Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thieves steal entire bridge

Still Waters

In a most unusual incident thieves on Monday stole an entire bridge, apparently for its scrap metal, in the western province of Kocaeli.

The 22-ton bridge, which was 25 meters long, was in a village in Kocaeli's Gölçük district and was regularly used by villagers to cross a creek to reach their orchards. The villagers were astonished to discover the disappearance of the bridge on Monday morning as they were making their way to the orchards and immediately alerted the police.

http://www.todayszam...ern-turkey.html

• Like 2

It should be easy to find. Try the scrap-metal dealer's place.

• Like 2

One 3 axle truck would be enough for the get away vehicle but i'm guessing 4 or 5 coaches for the team big enough to dismantle a bridge in what i assume to be overnight,maybe the villager that was shocked was the only one not in on it

• Like 1

Meanwhile a neighboring village celebrates the opening of their new bridge....

Or an Arizona Indian reservation.The Auf Wildersehn lads have been shifting it alright...

Edited by G Donnelly
  • Like 1

The village is also known as Deaf Town.

Hahahhahaa!!! So true.

• Like 1

Anyone else besides myself see the humor in this???

Those bloody trolls moved house again.

• Like 1

Omg dude this is just too nice! The skill and steady-fast hands required to pull off this maneuver must have been a sight to spectate... UM i thank you for makin' my day! ;)

Well i guess we now know where the term village idiot originated from,the evolutionary path for village idiots leads straight back in time to these very people :lol:

In a most unusual incident thieves on Monday stole an entire bridge, apparently for its scrap metal, in the western province of Kocaeli.

The 22-ton bridge, which was 25 meters long, was in a village in Kocaeli's Gölçük district and was regularly used by villagers to cross a creek to reach their orchards. The villagers were astonished to discover the disappearance of the bridge on Monday morning as they were making their way to the orchards and immediately alerted the police.

http://www.todayszam...ern-turkey.html

Wow so it really is a global problem, its huge in the UK with war memorials, train tracks etc etc being stolen people risking their lives stealing cables from electrical distribution centres, with hundreds of thousands of volts pulsing thru them, but a complete bridge being stolen its not funny but lol

• Like 1

AHAHAHAHA turds.

Poor farmers.

Oh the possibilities though lol. Aliens, Freak Flash Flooding, Government Conspiricy, Corporate Conspiracy.

Hope they get their bridge back soon. Time to get ATV's maybe?

• Like 1

Hats off for determination!

Who wakes up and says to themselves, 'i'm going to steal a bridge today...'

Edited by Odds
  • Like 1

In America we have thieves who like stealing copper wire, even if it is live electric cable running on overhead poles. Of course sometimes this is a self limiting problem and a Darwin Award nominee or two.

• Like 1

that's just crazy and hella messed up.whoever these people are i hope they get caught and punished.anyway they want money but work for it you know.

• Like 1

Metal theft is a big problem here in the UK too. So much so that they have now changed the law so you can't just weight it in for cash any more. Even grave plaques and memorials have been stolen, which is just low.

• Like 1

i like the scene and beautiful body of water in the picture!but that's messed up though stealing the bridge.

• Like 1