Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

theory of everything

henry9449

within the circle is a point , set represented our life. an there are an infinite numbers with in the circle the circle represents our universe. thus infinite lives within the universe now consider that t here are an infinite number of circles. at some point the circle is full an and the points touch other thus muli dimension.and an expatiation for dej vue

Edited by henry9449

I used to have the concept of myself as a point within a circle, still and quiet, with the circle or wheel turning around me indicating the passage of time, experiences, etc, like the Native American medicine wheel. A couple of weeks ago I realized how limiting that idea is, of being enclosed within a circle, so I changed the image in my mind to just me being a point or small dot in the infinite. This new image makes me a little anxious, because, I think, the idea of being enclosed made me feel safe or protected, in the way that small children find comfort in being confined in a small space. If there is a circle, it's so big my imagination can't encompass it.

Welcome to UM, Henry :yes: I don't think I've greeted you before.

I think a TOE(theory of everything) is incomprehensible.

Just look at quantum physics. It has been said by many reputable scientists that the extended details are so bizarre that it could drive a person insane if excessively dwelled on.

Hopefully this will not be the case as time goes on...

• Like 1

our relationship to each other is all interconnected thus as hemenway said the death of even one person diminishes me

consider the gravitational effect of merging points or lives within the circle as a whole ;;spin,contract expand cause and effect!!

our relationship to each other is all interconnected thus as hemenway said the death of even one person diminishes me

In a world with an every increasing population does it then follow that the birth of a persons exalts us?

• Like 1

if you know for certainty that where you stand is 'center'

then by default you are at the center of infinite circles of infinite circumference

one single point ...... and everything that is a circle is centered on it

In a world with an every increasing population does it then follow that the birth of a persons exalts us?

perhaps it depends on the person and their contribution

within the circle is a point , set represented our life. an there are an infinite numbers with in the circle the circle represents our universe. thus infinite lives within the universe now consider that t here are an infinite number of circles. at some point the circle is full an and the points touch other thus muli dimension.and an expatiation for dej vue

As far a circles go, our personal mind can be considered a circle of infinite radius. The point at its center is our unique psychological mind containing our experiences, memories, knowledge, thoughts, etc. Our conceptional consciousness. When we are free of this small mind (point) we experience our infinite mind.

This kind of unfettered mind is the same mind everyone has, so if we take this infinite circle (mind) as everyone's circle, in this sense henry9449 may be right.

• Like 3

consider the gravitational effect of merging points or lives within the circle as a whole ;;spin,contract expand cause and effect!!

As far a circles go, our personal mind can be considered a circle of infinite radius. The point at its center is our unique psychological mind containing our experiences, memories, knowledge, thoughts, etc. Our conceptional consciousness. When we are free of this small mind (point) we experience our infinite mind.

This kind of unfettered mind is the same mind everyone has, so if we take this infinite circle (mind) as everyone's circle, in this sense henry9449 may be right.

very true

Snip

Edited by Seeker79

I used to have the concept of myself as a point within a circle, still and quiet, with the circle or wheel turning around me indicating the passage of time, experiences, etc, like the Native American medicine wheel. A couple of weeks ago I realized how limiting that idea is, of being enclosed within a circle, so I changed the image in my mind to just me being a point or small dot in the infinite. This new image makes me a little anxious, because, I think, the idea of being enclosed made me feel safe or protected, in the way that small children find comfort in being confined in a small space. If there is a circle, it's so big my imagination can't encompass it.

Your symbols are your own of course but you missed the concept behind the medicine wheel... It's about infinity and connectivity... Never about constraint. But indeed, listen to your inner voice about what symbols you choose.

if you know for certainty that where you stand is 'center'

then by default you are at the center of infinite circles of infinite circumference

one single point ...... and everything that is a circle is centered on it

How could we know for certain that where we stand is center? I'm interested in the answer because while reading this I just realized that in the picture in my mind I AM in the center, but I don't have any proof of that. From a personal perspective I am the center without a circle, but I have absolutely no proof that this is so. If I were, say, on the far left of the universe, then would I still be in the center? Maybe so if the universe is infinite, but there's no certainty this is so, then where to we stand, literally? And the cosmological model has the universe being flat. I just read that, I think it's weird, because for me it clearly has depth. Anyhoo, I haven't believed for a while that I'm the center of anything in a meaningful sense, so now I practice getting over myself. Now THAT is hard work!

