Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

My theory is .... Arya is no longer Arya, she is no one.

we’ve seen that using faces when you are someone is poisonous.

we know that Walder Frey, his idiot brood and Littlefinger would be one The Nameless God’s List. 

Just because there is a person wearing Arya’s face doing the killing, doesn’t mean it’s her, or if the person doing the killing had Arya’s face but wasn’t wearing a face doesn’t mean it was Arya. Just because the killer reveals themselves as a girl, doesn’t mean she is breaking any rules. Maybe the “contract” stipulated that Walder was to see Arya after being killed.

and how did “Arya” beat Brienne in their fight? Because it’s someone far bigger and stronger thsn waifish Arya wearing her face....

OHH and in the symbolism laiden  teaser trailer, Sansa and the cardboard cut out man Jon Snow both “hear” messages from the past, things thst are meaningful to them. Arya didn’t. 

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

TRAILER HYPE! 

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else freaking out a bit? It's like just over 2 weeks away! Jon better find out he's a Targ in the premier!

Rewatched the latest season in preparation and was once again left with the feeling that this really is the greatest show ever made. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1week...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

1week...

I just resuscribed to HBO Now and I cant freakin wait!!!!!

• Like 1

It's been reported that 1 billion people will be watching it .....

However, I will not be staying up to 2am to watch it here in the UK!    I'll catch up at 9pm on Monday evening, having no doubt already read all the spoilers!

Yeah, I watch it on a Monday as well.

I have a theory: I believe George is waiting until the show ends to reveal the release date of the next book. I think it's already finished and he's writing the last one right now, and it's being put off until after the show finishes so as not to interfere with the hype in any way, since the show is the main moneymaker.

15 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, I watch it on a Monday as well.

I have a theory: I believe George is waiting until the show ends to reveal the release date of the next book. I think it's already finished and he's writing the last one right now, and it's being put off until after the show finishes so as not to interfere with the hype in any way, since the show is the main moneymaker.

Haha that dude is probably spending his days slathered in KFC and *****s no way he writes another one :lol:.

On a serious level though do you know if he is involved in any of the spinoffs?

23 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Haha that dude is probably spending his days slathered in KFC and *****s no way he writes another one :lol:.

On a serious level though do you know if he is involved in any of the spinoffs?

I think he's mostly hands off with the spinoffs. Probably not zero input but I think I remember him saying this in an interview he gave - said he was too busy writing.

I honestly believe what I wrote above. I think we'll see the next book at the end of this year, maybe early next year.

I love the show but I want the real story. I want the wargs and to know what the characters are thinking. 

• Like 1

I`m going for an odd prediction:

King Joffrey is the Ice King and Sansa kills him to take the throne. Everyone else dies.

Some "news" for you guys!....  :st

"German students use algorithm to predict Game Of Thrones deaths."

"Computer science students at a German university have developed an application that scours the internet for data on Game Of Thrones and uses an algorithm to predict which characters are most likely to survive to the end of its final season.

Project supervisor Guy Yachdav, from the Technical University of Munich, said survival rates are predicted using longevity analysis similar to scientific studies used to examine the effects of medical treatments."

http://www.irishnews.com/magazine/technology/2019/04/12/news/german-students-use-algorithm-to-predict-game-of-thrones-deaths-1596489/

What did everyone think of last nights episode? Thought it was a good introduction but also seemed like not enough happened given the shortened season.

Anyway, my theory for how it all ends is Al Gore shows up in Westeros to promote his new documentary. Everyone feels bad and changes their wasteful ways and criss is narrowly averted. The End.

• Like 3

I enjoyed it but at the same time felt a bit underwhelmed. I think the next episode should be better, addressing the stuff that this episode basically set up.

Really interesting that they appear to be fighting the undead before sorting out who controls Westeros. I mean Cersie is horrible, but I don't think she's as big a bad as the Night King.

• Like 3

I have watched a theory on YouTube:

It shows extracts from past episodes were it is pointed out that there is good and evil on both sides. It picks out from the trailer about how people think lies repeated over and over again are the truth. It goes on to put forward the theory that the mad king was good, was character assassinated, is the night king, and is waging war against the south to put his descendant (Jon Snow) onto the throne.

Using clips it also puts forward the view that the Dragon Queen is pregnant with Jon Snows child and that Cersie will capture her then execute her. Jon Snow goes nuts and burns Winterfell to the ground using the dragons, a massive civil war erupts, and Jon Snow is the only one left standing because the Night King will defeat all his enemies one by one for him.

Jaime: 'Need a push?'

Bran: 'Need a hand?'

Jaime: 'Touché'

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Jaime: 'Need a push?'

Bran: 'Need a hand?'

Jaime: 'Touché'

J: don’t stand up.

B: Do you need a hand to finding where you want to go?

J: I’m glad we can leg-go of the past.

B: Well, I have to hand it to you, I was expecting you to be more arrogant.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

It goes on to put forward the theory that the mad king was good, was character assassinated, is the night king, and is waging war against the south to put his descendant (Jon Snow) onto the throne.

The Night King is thousands of years old. We saw him being created by the Children of the Forest in a Bran flashback.

That's a pretty weak theory for me, though they did sort of give us a clue lat season that Dany would get pregnant, so his theory probably has that right.

I'll make a prediction though. Cersie, through her Hand, said she had other plans for Dany in the same scene that Qyburn also mentions she has a keen sense of poetic justice. My guess is that she'll find it funny to burn the 'dragon queen' somehow and Dany will once again walk out unburnt. 

Though I'd love it if Dany ends up walking through fire while in Winterfell, and that's how she gets their support. Maybe surviving the ice dragon's blue fire or something.

