Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Was re-watching the first episode of this season and I noticed this in a book Sam is reading:

Catspawbook-1024x767.jpg

That's Littlefinger's dagger.

sub-buzz-2351-1495763954-1.png?downsize=

I wonder what significance there might be. Think they might have just been foreshadowing Arya getting the blade or does the blade have more significance than that?

A look at the text shows that it has dragonglass in it, so my guess is it will be used by someone to kill a White Walker. Its certainly too prominent to not be used in some major way.

Its interesting that it has what looks like rubies on it. I never thought about that before seeing your post, but Rhaegar is known to have had rubies on his armour so maybe it once belonged to him ? He may even have planned on giving it to his heir ? Now its with his heirs cousin, so its getting closer. 

• Like 1

Given that it's a Valyrian steel blade, it doesn't need dragonglass to kill a White Walker.

• Like 1

I've been meaning to say, that I thought the coat that Dany was wearing when she went to help Jon and the others was absolutely beautiful....(and now I want one :yes:)....seriously tho, the costume crew on GoT do a superb job with their creativity with all the costumes.

images_26.jpg

images_15.jpg

images_19.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Astra. said:

I've been meaning to say, that I thought the coat that Dany was wearing when she went to help Jon and the others was absolutely beautiful....

I just thought she wasn't dressed properly for the cold.

I bet she had Missandei chisel the frozen snot off her face when she got back.

3 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

Ever heard of thermal underwear Arbenol  :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

Thank you for the image.. :rolleyes:..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arbenol said:

I thought she'd end up freezing too, considering the wind chill, but then I remembered she's sitting atop a being that breaths fire. Those dragons must run hot as hell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

Ever heard of thermal underwear Arbenol  :whistle:

Thank you for the image.. :rolleyes:..

Not to mention, she would have been covered in squashed bugs. (You've seen the state of your windscreen after a long drive).

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I thought she'd end up freezing too, considering the wind chill, but then I remembered she's sitting atop a being that breaths fire. Those dragons must run hot as hell.

haha..good point.

2 hours ago, Arbenol said:

Not to mention, she would have been covered in squashed bugs. (You've seen the state of your windscreen after a long drive).

Yes, but my car doesn't fly at high altitudes, where freezing temperatures probably affect most bugs anyway's.

So tell me Arbenol, besides chatting about frozen boogers and squashed bugs..have you enjoyed the series so far? :)  

Edited by Astra.

13 minutes ago, Astra. said:

haha..good point.

Yes, but my car doesn't fly at high altitudes, where freezing temperatures probably affect most bugs anyway's.

So tell me Arbenol, besides chatting about frozen boogers and squashed bugs..have you enjoyed the series so far? :)  

Ha!

What do you think the cruising altitude of a dragon would be?:D

And yes. Thoroughly enjoying this season. Can't wait for the next episode. I have to wait until tuesday to watch it so will be avoiding this thread like the plague until then.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Socks Junior said:

Given that it's a Valyrian steel blade, it doesn't need dragonglass to kill a White Walker.

Way to go destroying my crackpottery. <_<

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

Ha!

We know they fly at the speed of plot, so maybe the cruising altitude is similar ?

9 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

And yes. Thoroughly enjoying this season. Can't wait for the next episode. I have to wait until tuesday to watch it so will be avoiding this thread like the plague until then.

Here I thought Astra and me had it tough having to wait until monday. Poor you. :(

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

No idea, you're best to ask a pilot that Q.. :P..

2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

We know they fly at the speed of plot, so maybe the cruising altitude is similar ?

Here I thought Astra and me had it tough having to wait until monday. Poor you. :(

New episodes are shown at the same time as in the US - that makes it monday lunchtime here. But because of work commitments I won't be able to catch up until tuesday night (or very early wednesday morning).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Iv'e been fortunate since the series kicked off...most Monday's off :clap:......we get to see it at 11am. 

What time on Monday do you get it ?......oh, btw...I hope you enjoyed / or are still enjoying your vacation :tu:..

14 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

New episodes are shown at the same time as in the US - that makes it monday lunchtime here. But because of work commitments I won't be able to catch up until tuesday night (or very early wednesday morning).

Aww - well yep! you're best to stay away from the thread for a bit....you know, just in case.

48 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Iv'e been fortunate since the series kicked off...most Monday's off :clap:......we get to see it at 11am. 

What time on Monday do you get it ?......oh, btw...I hope you enjoyed / or are still enjoying your vacation :tu:..

I tape it sunday night and then watch it sometimes monday morning/afternoon. Luckily I work the evening shift so I can watch it before I go to work. I often discuss it with one of my collegues after we have both seen it. 

Sadly my vacation ended two weeks ago. <_<

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Arbenol said:

I think that Dany is as impervious to the cold as she is to fire.  Just a guess, obviously.

• Like 1

I need to watch again but I was a bit disappointed in the end. I was really hoping Jon would find out his parentage but they're dragging it out even longer. The Littlefinger stuff was cool though. And the promise of Cleganebowl.

Well, I was completely wrong about Littlefinger, but I was 100% right about Jon/Aegon being the rightful heir to the iron throne. I don't think Jon/Aegon is a threat to Dany’s claim to the throne, he's not power-hungry nor does he care about anything other then stopping the white walkers. Plus he gave his word.

I know everyone is thinking marriage between Jon/Aegon and Daenerys, I was too, but it just struck me that Jon/Aegon isn't the type that can look pass the whole aunt-nephew thing. Maybe he can, but that whole scene with Bran telling who Jon/Aegon is overlapped with Jon/Aegon and Daenerys makes me think that the show is trying to liken it to a Cersei and Jaime level of taboo, seeming to forget that Targaryens intermarried all the time.

But Jon being named Aegon bugs me, I hope there's meaning behind it and not just bad writing on the show's part.

Ok, who's already sick of me saying "Jon/Aegon". lol

Also, I did not know this was the finale of season 7, I thought there was one more episode. I didn't get to watch it as a finale, if you know what I mean, now it feels as if the season was cut short on me. Season 8 can't come fast enough.

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 2

It was so satisfying to me to see that coward....

fall to his knees - cry like a baby - and beg for his life just before Arya slit his throat.

I was hoping that Sansa and Arya had been playing him all along - so game over!

• Like 2

double post..

Edited by Astra.

• The topic was unpinned