• Like 1

I haven't believed for a while that I'm the center of anything in a meaningful sense, so now I practice getting over myself. Now THAT is hard work!

Pretty good. As for the rest of your comment, we, of course, are centered in ourselves, that would be our own circle which also includes parts of others circles.

In another sense, the universe is centered in us as we are the universe being aware of itself. I think all this circle talk is relevant only if our minds are limited in some way. Even though awareness or consciousness is fundamentally the same for everyone, I think this is the only aspect of mind that we share.

I'm not sure I buy into the idea that some sort of universal Mind exists, and that our individual consciousness are small parts of that. I think its an illusion caused by the fact that we are all similar as human beings.

On the other hand, we may be connected to a universal Mind in such a way that our thinking mind does not comprehend or is not always aware of.

I think I'm still on the OP's subject, but I'm not sure of that either.

(If the universe is indeed flat, maybe that exonerates the stance of The Flat Earth Society.)

How could we know for certain that where we stand is center? I'm interested in the answer because while reading this I just realized that in the picture in my mind I AM in the center, but I don't have any proof of that. From a personal perspective I am the center without a circle, but I have absolutely no proof that this is so. If I were, say, on the far left of the universe, then would I still be in the center? Maybe so if the universe is infinite, but there's no certainty this is so, then where to we stand, literally? And the cosmological model has the universe being flat. I just read that, I think it's weird, because for me it clearly has depth. Anyhoo, I haven't believed for a while that I'm the center of anything in a meaningful sense, so now I practice getting over myself. Now THAT is hard work!

you are definitively on the right tract keep going till the fog clears

When they say the universe is "flat" they mean that it doesn't curve, but stays Euclidean. Do a little study on the subject of dimensions.

atleast say a sphere coz 3d is better dont u think

• Like 1

When they say the universe is "flat" they mean that it doesn't curve, but stays Euclidean. Do a little study on the subject of dimensions.

Thanks for the info, it's helpful. All to often my ignorance shows, but it happens so often I'm used to it, and I'm always happy to learn something new.

Pretty good. As for the rest of your comment, we, of course, are centered in ourselves, that would be our own circle which also includes parts of others circles.

In another sense, the universe is centered in us as we are the universe being aware of itself. I think all this circle talk is relevant only if our minds are limited in some way. Even though awareness or consciousness is fundamentally the same for everyone, I think this is the only aspect of mind that we share.

I'm not sure I buy into the idea that some sort of universal Mind exists, and that our individual consciousness are small parts of that. I think its an illusion caused by the fact that we are all similar as human beings.

On the other hand, we may be connected to a universal Mind in such a way that our thinking mind does not comprehend or is not always aware of.

I think I'm still on the OP's subject, but I'm not sure of that either.

(If the universe is indeed flat, maybe that exonerates the stance of The Flat Earth Society.)

No, I no longer believe in a universal mind. My belief these days tends towards informed energy, but that could change any time. I'm really not much of a philosopher any more, or much interested in the BIG questions. I leave those to people more knowledgeable than I. What I look for these days is practical knowledge that helps guide my daily life, I suppose I'm a pragmatist by nature. I used to believe that there was one big truth or explanation or understanding, now I just chop wood and carry water. Which I can easily do.

And hey, shouldn't a theory of everything include chocolate?

Edited by Beany

Just chopping wood and carrying water is enough. That's sort of a theory of everything anyway.

Just chopping wood and carrying water is enough. That's sort of a theory of everything anyway.

It's funny, the more I learned the more I realized how little I really knew, sort of like that story of the monk who overfilled the tea cup and told his student he had to empty the cup/his mind, before he could learn anything. It's ironic that all my studying & learning led me back to an empty space. Now I'm trying to keep it empty, hoping that I'll see or understand something I haven't seen before, because of too many tress in the forest! but hey, I'm happy to be able to chop wood & carry water, and it's right in my skill range.

• Like 1

You are lacking in patience and not in tuned with the pace of your understanding,

I wanted to post something substantial in words to your queries but I either go two pages too far or babbling for two paragraphs. :lol:

You are approaching a problem with words that is poorly reflected in the meanings it conveys. Words will not carry your thoughts anywhere.

You need to 'experience it' really experience it, where logic, sense and sanity cannot deny the experience you are feeling/sensing

That is using your sense to really 'sense' the world without your pre conceived sense telling you what you are or should be sensing, things that you translate into words from your logic.

Words only translate a 'state' and is never accurate when it applies to 'experience'

For instance :

I am happy you can feel happy for me but you will never feel my happiness

Giving you the word happy does not transfer 'happy' to you

Giving you the word 'center' does not transfer a center to you

So the words enlightenment , awareness , mystical resurrection , are just words giving a picture of a world that is the world as it is, without the tyranny of meanings and definitions, life as in tunes with the great nature of everything, from the ground beneath your feet to the furthest expanse of the known and unknown universe.

Words cannot explain it because it doesn't submit to the rules that words needs to 'define' or 'convey' something

So your 'circle' is not really a 'circle' just as atoms spinning is not really 'spinning'

So my center and your center is not really a center or 'the' center

It is all meaningless in the 'real' center

If your words can transfer the 'experience' of a bungie jump to one who has not

Then no one needs to bungie jump at all

If the words of the 'Teachers' can transfer an experience of enlightenment to one who has not

Then everyone would be enlightened in a fortnight

Only we ourselves can experience enlightenment by our awareness

We are living in it but our senses are trained to make us sense the way everyone has been taught to sense in a common world.

The center is not the destiny, it is not even a path, it is merely a focus where everything happens.

Like most of us all ... you over think with purpose,

• Like 2

You are lacking in patience and not in tuned with the pace of your understanding,

I wanted to post something substantial in words to your queries but I either go two pages too far or babbling for two paragraphs. :lol:

You are approaching a problem with words that is poorly reflected in the meanings it conveys. Words will not carry your thoughts anywhere.

You need to 'experience it' really experience it, where logic, sense and sanity cannot deny the experience you are feeling/sensing

That is using your sense to really 'sense' the world without your pre conceived sense telling you what you are or should be sensing, things that you translate into words from your logic.

Words only translate a 'state' and is never accurate when it applies to 'experience'

For instance :

I am happy you can feel happy for me but you will never feel my happiness

Giving you the word happy does not transfer 'happy' to you

Giving you the word 'center' does not transfer a center to you

So the words enlightenment , awareness , mystical resurrection , are just words giving a picture of a world that is the world as it is, without the tyranny of meanings and definitions, life as in tunes with the great nature of everything, from the ground beneath your feet to the furthest expanse of the known and unknown universe.

Words cannot explain it because it doesn't submit to the rules that words needs to 'define' or 'convey' something

So your 'circle' is not really a 'circle' just as atoms spinning is not really 'spinning'

So my center and your center is not really a center or 'the' center

It is all meaningless in the 'real' center

If your words can transfer the 'experience' of a bungie jump to one who has not

Then no one needs to bungie jump at all

If the words of the 'Teachers' can transfer an experience of enlightenment to one who has not

Then everyone would be enlightened in a fortnight

Only we ourselves can experience enlightenment by our awareness

We are living in it but our senses are trained to make us sense the way everyone has been taught to sense in a common world.

The center is not the destiny, it is not even a path, it is merely a focus where everything happens.

Like most of us all ... you over think with purpose,

Thanks for the response. I believe you're right, words don't always convey the totality of an experience, they are often simply descriptive, but lacking essence. Symbols or mind pictures help me encapsulate those experiences better than words, but are still inadequate. Here's my thing: I don't see myself as the center of anything, but a small piece of a far greater whole that encompasses my and that I carry within me. That picture in my mind's eye, of myself as a speck with no circle around me, or in a circle too big to imagine conveys that to me. As someone said earlier, we bring our own meaning to pictures or symbols. Where this thinking about the big picture has brought me is down to the smaller picture, my every day life, lived moment by moment, it's here where I believe my life counts most, at least to myself, my family, my friends, neighbors, co-workers. the universe will continue to roll along regardless of what I do or think, but the moments of my life is my sphere of influence, and I do my best to handle that. Feel free to PM me, it sounds like you have something important to say.

Edited by Beany