Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

theory of everything

henry9449

Thanks for the response. I believe you're right, words don't always convey the totality of an experience, they are often simply descriptive, but lacking essence. Symbols or mind pictures help me encapsulate those experiences better than words, but are still inadequate.

~snip~

YOu are welcome

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Werner_Heisenberg

• Reality is in the observations, not in the electron.

• We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning.
    • This has also appeared in the alternate form: "What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning."

It turns out that all life is interconnected with all other life - Richard Feynman (1918-1988)

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

Nature knows no indecencies; man invents them - Mark Twain

more here

YOu are welcome

http://en.wikiquote....rner_Heisenberg

It turns out that all life is interconnected with all other life - Richard Feynman (1918-1988)

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

Nature knows no indecencies; man invents them - Mark Twain

more here

I love that quote about observation & nature. I realized some months ago that I am probably only seeing what my beliefs allow me to see, so my practice this year is to ignore/discard as many beliefs as I can identify, in the hope that I will see more of what's really here, instead of what I've trained myself to see.

I love that quote about observation & nature. I realized some months ago that I am probably only seeing what my beliefs allow me to see, so my practice this year is to ignore/discard as many beliefs as I can identify, in the hope that I will see more of what's really here, instead of what I've trained myself to see.

If you were in a temple in the olde days the "Master" would've whack you 4 times over the head with those four statements.

The old Zen stories is filled with lovely stories of the great Masters, I've read of more than a whack on the heads for disciples giving such answers to the "teachers' :lol:

there will never be a 'theory of everything' the best science can manage is 'everything in a theory'

seems same but most assuredly it is not

the obstacle or problem is not with Science but the 'observers'

If you were in a temple in the olde days the "Master" would've whack you 4 times over the head with those four statements.

The old Zen stories is filled with lovely stories of the great Masters, I've read of more than a whack on the heads for disciples giving such answers to the "teachers' :lol:

there will never be a 'theory of everything' the best science can manage is 'everything in a theory'

Is it really necessary to speak like Yoda from Star Wars when discussing Philosophy??? This thread is so introspective as to ignore reality. Some people here need to read Plato..IMO

• Like 1

Is it really necessary to speak like Yoda from Star Wars when discussing Philosophy??? This thread is so introspective as to ignore reality. Some people here need to read Plato..IMO

sorry, I learned English from Big Bird and Company on Sesame Street, and Electric COmpany

• Like 1

I've been whacked before and all it's ever done is really tick me off and caused the whacker to regret their actions. I'm not a disciple, nor a student, nor giving answers to teachers, nor looking for a theory of everything. Just sharing my thoughts about my personal journey. As I understand it, there's no right or wrong to following wherever my path leads me, the error would be in following someone else's path rather than my own.

Brace yourself dude... "You" don't exist. What you think is "you" is an amalgamation of ideas and thoughts that you have pulled together throughout your life. You picked it all up from your environment based on what appealed to you. You are not, and yet you are.

If you can handle that, the way forward is open.

• Like 1

how do you enter a world with no doors or gates ?

how do you travel a path with no path or roads ?

what is the sound of one hand clapping ?

This thread is starting to get spooky.

• Like 1

within the circle is a point , set represented our life. an there are an infinite numbers with in the circle the circle represents our universe. thus infinite lives within the universe now consider that t here are an infinite number of circles. at some point the circle is full an and the points touch other thus muli dimension.and an expatiation for dej vue

I'd rather speak about a ball than about a mere circle only. Long ago we had been speaking about the core of universe as about a ball and then there was mentioned the ball of all the balls, the Centre of everything (of all the universes). But it is too simple, insufficient and not enough for us. We know an all-shape. It is all-and-none-shape in one and there is a calculation of everything that comprises this all-shape.

When people try to imagine what their self might be, I suppose they picture a "mini-me" in their brain watching and listening and pushing buttons and pulling levers.

The question arises, what sort of self is in that mini-me? Another, more-mini-me inside its head to for your self what your self does for you?

And of course this can go all the way down far beyond the turtles.

The model that we have a self or are a self is obviously wrong. When I speak of "I" and you speak of "you," we are using a shorthand for something else that maybe we don't really get.

Mind is not brain, but obviously needs brain to do its thing, or at least much of its thing (in particular store and retreive memories). The main point is that mind is not a thing, but more like a process -- this leads to that which leads to something else, what we call a stream of consciousness -- you never cross the same river twice.

• Like 1

When we write we make a dot first,then an alphabet and then words,sentences and books and books and knowledge appears as infinity...........

hence theirs a focal point or a beginning extending to eternity,

before the big bang their is a point ................bang and explosion to infinity............

a sinfle stimulus in our mind can then extend to an infinite sequence of thought

what is infinite will confuse so focussing on the focus of a conversation,concept,idea results in summary and grasping of core concept............

being with the point we can be with infinity also,lost in infinity we will simpy get confused without being with the focal point,

hence in yoga we call it Bindu and meditate on it..........................:)

plz dont mind my blabbering i can't help myself i like philosophy

the theory of everything involves "a spiral spiraling in a spiral" in twelve different dimensions

the maths says 'yes' with a lot of 'presumptive theorem's

they haven't made space for Chaos fractals yet