Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

18 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Nope, season 7 only had seven episodes but some were longer to much longer than regular episodes.  Season 8, the final season, will actually have even fewer episodes if all goes as announced.  

Ahh I C.

I just caught up like 3 weeks ago, and every week kept looking for the next one lol.

Just my personal feeling, but they are riding on a gold mine right now, they shouldn't end it. When does the last season start?

40 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Ahh I C.

I just caught up like 3 weeks ago, and every week kept looking for the next one lol.

Just my personal feeling, but they are riding on a gold mine right now, they shouldn't end it. When does the last season start?

The best guess is 2019, unfortunately, but I am still hoping for late 2018

• 5 weeks later...

If anyone's interested, I just stumbled across some info that the Syfy Channel has recently confirmed it will be making a 10 part TV episode, from the adaptation of GRRM's 1980s novella, Nightflyers. Apparently, the series will be launched in July next year. I'm not sure what it will be like, as the theme is based on science fiction horror, and a far cry from GOT. But it might be worth tuning into, especially being one of Martins works. 

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/can-george-rr-martin-do-it-again-his-nightflyers-novella-is-being-turned-into-a-tv-series/news-story/43f4fd3ce680b07d1dcd4669339116ec

On 2017-11-30 at 2:33 AM, Astra. said:

If anyone's interested, I just stumbled across some info that the Syfy Channel has recently confirmed it will be making a 10 part TV episode, from the adaptation of GRRM's 1980s novella, Nightflyers. Apparently, the series will be launched in July next year. I'm not sure what it will be like, as the theme is based on science fiction horror, and a far cry from GOT. But it might be worth tuning into, especially being one of Martins works. 

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/can-george-rr-martin-do-it-again-his-nightflyers-novella-is-being-turned-into-a-tv-series/news-story/43f4fd3ce680b07d1dcd4669339116ec

Syfy have been doing well with their Channel Zero book adaptations, but I'd still rather see book adaptations heading to the big-budget cable networks (like Starz and American Gods). The cable shows have far less (fewer!) constraints, bigger budgets, more adult-oriented material and infinitely better writers. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2017 at 0:21 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

Syfy have been doing well with their Channel Zero book adaptations, but I'd still rather see book adaptations heading to the big-budget cable networks (like Starz and American Gods). The cable shows have far less (fewer!) constraints, bigger budgets, more adult-oriented material and infinitely better writers. 

Are you channeling Stannis ? :P

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I can't wait to see what Stannis will do in the book.

14 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

game-of-thrones-stannis-fewer.gif

tumblr_inline_oxmohb01b21v4fp6z_500.gif

:ph34r:

8 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I can't wait to see what Stannis will do in the book.

I'm going to go with die.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I'm going to go with die.

Probably, but atleast it can't happen like in the TV series, I really hated that. 

I don't see him surviving in the long run, but I believe he still have an important role to play in the books.

He’ll wander around holding his severed head and telling people it’s just a flesh wound.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've only seen a few episodes, but it was pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I know I'm late to the party, but I've finally finished watching all of the existing episodes.

Now I can actually read what everyone has been saying about the series without accidentally seeing spoilers.

The only downside is, now I have to wait months for the final season. :unsure:

• Like 4

On 14/08/2018 at 4:55 AM, Saru said:

Yes, it sucks doesn't it. :rolleyes:

On 13/08/2018 at 7:55 PM, Saru said:

Yeah, I know I'm late to the party, but I've finally finished watching all of the existing episodes.

Now I can actually read what everyone has been saying about the series without accidentally seeing spoilers.

The obvious solution is to watch it again :D

I always rewatch the previous season a few weeks before the new one is about to start, and have actually rewatched the whole series 4 times or something. Don't think there are many other shows that you can do that with (Breaking Bad, The Wire, maybe a couple of others). There's just so much going on that it's never a chore to watch all over again.

You could also read the books. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Don't think there are many other shows that you can do that with (Breaking Bad, The Wire, maybe a couple of others).

Breaking Bad - excellent show - I've watched it twice now.

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/08/2018 at 4:21 PM, Saru said:

Breaking Bad - excellent show - I've watched it twice now.

Have you seen the alternate ending? 

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, aztek said:

never seen a single episode, will wait till final season comes out on netflix and will watch the hole thing.

I could be wrong but I'm not sure I ever see HBO shows on Netflix. That day may never come.

Just now, F3SS said:

I could be wrong but I'm not sure I ever see HBO shows on Netflix. That day may never come.

you may be right, but i'm sure i will find a channel that shows it one way or the other.

Read all the books.  Determined that the author has no idea where he's going.  Got bored.  Can't force myself to watch a TV show based on a book series that feels like a letdown.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, well, well. WELL. Look what I found --and to discourage gambling, I'm telling you this for entertainment purposes only, and won't tell you what website it's on* (I've even inverted the jpeg so you won't be able to guess from the colour scheme).

image.png.70359f4c415540c56c6681db53c767f0.pngI

...I mean, gambling is a dirty, dirty, dangerous business (I'm obliged to say by the nerdy angel sitting on me shoulder). But _personally, as a reckless sillyboy_ I've put £10 on Ser Davos. Firstly, just because he's my favourite character. Secondly, if he did end up on the Iron Throne, ruling all of Skyrim (or whatever it's called ...'The Seven Kingdoms'?), it would fit with the overall theme of the show, IE non-partisan heroes, people winning out against a stifling class system, everyman soldiers just doing their bit for King and Country. Basically, he's a metaphor for Brexit.

There's also this:

image.png.1f27df7828fdfe4d91b581367f7b271f.png

...well, here's the thing. Have you immediately spotted the bone of contention? Jon Snow. ISN'T THE GUY ALREADY DEAD? 

Beyond that, the odds aren't very special, are they? I guess because the show has always been so bloodthirsty (which is why I now take a broadsword to wedding receptions). I guess the smart money here would be on Wee Man, because, famously, RR Martin has said he's his favourite character --but surely, if that's the case, he'll want to give the guy a dramatic outro, say, a noble self-sacrifice? 

The smarter money still would be to go for someone who's done some villainy in the past, because the show at least has form for bad uns getting their comeuppance _(Palace Dog: 'I'm sorry I ate your face, I thought it was s-s-sausages')_. Therefore, Melisandre, you dirty child-sacrificer ...you're going to win me £2.50.

As I said: Kids, _DO NOT_ gamble. Do not try to figure out what website this is from (although, ironically, Paul 'Thorus' Kaye did once do a TV advert for it).

image.png.6a07eb8f812edf3112384119e491d5fa.png

Personally I think Dani will be a good bet. Jon will die and she'll be left to rule with his child on the way. It matches the bittersweet ending that George said he had planned.

• The topic was unpinned