Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

I haven't had the opportunity to watch the last episode again. And even though I enjoyed where the walkers and the Nights King turned up to conquer. I have to say, that I was somewhat surprised that this massive ice structure (wall) had come down so easily, after the resurrected dragon breathed it's blue iced power onto it. I mean the wall didn't just melt, some parts actually exploded. I wonder what gives, with this dragons new breathing abilities. I also remember someone saying the wall was magic, and the walkers could not easily cross it ?...

One theory is that when the Night's King touched Bran it broke that spell just as it did at the three eyed raven's tree.  As far as the dead dragon, not a clue.

37 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

One theory is that when the Night's King touched Bran it broke that spell just as it did at the three eyed raven's tree.  As far as the dead dragon, not a clue.

So if this theory holds weight. Then basically Bran has become the weakest link in regards to the Night King exploiting his gift. What this would indicate then, is the Night King is indeed more powerful than Bran at this stage. And he also has a mighty blue-flamed breathing dragon to boot, not to mention leading thousands of the walking dead. It seemed that no one was prepared either for this surprise attack.   

20 minutes ago, Astra. said:

So if this theory holds weight. Then basically Bran has become the weakest link in regards to the Night King exploiting his gift. What this would indicate then, is the Night King is indeed more powerful than Bran at this stage. And he also has a mighty blue-flamed breathing dragon to boot, not to mention leading thousands of the walking dead. It seemed that no one was prepared either for this surprise attack.   

Total guess Astra, I'd wait till NEIA checks in but I'd say they are equally matched and edge towards Bran being more powerful, as he is alive, but just an opinion.  When the Night's King touched him, Bran had no idea what was going on, things have changed, as has Bran, so this will be one of the most interesting story lines to watch IMHO.

Edited by Merc14

8 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Total guess Astra, I'd wait till NEIA checks in but I'd say they are equally matched and edge towards Bran being more powerful, as he is alive, but just an opinion.  When the Night's King touched him, Bran had no idea what was going on, things have changed, as has Bran, so this will be one of the most interesting story lines to watch IMHO.

Sure, but I feel that if the Night King was capable of being able to enter Brans vision and physically touch him. Then I think that's a pretty powerful thing to have up ones sleeve (so to speak)...yep, the next series should be absolutely awesome. 

Anyway, putting Dany's and Jon's newly found love life aside. Where exactly were they headed for on the ship ?...was it going to Winterfell, or Dragonstone ? (maybe I missed something)..Also, I was curious as to know where all of the dragon-glass is stashed that had previously been mined...as they are going to need it more than ever...since the dead are now marching their way. 

Sooo many questions left hanging :rolleyes:.. 

Edited by Astra.

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

Anyway, putting Dany's and Jon's newly found love life aside. Where exactly were they headed for on the ship ?...was it going to Winterfell, or Dragonstone ? (maybe I missed something)..Also, I was curious as to know where all of the dragon-glass is stashed that had previously been mined...as they are going to need it more than ever...since the dead are now marching their way. 

Sooo many questions left hanging :rolleyes:.. 

They are sailing to White Harbour - the largest town and port in the North.   I dont think its been mentioned previously in the TV show.   I assume they have a big stash of dragon glass aboard with, and from White Harbour they will  ride north with it to Winterfell , joining with the Dothraki and Grey Worm - and Jaime - en route.   Probably arriving just in the nick of time to save a besieged Winterfell  ....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Astra. said:

Sure, but I feel that if the Night King was capable of being able to enter Brans vision and physically touch him. Then I think that's a pretty powerful thing to have up ones sleeve (so to speak)...yep, the next series should be absolutely awesome. 

Good point.  Bran is just learning his strengths so we really have no idea what his limits are so I shouldn't assume anything.   Poor guy ws supposed to have years to absorb the three eyed raven's knowledge but got it all in a few minutes and was left to himself to sort through it.    

If the Night King can step into Bran's visions, can Bran step into the Night King's visions as well? Yeah, this could get interesting for sure.

• Like 2

Apparently there was a short scene where Sansa, before killing her sister, decides to ask Bran to check her facts and Bran informs her on all that really happened:

Was the season-long tension between Sansa and Arya just a show for setting up Littlefinger? Were they conspiring the whole time?

