Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Link of Hyrule

Dany abandoning them to the Walkers doesn’t quite fit with her nature, she’s become a pragmatist. She’ll fight alongside Team Jon but THEN burn them once the Walkers are defeated. She knows she won’t win anything at all without Team Jon.

• Like 2

I don't get why Dany would be so worried about Jon having a claim to the throne. They are both in love and surely must have thought to themselves that a marriage between the two would be the best course of action. If that happened then they would be king and queen, ruling together, so there would be no real conflicting claims.

I'd have thought that she's be more worried about the fact that he's her nephew.

I have just seen a clip pointing out no one is safe in the crypt.

Because the Night King will raise up the dead down there.

4 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

In one clip in the crypt Dany says:

Spoiler

'The dead are already here'. Pretty sure that hiding in a crypt full of dead people when your enemy can raise the dead is a really, really bad idea.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 11:35 AM, RabidMongoose said:

Most of the dead in the crypt have been dead for a long time. Rickon is fresh. Lyanna fairly fresh. Ned doesn't have a head.

Is there a "statue of limitations" on raising the dead? I don't remember seeing any skeletons among the Night Kings army, but I could have just missed them.

I think the Night King isn't going to be at the battle.  He's heading to King's Landing!

On 23/04/2019 at 3:18 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

I'd have thought that she's be more worried about the fact that he's her nephew.

A true Targaryan isn't afraid of a little incest. :innocent: Remember Danys parents, Jons grandparents, were brother and sister. :wacko: 

• Haha 1

On 23/04/2019 at 11:18 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

I don't get why Dany would be so worried about Jon having a claim to the throne. They are both in love and surely must have thought to themselves that a marriage between the two would be the best course of action. If that happened then they would be king and queen, ruling together, so there would be no real conflicting claims.

From the Targaryen perspective, Stark’s are untrustworthy as they were at the forefront of Robert’s Rebellion. Jon’s a Stark in all but name. A Stark who abandoned his oath to the Nightswatch in order to become king in the north after all.

On 4/23/2019 at 11:18 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

i don't think that Dany will give up or share the throne for love. to kill Jon Snow and all that know the secret is not beyond Dany. i think Jon and his honourable nature are both going to get creamed. 

Emelia Clark commented that the last scene she filmed was something that would leave a poor taste in a few fans mouths and change how people viewed Dany.

It could be her ordering Drogon to gobble up Jon Boy.

18 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Emelia Clark commented that the last scene she filmed was something that would leave a poor taste in a few fans mouths and change how people viewed Dany.

It could be her ordering Drogon to gobble up Jon Boy.

Mate, I really, really wish I hadn't read that. She basically told us there's a twist, and now we know to expect said twist which, in addition to running around my head when I wonder and guess at what it could be that she does, has had its effect ruined because I knew it was coming. ****. 

I hope she was ****ing with us in some way. If not, that's a major spoiler. 

Edit - never mind. The quote was taken out of context and I've saved myself a flight to Australia and a murder charge :D 

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/05/emilia-clarke-cover-story

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Even if there is a twist, which I'm sure there will be, what do you expect? There's definitely gonna be some twisting going on.

On 4/23/2019 at 9:18 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

Her dad was the mad king. That means she might have the crazy in her. 

It was awesome. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 4:19 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

From the Targaryen perspective, Stark’s are untrustworthy as they were at the forefront of Robert’s Rebellion. Jon’s a Stark in all but name. A Stark who abandoned his oath to the Nightswatch in order to become king in the north after all.

He served the Night's Watch until he died. No oath breaking involved.

One of my questions is how in the name of the 7 Gods, did Samwell Tarly survive? It seemed he should have died several times or were my eyes playing tricks? 

Loved all the tie-ins with Arya. Melisandre specifically mentioning the blue eyes again which basically pointed Arya right at the Night King, then quoting Syrio Forel, Arya's first weapons trainer, before Arya goes on to kill the Night King with the knife Bran gave her, the one used in the attack on him that started the whole journey for basically everyone. Then, for a bit of icing on the cake, Arya used the same move she used on Brienne to kill him. 

After giving the character all that though I'm pretty sure she's going to be killed off.

Anyone else think that Qyburn might end up creating his own army of the dead? I think destroying the Army of the Dead might be a slight fake-out, especially since Azor Ahai played no part in it. I think Cersie might be made into a new Night King, before either Jon or Dany (one of which is Azor Ahai) kills her, fulfilling the prophesy.

Thats was disappointing, I was hoping for a wtf episode lol.

So I guess with 3 episodes to go its going to be the dragon queen stabbing Jon Snow in the back?

14 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Thats was disappointing, I was hoping for a wtf episode lol.

So I guess with 3 episodes to go its going to be the dragon queen stabbing Jon Snow in the back?

I think there'll be more to it than that. I honestly think Qyburn might turn Cersie into a Night Queen.

Last night was pretty much what I expected, with maybe less fewer main character deaths. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind

So....the whole Song of Ice and Fire thing, the Dragons, Rhaegar bringing down his dynasty in order to produce Jon the hordes of women in red dresses praising Daenery's central role in the war of the dawn, and, ultimately, even Brann. All of that was complete horse****, eh?

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

So....the whole Song of Ice and Fire thing, the Dragons, Rhaegar bringing down his dynasty in order to produce Jon the hordes of women in red dresses praising Daenery's central role in the war of the dawn, and, ultimately, even Brann. All of that was complete horse****, eh?

I think the director of episode 3 needs sacking.

For the first 30 minutes I struggled to see anything that was going on. Didnt he review his work?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah no, doesn't work in this context, because it means we spent seven years watching the wrong characters and their story line was usurped by a character who hasn't had a decent sotryline since season.....4? Also those damn dragons cam from dead, fossilized eggs, at the same time the WW started coming south....apparently purely by coincidence...
Even the show runners said they only made Arya the one to kill the NK because "Jon is always the hero" (gee, I wonder whether that's because he's one of the two central characters?)

This is more like if the Chosen One in the prequel trilogy would have turned out to be Mace Windu all along. Or if it really had been Neville who was the boy that lived in Harry Potter.

Edited by Orphalesion

34 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Yeah no, doesn't work in this context, because it means we spent seven years watching the wrong characters and their story line was usurped by a character who hasn't had a decent sotryline since season.....4? Also those damn dragons cam from dead, fossilized eggs, at the same time the WW started coming south....apparently purely by coincidence...
Even the show runners said they only made Arya the one to kill the NK because "Jon is always the hero" (gee, I wonder whether that's because he's one of the two central characters?)

This is more like if the Chosen One in the prequel trilogy would have turned out to be Mace Windu all along. Or if it really had been Neville who was the boy that lived in Harry Potter.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you expected them to keep to George's vision after these past 3 years then you haven't been paying attention. 

Also, Azor Ahai is only prophesied to bring peace to the land. It doesn't say he'd be the one to kill the Night King. The same for the Prince who was Promised. Jon still will fulfil the prophesy when he takes the throne.

If you've been watching Arya's arc then her killing the Night King still fits pretty damned well. After all, the guy basically steals the God of Death's prizes when he brings them back. It always made sense to me that the Faceless Men would see the Night King as their worst enemy.

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned