tho - what about the three headed dragon theory that Dany, Jon and Tyrion were riding ?...seems it was just a theory, especially since Viserion's demise. (RIP)...well sort of.

Edited by Astra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

I wasn't so upset that I said I hate the **** author, especially when the AUTHOR hasn't done that in his books.  It may becoming but come on, it is a fictional story designed to disturb you and millions wouldn't be watching if it wasn't different.  Yes, it is upsetting but to say I hate the F^^^^ author is disturbing to me.  It is fiction, enjoy the ride or stop watching.  

Disturbing? Oh my goodness. Because I had emotional reaction right after the episode?

I never said he was a **** author. Get over yourself. I also haven't read the books, so I don't know what happens in them.

You were just as upset at the loss of a character, and you've mentioned it more than once how you thought it wasn't right to show a child being burned alive. And I didn't say GTFU she didn't get burned alive. It's just fiction. Enjoy the ride or stop watching. Because I sympathized with you. I sympathized with how you were feeling. 

It's a great series, but probably most of us have moments when we are grieving a character (or a dragon) that our buddy George killed off...and for that moment, we hate him for doing that. But we keep watching. 

Edited by ChaosRose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind

Had to post since it had me in stitches.

pcmceb30o2qdqvgo6gtm.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Seriously though, Hardhome was a shipyard so there would likely have been lots of chains like these around there.

Btw Emm, sorry for any misunderstandings we may have had recently. I really do enjoy reading your posts. Hope we're good.

Hey!.. I even baked you some GoT cupcakes as a peace offering :D

img18-e1427662487230.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
1 minute ago, Astra. said:

Btw Emm, sorry for any misunderstandings we may have had recently. I really do enjoy reading your posts. Hope we're good.

Hey!.. I even baked you some GoT cupcakes as a peace offering :D

img18-e1427662487230.jpg

 

 

 

Yeah, no worries. Nice cupcakes but do they go well with beer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, no worries. Nice cupcakes but do they go well with beer?

Sure do :tu:..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
On 8/20/2017 at 10:30 PM, ChaosRose said:

I ****ing hate George R.R. Martin right now.

As if there isn't enough messed up in the real world. Now there has to be friggin tragedy in my fantasy one. 

I'm having Misery thoughts right about now. 

 

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

I wasn't so upset that I said I hate the **** author, especially when the AUTHOR hasn't done that in his books.  It may becoming but come on, it is a fictional story designed to disturb you and millions wouldn't be watching if it wasn't different.  Yes, it is upsetting but to say I hate the F^^^^ author is disturbing to me.  It is fiction, enjoy the ride or stop watching.  

Disturbing? Oh my goodness. Because I had emotional reaction right after the episode?

I never said he was a **** author. Get over yourself. I also haven't read the books, so I don't know what happens in them.

You were just as upset at the loss of a character, and you've mentioned it more than once how you thought it wasn't right to show a child being burned alive. And I didn't say GTFU she didn't get burned alive. It's just fiction. Enjoy the ride or stop watching. Because I sympathized with you. I sympathized with how you were feeling. 

It's a great series, but probably most of us have moments when we are grieving a character (or a dragon) that our buddy George killed off...and for that moment, we hate him for doing that. But we keep watching. 

See your quote above, it is exactly what you said but I shouldn't have told you to GTFU so sorry for that.  

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

I see, they are rather tenacious little s**** aren't they?.. It actually dawned on me earlier, that the Night King may have had a vision (like Bran does) and saw Dany and her dragons coming his way. Hence he was already prepared with these massive chains to catch at least one of them ?..

I haven't thought about that but why not?  Great point!  Not sure if all seers can see future events (not even sure if Bran can see the future) but maybe someone has that answer.

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

Losing one was already sad enough, let alone losing the other two :hmm:...I wasn't aware that they could change gender, so leaving dragon eggs would be a good thing, as GoT wouldn't be the same without dragons in it. And they still have another series to go, so yeah...

Apparently they are like certain reptiles that can change gender based on current needs.

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

I was wondering tho - what about the three headed dragon theory that Dany, Jon and Tyrion were riding ?...seems it was just a theory, especially since Viserion's demise. (RIP)...well sort of.

I am thinking Dany on one, Night King on the second and Bran wargs into the third.  No one agrees with me on that BTW.  :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
21 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Had to post since it had me in stitches.

pcmceb30o2qdqvgo6gtm.jpg

 

Oh my....:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

I think the confusion is in these things ****. 

I thought you were trying to imply I said he was a s**t author, and I wasn't. 

It's confusing when we can't just say stuff and we have to star it out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
8 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I haven't thought about that but why not?  Great point!  Not sure if all seers can see future events (not even sure if Bran can see the future) but maybe someone has that answer.

Bran seems to be acting a lot more stranger since he became the Three-eyed Raven. I think we need to see more of him tho, and see what possible extra powers that he may now possess since his new title. Oh, it was only one of my wild speculation about the Night King having visions and being prepared. It would be good tho...:P..

8 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Apparently they are like certain reptiles that can change gender based on current needs.

That's interesting...it's truly something that I didn't give any thought to. 

8 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I am thinking Dany on one, Night King on the second and Bran wargs into the third.  No one agrees with me on that BTW.  :D

Sounds good...it's also about time that Bran did something else, rather than sit around all day and stare into space :rolleyes:..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14

I'll probably get in trouble for this but what the hell, it was on Peter Dinklage's facebook page so....