It turns out there is a reason the moment the Stark kids came together felt sudden ― because it was.

Isaac Hempstead Wright told HuffPost that a deleted finale scene would’ve explained things a little better.

“Funny enough, we did actually shoot a scene that didn’t make it into that episode where Sansa knocks on Bran’s door, and I don’t know whether they actually want to change the story, but as I understand it, Sansa came to Bran and goes, ‘Can you just look some of this up before I kill my sister?’ That kind of sentiment. Sansa just checking that fact,” said the actor.

So apparently, Sansa’s scene with Littlefinger where she questions whether Arya was going to kill her was legit. She was actually worried, but then decided to check with Bran before doing something she might regret.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bran-stark-actor-says-cut-scene-wouldve-explained-confusing-game-of-thrones-finale-moment_us_59a5d56ee4b00795c2a26a71

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

Apparently there was a short scene where Sansa, before killing her sister, decides to ask Bran to check her facts and Bran informs her on all that really happened:

Was the season-long tension between Sansa and Arya just a show for setting up Littlefinger? Were they conspiring the whole time?

It turns out there is a reason the moment the Stark kids came together felt sudden ― because it was.

Isaac Hempstead Wright told HuffPost that a deleted finale scene would’ve explained things a little better.

“Funny enough, we did actually shoot a scene that didn’t make it into that episode where Sansa knocks on Bran’s door, and I don’t know whether they actually want to change the story, but as I understand it, Sansa came to Bran and goes, ‘Can you just look some of this up before I kill my sister?’ That kind of sentiment. Sansa just checking that fact,” said the actor.

So apparently, Sansa’s scene with Littlefinger where she questions whether Arya was going to kill her was legit. She was actually worried, but then decided to check with Bran before doing something she might regret.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bran-stark-actor-says-cut-scene-wouldve-explained-confusing-game-of-thrones-finale-moment_us_59a5d56ee4b00795c2a26a71

I don't know if that makes things better or worse. It helps to make sense of the sudden shift in attitude towards Arya in the finale, but it means we can't pretend that Sansa falling so stupidly for his trap and actually considering killing her sister simply does not exist in any form of canon. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I don't know if that makes things better or worse. It helps to make sense of the sudden shift in attitude towards Arya in the finale, but it means we can't pretend that Sansa falling so stupidly for his trap and actually considering killing her sister simply does not exist in any form of canon. 

I guess what matters is WHY they pulled it out.   Did they cut it for length or to change the storyline.  I think the latter personally

I didnt quite believe the apparent animosity between Sansa and Arya, and kept thinking that there was more going in between them than we were seeing - which is then revealed when its Baelish who gets accused (one of my fav moments of the whole series).   So I am glad they didnt show Sansa "checking the facts" with Bran. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Good point.  Bran is just learning his strengths so we really have no idea what his limits are so I shouldn't assume anything.   Poor guy ws supposed to have years to absorb the three eyed raven's knowledge but got it all in a few minutes and was left to himself to sort through it.    

Yes, it was also obvious that it was Brans fate to become the three-eye'd-raven. The 'old guy' three-eye'd-raven must have foreseen this already, and of course waited until Bran came along as to pass on all of this wisdom and knowledge.

Nevertheless, it must have been a heavy burden to have it all suddenly lumped on him. I'm sure tho, he'll learn quickly just what else his powers can do, especially taking on the Night King by playing him at his own game. I imagine we are going to see a powerful battle of 'wills and mind' between he and the Night King in the next show down.  

• Like 1

The three eyed raven is a closed timeloop - its is and has always been Bran. 

Eventually he'll travel physically back in time not just psychically (we've already had some evidence that he can interact with the past). 

On 9/1/2017 at 5:01 AM, Essan said:

I didnt quite believe the apparent animosity between Sansa and Arya, and kept thinking that there was more going in between them than we were seeing - which is then revealed when its Baelish who gets accused (one of my fav moments of the whole series).   So I am glad they didnt show Sansa "checking the facts" with Bran. 

well i did up until Arya's too cool for winterfell look during her sham trial. but what is it with that friggen blade that killed Baelish. It keeps getting more mysterious as the show goes on. 

Edited by Captain Risky

29 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The three eyed raven is a closed timeloop - its is and has always been Bran. 

Eventually he'll travel physically back in time not just psychically (we've already had some evidence that he can interact with the past). 

There are a few different theories floating around about Bran. Some even think that Bran is the Nights King, but personally I find that difficult to swallow.

Ok, so we already know that Bran has now become the three-eye'd-raven. Then who was the old wise man who lived in a tree (also known as the three-eye'd-raven) who accompanied Bran back to the past and bestowed his knowledge onto him if Bran has always been the three-eye'd-raven ? 

Also, I wonder what the old man meant when he told Bran that one day he (Bran) would fly. I realise that he is able to warg into different animals...but I now wonder if he meant that Bran will literally fly a dragon, or maybe warg into one ?..

images_19.jpg

18 minutes ago, Astra. said:

There are a few different theories floating around about Bran. Some even think that Bran is the Nights King, but personally I find that difficult to swallow.

Ok, so we already know that Bran has now become the three-eye'd-raven. Then who was the old wise man who lived in a tree (also known as the three-eye'd-raven) who accompanied Bran back to the past and bestowed his knowledge onto him if Bran has always been the three-eye'd-raven ? 

Also, I wonder what the old man meant when he told Bran that one day he (Bran) would fly. I realise that he is able to warg into different animals...but I now wonder if he meant that Bran will literally fly a dragon, or maybe warg into one ?..

images_19.jpg

The old bloke is Bran, a time travelled into the past Bran. 

Bran (old Bran) summoned young Bran to train as the TER, in the full knowledge that he was about to die. He trains Bran, dies and dumps all the powers into Bran. Bran goes off, helps defeat the Walkers and ends up sent back in time, to grow old and eventually summon himself back in order to train him as TER....

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The old bloke is Bran, a time travelled into the past Bran. 

Bran (old Bran) summoned young Bran to train as the TER, in the full knowledge that he was about to die. He trains Bran, dies and dumps all the powers into Bran. Bran goes off, helps defeat the Walkers and ends up sent back in time, to grow old and eventually summon himself back in order to train him as TER....

So you think that Bran is sort of reincarnating himself over and over again as being the three-eye'd-raven, hence being able to use some kind of time warp / travel to go back and forth to the past and the present.

Just to add - I'm more confused, but hey! you could be right. In a way it feels like Bran is Dr Who :P.. 

images_20.jpg

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Astra. said:

So you think that Bran is sort of reincarnating himself over and over again as being the three-eye'd-raven, hence being able to use some kind of time warp / travel to go back and forth to the past and the present.

Just to add - I'm more confused, but hey! you could be right. In a way it feels like Bran is Dr Who :P.. 

images_20.jpg

Either of those two actors would have/will be amazing in Who ....

I'm trying (and failing) to say that Bran will travel back in time, grow old, train himself and then travel back in time, grow old and then train himself, go back in time, grow old.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

well i did up until Arya's too cool for winterfell look during her sham trial. but what is it with that friggen blade that killed Baelish. It keeps getting more mysterious as the show goes on. 

It is a Targ blade from when they first conquered. I suspect it'll end up with Jon.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It is a Targ blade from when they first conquered. I suspect it'll end up with Jon.

Or IN Jon.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

ok. the blade has been central to the story plot from day one. 

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/08/game-of-thrones-littlefinger-valyrian-dagger-history-plot-recap-bran/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Or IN Jon.

Maybe. Personally I think he'll use it to kill the Night King but he'll die in the process, leaving a pregnant Dany to grieve. That'd match the bittersweet ending George has said is coming.

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Maybe. Personally I think he'll use it to kill the Night King but he'll die in the process, leaving a pregnant Dany to grieve. That'd match the bittersweet ending George has said is coming.

Dany wins, ends up as what looks to be a good queen, but Jon and the Dragons are dead?

that works.

im also thinking Gilly is for the chop, maybe Brienne too. Jorah the Explorer will die, protecting Dany (maybe even receives a kiss just as he dies). Sam will end up Maester of the Nights Watch. Arya will just disappear. 

Sansa will survive, otherwise her entire story arc will be for nothing.

Bron will die, the man who lived without a cause except himself will die for a cause.

Tyron will probably survive, he'll be gifted Casterley Rock.

Tormund will marry Brienne and they'll kill each other before the honeymoon is over.

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned