Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

On 8/29/2017 at 3:53 PM, Rinna said:

Half of the people at my job think she is "blondie" :mellow:

My mother in law said her name was "khaleesi", and I tried to explain that was just a title, she said, "No, everyone seems to be calling her that.".

34 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Dany wins, ends up as what looks to be a good queen, but Jon and the Dragons are dead?

It would fit Jon's arch if he were to give his life to defeat the White Walkers.

im also thinking Gilly is for the chop, maybe Brienne too. Jorah the Explorer will die, protecting Dany (maybe even receives a kiss just as he dies).

Agree that Jorah will die protecting Dany. Thats pretty much what he is there for.

Sam will end up Maester of the Nights Watch.

I don't think there will be a Nightswatch at the end. Sam might end up as grand maester.

Arya will just disappear. 

I am not sure Arya will survive. "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives". Arya is the lone wolf here I'm afraid.

Sansa will survive, otherwise her entire story arc will be for nothing.

I agree that she will survive and I think she will be a powerbroker in the aftermath of the great war.

Bron will die, the man who lived without a cause except himself will die for a cause.

I like that.

Tyron will probably survive, he'll be gifted Casterley Rock.

And worship the God of Tits and Wine ever after. :P

Maybe he will even stay married to Sansa and they will end up as Westeros' new power couple ?

How many people remember that they are married ? 

Tormund will marry Brienne and they'll kill each other before the honeymoon is over.

If you leave out the killing part I'm sold on it. Brienne deserves a good guy and Tormund seems to be just that. 

I still think Jaime will die after killing Cersei.

Yara might not make it, but I think Theon will. If he becomes lord of the Iron Islands there will however be a problem with succession. :rolleyes:

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Dany wins, ends up as what looks to be a good queen, but Jon and the Dragons are dead?

that works.

im also thinking Gilly is for the chop, maybe Brienne too. Jorah the Explorer will die, protecting Dany (maybe even receives a kiss just as he dies). Sam will end up Maester of the Nights Watch. Arya will just disappear. 

Sansa will survive, otherwise her entire story arc will be for nothing.

Bron will die, the man who lived without a cause except himself will die for a cause.

Tyron will probably survive, he'll be gifted Casterley Rock.

Tormund will marry Brienne and they'll kill each other before the honeymoon is over.

As this season has gone on I've started to think that Dany won't prevail. Jon's claim to the is more valid than hers (although he hasn't claimed it yet.) I think she's beginning to show some of the sadistic madness of her father (burning the Tarleys was unnecessary). If she is on the throne I can see her being "more of the same" - as Jon put it. He, on the other hand, would be a completely different (and arguable better, more just) ruler.

When Jon discovers his true heritage it will create a rift between the two which will only be resolved by one of them dying. I reckon Dany will eventually (right at the end) recognise his more valid claim, and that he will be a better ruler than she. She'll die fighting for him - as will her remaining dragons.

Well, that's my prediction. And I'm sure I'm completely wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

Well, that's my prediction. And I'm sure I'm completely wrong.

Don't worry about being wrong in your predictions. If it was so easy to predicts what happens in this story would we even be watching it ? :P

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2017 at 11:20 PM, Odin11 said:

I know everyone is thinking marriage between Jon/Aegon and Daenerys, I was too, but it just struck me that Jon/Aegon isn't the type that can look pass the whole aunt-nephew thing. Maybe he can, but that whole scene with Bran telling who Jon/Aegon is overlapped with Jon/Aegon and Daenerys makes me think that the show is trying to liken it to a Cersei and Jaime level of taboo, seeming to forget that Targaryens intermarried all the time.

I thought I remembered that it was common among the Targaryens to intermarry with siblings... So I looked it up. I think a aunt-wife wouldn't be much different in effect.

http://iceandfire.wikia.com/wiki/Sister-wife

Sister-wife is a Valyrian term which refers to a woman who is both the sister and wife of her husband. This form of incest is considered immoral and illegal by many societies, including the mainstream society of Westeros, but was commonplace in Valyria and continued to be practised by the Targaryens after they had conquered Westeros, although it remained outlawed for all others.

So it could happen....

Edited by DieChecker

On 8/28/2017 at 4:56 AM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I bugs me a lot too. By the time Rhaegar and Lyanna married he allready had a son named Aegon. It would make no sense to give his second son the same name while the first one is still alive. 

To me it looks like lazy writing to go with the most wellknown name and I really hope G.R.R.M isn't going to do that too.

Annoyingly my recording stopped just before the Nights King was finished demolishing the wall. <_< (had to find it on Youtube)

Yeah, I don't like that either. Really would it have been so hard to name him after his uncle, or grandfather, rather then his half brother, who was still alive at the time?