 

jon and dany.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14

Peter Dinklage's facebook page.  Too soon? :D

3 dragons.jpg

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
52 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I think the confusion is in these things ****. 

I thought you were trying to imply I said he was a s**t author, and I wasn't. 

It's confusing when we can't just say stuff and we have to star it out. 

Rose...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FLOMBIE
56 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I'll probably get in trouble for this but what the hell, it was on Peter Dinklage's facebook page so....

 

jon and dany.jpg

She has already observed that he is to little for her. But I got a feeling that she's a sucker for his technique. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
29 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

She has already observed that he is to little for her. But I got a feeling that she's a sucker for his technique. 

:D  There were a lot of references to Snow's/Harrington's height on the last two episodes, wasn't there?  Dany had that one, Gendry had one about his father and there was a third I can't recall right now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FLOMBIE
10 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

:D  There were a lot of references to Snow's/Harrington's height on the last two episodes, wasn't there?  Dany had that one, Gendry had one about his father and there was a third I can't recall right now.

Indeed. I bet it became too obvious when Sophie Turner is now about a whole head taller than he is. So they worked it into the story. I gotta say I like that! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crookedspiral
On 2017-08-21 at 5:13 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

I don't think it was foolish. How was she to know they could be killed so easily? Foolish only with hindsight.

Rushing headlong to the North beyond the Wall (a place where dragons can be vulnerable, if anywhere) not knowing what she was going to find, was foolish. Her hand Tyrion did his best to advise her against acting on a whim but she wouldn't listen. She acted emotionally.

Edited by Be.cause
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
5 hours ago, Astra. said:

Rose...

 

Lol. Ok...fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
7 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I'll probably get in trouble for this but what the hell, it was on Peter Dinklage's facebook page so....

 

jon and dany.jpg

That raises the question of how he knows how much............ Snow........ Jon have. 

Maybe he have seen Jon when he was Stark naked ? :whistle:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.

So is Sam and his little family heading back to Winterfell now to see Jon concerning things that he knows ?...

If they are heading in that direction, it's probably not the most ideal place to be, as far as their safety is concerned.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Careful_perspective
11 hours ago, Astra. said:

I see, they are rather tenacious little s**** aren't they?.. It actually dawned on me earlier, that the Night King may have had a vision (like Bran does) and saw Dany and her dragons coming his way. Hence he was already prepared with these massive chains to catch at least one of them ?..

Losing one was already sad enough, let alone losing the other two :hmm:...I wasn't aware that they could change gender, so leaving dragon eggs would be a good thing, as GoT wouldn't be the same without dragons in it. And they still have another series to go, so yeah...

I was wondering tho - what about the three headed dragon theory that Dany, Jon and Tyrion were riding ?...seems it was just a theory, especially since Viserion's demise. (RIP)...well sort of.

Other fans have speculated about the Night's King knowing about the Dragons, and even have gone as far as to point out he brought 3 spears for the 3 Dragons.

jYdpFxAcbsytxHLqCFz8C15S_Z6G2bx-6vFQe_o5

 

 

EDIT:

Another reddit user was able to prove that in Bran's vision he saw the army in this exact spot before Jon and his crew even arrived. This is the screencap of it:

 

4Qxyckm.jpg

Edited by Rinna
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
2 hours ago, Be.cause said:

Rushing headlong to the North beyond the Wall (a place where dragons can be vulnerable, if anywhere) not knowing what she was going to find, was foolish. Her hand Tyrion did his best to advise her against acting on a whim but she wouldn't listen. She acted emotionally.

Yep it was based more on emotion that she decided to go..but there were people there that she deeply cared for, such as Jorah and Jon. Imagine if she had not decided to go and help. She would have had to carry around a heavy burden of guilt. Also, and despite losing one of her children, she finally got to see these creatures for real...and understands more of what they are now up against. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
4 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Other fans have speculated about the Night's King knowing about the Dragons, and even have gone as far as to point out he brought 3 spears for the 3 Dragons.

jYdpFxAcbsytxHLqCFz8C15S_Z6G2bx-6vFQe_o5

 

Gosh...so it is very possible that the Night King may have other special powers, as to be able to see future events ?..if he does possess this power....it certainly gives him even more of an advantage. 

I'm also wondering whether he has some kind of profound connection with Bran....as in one of the visions that Bran had... the Knight King appeared and reached out to Bran, as though he touched him in the dream ?.. it was chilling to say the least.

Oh btw, it's good to see you posting again Rinna. I hope all's been well with you :st.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Careful_perspective
1 minute ago, Astra. said:

Gosh...so it is very possible that the Night King may have other special powers, as to be able to see future events ?..if he does possess this power....it certainly gives him even more of an advantage. 

I'm also wondering whether he has some kind of profound connection with Bran....as in one of the visions that Bran had... the Knight King appeared and reached out to Bran, as though he touched him in the dream ?.. it was chilling to say the least.

Oh btw, it's good to see you posting again Rinna. I hope all's been well with you :st.. 

Thanks, everything has been fine, just got a bit caught up. Also, scroll up, I added a bit about Bran already having a vision of this event. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
1 minute ago, Rinna said:

Thanks, everything has been fine, just got a bit caught up. Also, scroll up, I added a bit about Bran already having a vision of this event. 

Thanks for the posts Rinna, I think I am convinced they both can see the future

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.