Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The U.S. is stockpiling smallpox drugs

Still Waters

Well, the government's job is to be prepared for such possibilities. I was under the impression that country's stockpiled these types of vaccines already anyway, replenishing their stocks as they expire. If that's bit the case, and assuming that there's no secret information that they know that we don't, I think this is more likely to be a salesman capitalizing on the global situation rather than the gov being in cahoots with big pharma. A salesman probably took advantage of the NK threats and used it in a sales pitch that succeeded.

Stellar, if big government was a girl you would propose marriage, so not surprised that you think it's fine for a bankrupt government to spend billions on a vaacine for a disease that was wiped out 100 years ago. Edited by OverSword

Stellar, if big government was a girl you would propose marriage, so not surprised that you think it's fine for a bankrupt government to spend billions on a vaacine for a disease that was wiped out 100 years ago.

OverSword: If big government was a child, you would still execute it because of how much you despise the establishment. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Project BioShield ... proposed by Bush jr. ... and passed into law in 2004? Project BioShield is a ten year 'project' worth BILLIONS (with built in renewals) . And huge built in monetary INCENTIVES ... And one powerful new change which allows for the purcha$e of Unapproved "products" .. at Lower Cost than Approved. (hello?)

So far we can thank this act for huge and extremely costly stockpiles of UNUSED vaccines for ANTHRAX!! ... and BIRD FLU !!*! ... and SWINE FLU!!!*

All of these THREATS never materialized ... (thank goodness) .. but ,, uh...... .. and now its the threat of smallpox. ..Hogwa$h.

Here is a must see report/sales pitch on project BioShield.. prepared for Congress . ! Everyone really should see this .

http://www.law.umary...507B_832004.pdf

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

Thanks lightly. This from lightly's PDF about sums it up.

Relaxing Acquisition Procedures.

The Project BioShield Act of 2004 (P.L.

108-276) relaxes procedures under the Federal Acquisition Regulation for procuring

property or services used in performing, administering, or supporting biomedical

countermeasure R&D. The act increases the maximum, from $100,000 to $25 million,

for contracts awarded under simplified acquisition procedures. It also allows these

purchases using other than full and open competition.

Doe anyone else smell pork????? Methinks a senators brother-inlaw owns a bio med company.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Too bad we can't immunize our government against pork flu. It may be possible that there might remotely be a chance of a smallpox threat... But I think it more likely this is about money rather than preparedness.

• Like 1

I sure hope its about money and not that they know something we don't.

• Like 1

Thanks lightly. This from lightly's PDF about sums it up.

Relaxing Acquisition Procedures.

The Project BioShield Act of 2004 (P.L.

108-276) relaxes procedures under the Federal Acquisition Regulation for procuring

property or services used in performing, administering, or supporting biomedical

countermeasure R&D. The act increases the maximum, from $100,000 to $25 million,

for contracts awarded under simplified acquisition procedures. It also allows these

purchases using other than full and open competition.

Doe anyone else smell pork????? Methinks a senators brother-inlaw owns a bio med company.

Yer Welcome! .. i was flabbergasted when i read about how the Project BioShield Act is constructed. This thing was Designed to drain as much money as possible out of the till and into pockets! I'm not saying that a bio attack is out of the realm of possibility... or that it's necessarily 'wrong' to be prepared... BUT, this thing stinks to high heaven.

And to think ... this is just one example of a Multitude of money making schemes . Our money.... "their" schemes. We're being bled dry by these sorts of things... and all anybody ever b****es about is Social security and Medicare/Aid. Do i sound bitter? LOLy

This was in doomsday preppers recently.

Pretty funny too: This guy who was preparing for a smallpox attack and he would be able to save himself by moving to a mountain top place etc.

And in the end the narrator says : "another flaw could be that the government takes smallpox into account and has enough vaccinations to save the population.

LOL, there goes his hobby..