Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

I have no idea and I have seen art with the Dragons of old in armor so you are NOT wrong.  I just see these things as cats, kind of, and owning four rescues I know that we are barley in control and they decide what they are going to do, especially the Maine Coon types .  

BUT, I think there is zero argument that Dany and the dragons are linked at a mother-child level which is awesome, and terrifying, and I think the whole story changed when that monster killed her "child".   

4454b72a4f77e7a1df89094773135f2d.thumb.jpg.05c14e8ee85443f9c08d4e2ffc4f0555.jpg

If you can get armor on a cat you can get armor on a dragon. Although I would focus the armor on their breast and belly and not their back.

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I have no idea and I have seen art with the Dragons of old in armor so you are NOT wrong.  I just see these things as cats, kind of, and owning four rescues I know that we are barley in control and they decide what they are going to do, especially the Maine Coon types .  

BUT, I think there is zero argument that Dany and the dragons are linked at a mother-child level which is awesome, and terrifying, and I think the whole story changed when that monster killed her "child".   

Thanks Merc, your posts are so straight-thinking and very rational. And yes, you are right. They are much like cats in certain ways. I can see in the dragons (much like cats) their wilful and independent natures. Dany of course raised them from eggs, so yes, on some level, her dragons (children) share this deep, but mystical bond.This certainly doesn't mean though that she is always able to have full control over them. But they seem to understand and obey her, when she needs them the most...and just like cat's...they usually don't stray too far away from home. Also, cats can be rather choosy to whom they give their affection to. If they do not like you, they will snub you. If anything, Jon Snow should have felt rather privileged when Drogon warmed up to him. I thought that was a truly beautiful moment :wub:

:P..

3 minutes ago, Odin11 said:

If you can get armor on a cat you can get armor on a dragon.

There you go :lol:..

16 minutes ago, Odin11 said:

Although I would focus the armor on their breast and belly and not their back.

Yep, where their vital organs are. 

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

Yep, where their vital organs are. 

That, but also because they will be flying and in danger of attack from below not above.

Edited by Odin11

21 minutes ago, Odin11 said:

That, but also because they well be flying and in danger of attack from below not above.

Yeah, but guess what we forgot...the Night King will be riding the other dragon. He will now be able to soar above the other two.

Game-of-_Thrones-_Season-7-ice-dragon-693x459.jpg

1 minute ago, Astra. said:

Yeah, but guess what we forgot...the Night King will be riding the other dragon. He will now be able to soar above the other two.

Game-of-_Thrones-_Season-7-ice-dragon-693x459.jpg

Oh crap, you're right. Well, they're boned.

Just now, Odin11 said:

Oh crap, you're right. Well, they're boned.

You know, I think we might need to go back to full kick-azz armor Odin......like what the cats were wearing :gun:..

9 hours ago, Odin11 said:

If you can get armor on a cat you can get armor on a dragon. Although I would focus the armor on their breast and belly and not their back.

A cat in armor, too funny.  

• Like 1

I want to believe that they will put armor on the dragon but they make **** choices in that regard. I can remember my disappointment last year during the battle of the b******* at how the giant had no weapon except his hands. I understand it isnt easy to forge a giant weapon but they could have cut down a damn tree and had him using that. Like swinging a telephone pole.

• Like 3

Also, I have to say, that whole Dragon scene reminded me an awful lot of this cinematic where another frozen Dragon was ressurected by an Undead King: 

https://youtu.be/BCr7y4SLhck

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rinna said:

I want to believe that they will put armor on the dragon but they make **** choices in that regard. I can remember my disappointment last year during the battle of the b******* at how the giant had no weapon except his hands. I understand it isnt easy to forge a giant weapon but they could have cut down a damn tree and had him using that. Like swinging a telephone pole.

Does a normal armor even protect from the White Walker ice weapons? I personally doubt it. We'd need a dragon-sized Valyian steel armor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rinna said:

Also, I have to say, that whole Dragon scene reminded me an awful lot of this cinematic where another frozen Dragon was ressurected by an Undead King: 

https://youtu.be/BCr7y4SLhck

I still think that is the best cinematic Blizzard has ever done. The art, the music, the voice over, everything was perfect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

A cat in armor, too funny.  

That is Sir Meower and he doesn't appreciate your levity. He'll have you know that in the eternal war between cats and the subspecies called dog he is responsible for the death of hundreds of enemy soldiers. :P

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Odin11 said:

I still think that is the best cinematic Blizzard has ever done. The art, the music, the voice over, everything was perfect.

I agree! I also loved the end game cinematic from when Arthas was defeated and his father comes to him. 

• Like 1

When the Night-King tries to control his new dragon

oJRLkTh.jpg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Check out how Longclaw opens its eyes when Jon surfaces

:D That's pretty cool but I think it's just water splashing on the eye. I could be wrong but that's the way it looks to me.

• Like 1

Here's some fun with the Hound and Tormund.

• Like 1

Some memorable flash backs, before this series wraps up. 

Edited by Astra.

Was re-watching the first episode of this season and I noticed this in a book Sam is reading:

Catspawbook-1024x767.jpg

That's Littlefinger's dagger.

sub-buzz-2351-1495763954-1.png?downsize=

I wonder what significance there might be. Think they might have just been foreshadowing Arya getting the blade or does the blade have more significance than that?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Was re-watching the first episode of this season and I noticed this in a book Sam is reading:

Catspawbook-1024x767.jpg

That's Littlefinger's dagger.

sub-buzz-2351-1495763954-1.png?downsize=

I wonder what significance there might be. Think they might have just been foreshadowing Arya getting the blade or does the blade have more significance than that?

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of intricacy surrounding this blade. And I thought it ironic at the time, when Littlefinger gifted it to Bran, as it was the same knife used to try and assassinate him, in which Littlefinger is suspected of being behind. I take it that this blade has been around for a long while, and has fallen into different hands over the course of time. I hope we find out soon just what the significance is (besides it being able to kill white walkers) just what other mystery it holds. 

• The topic was unpinned