Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thousands of dead fish wash up in Brazil

Saru

Authorities are working to remove several thousand dead fish from Brazil's Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon.

A large amount of organic matter that entered the lagoon as a result of two recent large storms consumed oxygen and brought it down to critically low levels, Carlos Alberto Muniz, the municipal environment secretary, told Efe.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

There has been an awful lot of these incidents in the last few years. If it's not thousands of fish it's usually thousands of birds. Sad.

Edited by Eldorado

wow that is just sad and terrible!!!but i do not believe its the organic matter that is the cause root of the problem.i believe its humans and people in general.all the things humanity does to the planet from chem trails,pollution in the water,sea,lakes and air and etc that is what is causing it.humanity is destroying the planet and life itself without this planet we have nothing to live at the moment guys wake up!!! wake up!!! wake up!!! wake up!!!science and the mainstream media know the truth come on guys.this is not only affecting Brazil but everywhere in the planet

• Like 1

humanity will destroy the planet if we don't learn soon and fast and get out act together.but wait science will find out the answer and solution one day or soon!!! me:but when its too late or it feels like it?if science is strong and almighty why hasn't it solve many things already???

the problem is humanity not all of humanity of course or everybody either just to get that straight and clear

its like in the movie the "day the earth stood still". its not your technology that is the problem that is the problem is "you" and in this case he is talking about "Humanity"

Edited by Andromedan Starseed 333

i want to correct that i meant to say the problem is not your technology the problem is "you" and he refers to humanity

I can't help wondering if the higher than average release of methane from ocean beds in various parts of the world are contributing to this, if the pockets released are condensed enough to displace water and significantly oxygen for any significant period, well ....

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/exclusive-the-methane-time-bomb-938932.html

From the article:

Orjan Gustafsson of Stockholm University in Sweden, one of the leaders of the expedition, described the scale of the methane emissions in an email exchange sent from the Russian research ship Jacob Smirnitskyi.

"We had a hectic finishing of the sampling programme yesterday and this past night," said Dr Gustafsson. "An extensive area of intense methane release was found. At earlier sites we had found elevated levels of dissolved methane. Yesterday, for the first time, we documented a field where the release was so intense that the methane did not have time to dissolve into the seawater but was rising as methane bubbles to the sea surface. These 'methane chimneys' were documented on echo sounder and with seismic [instruments]."

At some locations, methane concentrations reached 100 times background levels.

Of course, I am no biologist so anyone with any expertise is welcome to lay my concerns to rest or otherwise.

There has been an awful lot of these incidents in the last few years. If it's not thousands of fish it's usually thousands of birds. Sad.

It has not just been the last few years, it has been all throughout history.

Humans have not helped, and have caused un natural kills, but ones like this are natural.

To bad Mother Nature can not do this to humans, we need it.

• Like 1

My memory only goes back to 2010 then skips to 1984 -1980 then skips again to 1976-1969 then nothing. :( I blame the drink.

My memory only goes back to 2010 then skips to 1984 -1980 then skips again to 1976-1969 then nothing. :( I blame the drink.

Your memory is wayyyyy better then mine then...Especially 1980-1984, I remember the concerts, I think.

• Like 1

So, you wouldn't mind if Mother nature would put you near the beginning of the long line for the corporeal punishment?...

Be careful what you wish for.

No I would not......And if I had a nickel for every time someone posted that.

• Like 1

STOP EVERYBODY!

THIS IS NOT the End of World or nothing like this!

Just look at simple history, Before jump to conclusions!

The name of the neighborhood is Ipanema, that in the native language means "Bad Water" or "Smelly Water", the lagoon is surrounds by hills and with a short connection to the ocean, after strong rains (specially in the summer season, as now down there) the "spring" water come from the hills and take the levels of the oxigen in the water to a low level when the sun comeback and heat up the water mirror.

check on Google map with you dont belive, right under the statue of Christ!

Maybe they are those millions of tons of dead fish that the EU throws back into the sea every year.

No I would not.......[...]

Ok then

runs to chat with Gods of Earth, Skies, Water, and Fire

[...].And if I had a nickel for every time someone posted that.

Same here: if I had a nickel for every time I heard "declarations" similar to yours...

You know what's stupid? People that say if I had a nickel.

I mean lets say it happened every day and you started at age ten and you're sixty now. That's fifty year nickel a day its only nine hundred bucks, so, yeah, ****

• Like 2

Humans have not helped, and have caused un natural kills, but ones like this are natural.

To bad Mother Nature can not do this to humans, we need it.

I dont know where your head is but,dang man,Ok lets put it this way,If mother nature desides to do that with humanity You too will be killed,your family would be killed,your friends and anyother human would be too, I say no,No to mother nature doing that and No to you ,If you want to die by all means do it where we dont and cant see it and surly cant read about it,Quit trying to kill everybody and just think of yourself in that matter,No Respect for someone who wishes Ill on all humanity.Why not say something like Mother nature needs to rid the world of EVIL PEOPLE,CHILD KILLERS and People like that,Surly not all humanity is responsable for that kind of outcome but to wish all humanity to die makes you less than a human,Dont belittle yourself like that, All Humanity isnt bad,Just a few.

I dont know where your head is but,dang man,Ok lets put it this way,If mother nature desides to do that with humanity You too will be killed,your family would be killed,your friends and anyother human would be too, I say no,No to mother nature doing that and No to you ,If you want to die by all means do it where we dont and cant see it and surly cant read about it,Quit trying to kill everybody and just think of yourself in that matter,No Respect for someone who wishes Ill on all humanity.Why not say something like Mother nature needs to rid the world of EVIL PEOPLE,CHILD KILLERS and People like that,Surly not all humanity is responsable for that kind of outcome but to wish all humanity to die makes you less than a human,Dont belittle yourself like that, All Humanity isnt bad,Just a few.

Never wished for all of humanity to be killed. I just think humans are over populated, and it is past time for our " herd " to be brought down to a sustainable level.

But there is all ready a topic for that :)