Aemon would have been more ironic, considering he met Aemon Targaryen at the Wall when he joined the Night's Watch.

10 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The three eyed raven is a closed timeloop - its is and has always been Bran. 

Eventually he'll travel physically back in time not just psychically (we've already had some evidence that he can interact with the past). 

In the books he says his name is Brynden and if you look it up he is Brynden Rivers, a guy with quite a history.  https://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/01/game-of-thrones-theorycrafting-who-is-the-three-eyed-raven/  That may or may not mean anything to the TV show though.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Merc14 said:

In the books he says his name is Brynden and if you look it up he is Brynden Rivers, a guy with quite a history.  https://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/01/game-of-thrones-theorycrafting-who-is-the-three-eyed-raven/  That may or may not mean anything to the TV show though.  

Interesting history Merc about the three-eyed-raven (Brynden Rivers).. so Bran isn't 'the one and the same' being the three-eyed-raven too...as to what Mr Hats had earlier touched on :D...(he actually had my mind in a pickle for a while over that one) :lol:..

I think it would have been good tho - if the TV version had adopted the 'one red eye' and the other facial characteristics of the wise old man. It would have seemed much more authentic and far more mystical IMHO.  

15 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

images_11.jpg

• Like 3

Ok, just for fun here are some of my predictions....

We know that Jon and Dany are in for a few shock surprises..as finding out they are....

1- pregnant with twins

2- related

3- Jon is the rightful ruler of the Iron throne. So Dany will now have to bend the knee (so not a happy Dany)

Arya will kill Cersie in the disguise of Jamie. He'll then take their child and ride off into the sunset to live a more peaceful life.

Bran will defeat the Night King and his iced dragon, by riding a fire dragon, whilst also playing bizarre mind games.

Brienne will succumb to Tormunds interest in her, as her biological clock is ticking away..and there really isn't anything else waiting on the horizon as far as her love life is concerned.

Theon will save his sister, but she wont be the same brave and strong person that he once knew.. because of the torment and cruelty that Cersei had put her through, in which Theon will totally relate to. 

Sansa will never marry and she'll continue to flutter about in Winterfell wearing her 'pretty dresses'...

2 hours ago, Astra. said:

Interesting history Merc about the three-eyed-raven (Brynden Rivers).. so Bran isn't 'the one and the same' being the three-eyed-raven too...as to what Mr Hats had earlier touched on :D...(he actually had my mind in a pickle for a while over that one) :lol:..

I think it would have been good tho - if the TV version had adopted the 'one red eye' and the other facial characteristics of the wise old man. It would have seemed much more authentic and far more mystical IMHO.  

Mmmm .... pickled brains.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Astra. said:

3- Jon is the rightful ruler of the Iron throne. So Dany will now have to bend the knee (so not a happy Dany)

Arya will kill Cersie in the disguise of Jamie. He'll then take their child and ride off into the sunset to live a more peaceful life.

Everyone keeps saying things like that but assuming they both survive why hasn't anyone considered that they'll decide to rule together as king and queen instead of one or the other? I could see them doing that.

Wouldn't she have to kill Jamie to get his face?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, F3SS said:

Everyone keeps saying things like that but assuming they both survive why hasn't anyone considered that they'll decide to rule together as king and queen instead of one or the other? I could see them doing that.

Sure it's very possible that neither one of them will die, and they will continue to rule together. My predictions were basically tongue-in-cheek. So don't take it seriously :)..

Great point. The thing is tho - Iv'e never been quite certain in what the rules are as far as Arya being allowed to use any face she likes. Remember last season when she was wearing the face of an ordinary servant girl just before she killed Walder Frey ?

Did she kill this innocent young girl just to borrow her appearance ? Or is she able to take a face off any fresh corpse that she may stumble across ?

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

Sure it's very possible that neither one of them will die, and they will continue to rule together. My predictions were basically tongue-in-cheek. So don't take it seriously :)..

Great point. The thing is tho - Iv'e never been quite certain in what the rules are as far as Arya being allowed to use any face she likes. Remember last season when she was wearing the face of an ordinary servant girl just before she killed Walder Frey ?

Did she kill this innocent young girl just to borrow her appearance ? Or is she able to take a face off any fresh corpse that she may stumble across ?

Hmm, I don't know but I'm pretty sure when she was having her big talk with Sansa about who she is she mentioned killing was required to acquire a face.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, F3SS said:

Why kill Jamie to get to Cersei when Arya can kill Cersei's first advisor or even her banker to get close. Besides I think Jamie has gone through and changed too much to just be written off.

9 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Why kill Jamie to get to Cersei when Arya can kill Cersei's first advisor or even her banker to get close. Besides I think Jamie has gone through and changed too much to just be written off.