Either way, I'm sure she'll walk through fire again at some point. 

• Like 2

On 14/04/2019 at 9:27 PM, Eldorado said:

Some "news" for you guys!....  :st

"German students use algorithm to predict Game Of Thrones deaths."

"Computer science students at a German university have developed an application that scours the internet for data on Game Of Thrones and uses an algorithm to predict which characters are most likely to survive to the end of its final season.

Project supervisor Guy Yachdav, from the Technical University of Munich, said survival rates are predicted using longevity analysis similar to scientific studies used to examine the effects of medical treatments."

http://www.irishnews.com/magazine/technology/2019/04/12/news/german-students-use-algorithm-to-predict-game-of-thrones-deaths-1596489/

My prediction is that one eyed Beric will somehow become the king. He’s survived death 7 times for a reason I’m thinking. 

• Like 1

I finally managed to make the time to watch the latest episode and....I realized I don't care anymore.

I dunno what it is, maybe it's because everybody I liked is either dead or bent beyond recognition (or was unceremoniously dropped from the plot) and I have pretty much nobody left to root for. Maybe it's because the last several seasons have been kinda (and sometimes very) crappy. But I don't feel the same excitement I used to.

A big part of it is probably that my favorite plots where the ones that had absolutely nothing to do with the White Walkers. I pretty much ignored the Night's Watch plot in the earlier seasons, and now everything is the Night's Watch plot. I knew it had to happen, but that doesn't make it better for my personal enjoyment. I liked GoT when it was the Tudors/the Borgias with some fantasy included....now it's Vikings (ewww).
I can't even really get into the intrigue that they try to build up in Winterfell.....because after the last several seasons I'm convinced they just gonna resolve it in a very quick, very stupid and very unsatisfying way (but I would be very happy to be proven wrong)

Edited by Orphalesion

On 4/15/2019 at 2:52 PM, Robotic Jew said:

What did everyone think of last nights episode? Thought it was a good introduction but also seemed like not enough happened given the shortened season.

Anyway, my theory for how it all ends is Al Gore shows up in Westeros to promote his new documentary. Everyone feels bad and changes their wasteful ways and criss is narrowly averted. The End.

No complaints from me save one: it should have been a two hour episode. I had planned my life around that premier for MONTHS the least they could do was give me two hours :lol:

As to how it ends I have a ton of ideas and no ideas all at the same time. Up until they announced spinoffs I had honestly been expecting a huge ending of the Planet of The Apes type sci-fi twist (if you recall the Sopranos HBO isnt so great at finales:lol:) but I cant imagine they would want to mess with the franchise now that its a franchise

On 4/15/2019 at 6:52 PM, Robotic Jew said:

Enjoyed it more on a re-watch last night, seeing the various reunions, subtle looks etc, which was really what the episode was about.  Reminding us of who is who and getting them in place for the big, climatic, battle, which supposedly takes place in episode 3

(what happens after the big battle in episode 3 I have no idea!)

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 11:00 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

The Night King is thousands of years old. We saw him being created by the Children of the Forest in a Bran flashback.

That's a pretty weak theory for me, though they did sort of give us a clue lat season that Dany would get pregnant, so his theory probably has that right.

I'll make a prediction though. Cersie, through her Hand, said she had other plans for Dany in the same scene that Qyburn also mentions she has a keen sense of poetic justice. My guess is that she'll find it funny to burn the 'dragon queen' somehow and Dany will once again walk out unburnt. 

Though I'd love it if Dany ends up walking through fire while in Winterfell, and that's how she gets their support. Maybe surviving the ice dragon's blue fire or something.

Either way, I'm sure she'll walk through fire again at some point. 

The Night King’s eerie sigils on Game of Thrones could have a basis in math

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/16/18311888/game-of-thrones-got-season-8-hbo-final-winterfell-night-king-symbols-spirals-meaning-phi-fibonacci

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 7:47 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

My theory is .... Arya is no longer Arya, she is no one.

we’ve seen that using faces when you are someone is poisonous.

we know that Walder Frey, his idiot brood and Littlefinger would be one The Nameless God’s List. 

Just because there is a person wearing Arya’s face doing the killing, doesn’t mean it’s her, or if the person doing the killing had Arya’s face but wasn’t wearing a face doesn’t mean it was Arya. Just because the killer reveals themselves as a girl, doesn’t mean she is breaking any rules. Maybe the “contract” stipulated that Walder was to see Arya after being killed.

and how did “Arya” beat Brienne in their fight? Because it’s someone far bigger and stronger thsn waifish Arya wearing her face....

OHH and in the symbolism laiden  teaser trailer, Sansa and the cardboard cut out man Jon Snow both “hear” messages from the past, things thst are meaningful to them. Arya didn’t. 

Well, unless there's something else afoot, looks like my theory is caput.

However, if Tormund Giantsbane dies I riot.
Everyone else can die for all I care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

However, if Tormund Giantsbane dies I riot.

That scene with him telling the story of killing a giant and suckling his wife was AMAZING :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I predict a major WTF episode is coming for episode 3, the biggest WTF episode of the entire show.

I predict the Dragon Queen (after finding out about Jon Snows claim) ditches him. She takes the two dragons and flies off leaving them all to die. I predict she also kills Cersei burning Kings Landing to the ground.

The final show off will be the Dragon Queen vs Jon Snow (and maybe one or two of his survivors) vs the Night King. Or maybe the Dragon Queen vs the Night King if Snow doesnt make it.

Edited by RabidMongoose

• The topic was unpinned