She's definitely got tons of options to kill Cersi. Jamie has definitely been on a path to redemption. I think he'll end up on the right side of history but will still die for all the rotten stuff he did. Don't know if someone will kill him or he'll go out intentionally in a blaze of glory.

• Like 1

Miscellaneous thoughts and predictions:

Presumably the main characters will die/survive in a similar way in the TV show to how GRRM plans their story arcs to end in the books.  The trouble is, the TV shows has diverted a long way from the books (that we know - and likely even more so from what is yet to come in them).  Makes it difficult to make predictions ....

I think in the books the "ice dragon" will not be Viserion, but another, older dragon, from the original Dance of Dragons (but I havent yet checked through the details in the "World"  book to see if this is possible).   I think Viserion may die whilst Dany is fighting (f)Aegon in the south though (book).   The TV show just made up the silly "zombie hunt" as a way of giving the Night King a dragon, that he needed for the finale.

If Cersei gets pregnant in the books, I think she will die in childbirth - killed by the "younger sibling" of her other children.

I rather like the idea that it will be Jaime who burns down Kings landing (to destroy a massive zombie army within its walls)
(The more predictable storyline is Jaime kills Cersei to stop her burning down Kings landingm as he did before with Aerys)

If Brienne and Tormund meet in the books, I hope they are the "and they lived happily ever after" couple.   I doubt there willl be many others ....

Jon and Dany will not "live happily ever after".   I think at least one will die. 

Davos will survive.

I thought Val would have an important role to play, but as she hasnt appeared in any form in the TV series I now doubt this. 

I still have no idea what the motivation for the Night King is.   An relentless unstopable army that is just pure evil is not GRRMs way.    Expect twists ....

Melisandre will do something no-one was expecting

I hope GRRM lives to write the final book and that I will live to read it!

Oh, and Bran is not a "deux ex machina" ......  GRRM does not like them.  But what he does and how he ends I dont know.  

Uh Oh...just googled and discovered GRR Martin is 68 years old. Wow, he's older than I am. So now my concern is that he does not die before the ending can be told. I hope he has at least told someone how he wants all this to end (just in case).

If he doesnt finssih the books before he dies - or before I die - then I will kill him!  Thats a promise :D

As an aside, just started re-reading Dance of Dragons, to remind myself of the book story :) 

9 hours ago, F3SS said:

I know, he'll die saving Bran from something.

Never thought of that. fitting.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, F3SS said:

Hmm, I don't know but I'm pretty sure when she was having her big talk with Sansa about who she is she mentioned killing was required to acquire a face.

Ok, as far as Arya goes by having to kill to acquire a face, it seems to me that it would be uncharacteristic of her just to kill anyone who had not wronged her in some way, such as the young girls faces that she was wearing when she killed Walder Frey, and the cruel Meryn Trant in the brothel scene.

I guess since she is carrying around a bag of faces that Sansa discovered, is seems likely that she took them from the 'Wall of Faces'. I remember when she killed Meryn Trant...and Jaqen was not too happy about it, because she went against the rules, and failed one of the tests as to become 'No One'.

Anyway's, fast forwarding all that which came after...and to when she killed the Waif. She was obviously given a free pass to be still accepted into the guild of the faceless men by earning her name as being 'somebody' ie; (Arya Stark from Winterfell). All in all, I'm still somewhat perplexed by Arya's story line when it comes to Jaqen, the Many-faced Gods, and the faceless men with 'No Name'. Maybe things will become a little clearer in the next series where Arya and her bag of faces (as who are they)?.. are concerned.   

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Ok, as far as Arya goes by having to kill to acquire a face, it seems to me that it would be uncharacteristic of her just to kill anyone who had not wronged her in some way, such as the young girls faces that she was wearing when she killed Walder Frey, and the cruel Meryn Trant in the brothel scene.

I guess since she is carrying around a bag of faces that Sansa discovered, is seems likely that she took them from the 'Wall of Faces'. I remember when she killed Meryn Trant...and Jaqen was not too happy about it, because she went against the rules, and failed one of the tests as to become 'No One'.

Anyway's, fast forwarding all that which came after...and to when she killed the Waif. She was obviously given a free pass to be still accepted into the guild of the faceless men by earning her name as being 'somebody' ie; (Arya Stark from Winterfell). All in all, I'm still somewhat perplexed by Arya's story line when it comes to Jaqen, the Many-faced Gods, and the faceless men with 'No Name'. Maybe things will become a little clearer in the next series where Arya and her bag of faces (as who are they)?.. are concerned.   

This may sound crazy but I think Jaqen has been planning Arya's moves all along and he will be back in the final season.

• The topic was unpinned