Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'I'm probably doing the wrong thing here'

Commander CMG

A top judge has said he was 'probably doing the wrong thing' as he let a burglar walk free.

Judge Simon Bourne-Arton QC made the comment as he sentenced Jason Dalfred Wheatley who was once given a three-year jail-term for being a passenger in a stolen car which killed an eight-year-old boy.

Read more

Wheatley's an idiot, he should've given him double for the "I dont care" -attitute. Some people succumb to crimes when it's the last straw but this isn't like that.

• Like 2

Wow. Having read the article, this is shocking.

• Like 2

the judge, knew he was wrong not sending him straight to jail so why suspend the sentence? the judge did say its his last chance but how many chances do you give someone before enough is enough. some people in society are just a bloody nuisance. and should be locked up for a very long time in some sort of labour camp.

• Like 2

One last chance?? for what, to get into another stolen car which kills another child? How about another chance of burglary and this time..not getting caught?!!!

The next victim to this cretin should hold the judge fully responsible and the judge should be locked up with him.

There is a law where you can be charged with handling stolen goods, this judge is doing the same sort of thing, handling the dodgy goods and passing them on to the next unsuspecting victim.

The only person or people who should be passing sentence are the victims, and I believe this should be the case in most crimes.

• Like 2

Sometimes I think people are given too many chances. If they repeat their actions after a second chance I think you can expect it to happen again. Some people never change.

• Like 3

I firmly believe that our government is trying to push us in to civil unrest.

With the courts handing out stupid sentences like this one and the bloke caught trying to groom a 11 year old girl left to go free..full story here http://www.dailymail...child-next.html

Plus benefit cuts,ATOS pushing disabled people into work,bedroom tax ect..

• Like 1

Sometimes I think people are given too many chances. If they repeat their actions after a second chance I think you can expect it to happen again. Some people never change.

unfortunately, many of the younger generation do not feel the need to change, why should they when you have judges like this or all the do gooders out there defending their actions.?

The one thing that does change is the fact that as these career criminals keep getting off lightly, they learn more and more about the law and their "rights", so unless they end up getting shot or stabbed by another cretin or end up on some lab slab from an overdose, they will carry on as long as there is no real deterant.

We know that some will grow out of it, but I believe far more would think twice if the law was not on their side but on the side of the victims and potential victims too!!

Prevention is the key, we have too many cases of re offenders and we the public should be able to protect ourselves from career criminals, so let us decide their fate!

Edited by freetoroam

I firmly believe that our government is trying to push us in to civil unrest.

With the courts handing out stupid sentences like this one and the bloke caught trying to groom a 11 year old girl left to go free..full story here http://www.dailymail...child-next.html

Plus benefit cuts,ATOS pushing disabled people into work,bedroom tax ect..

Theres too many benefits

Theres too many benefits

Yep, and to the criminals our judges are just one of them!!

I agree but they are targeting the wrong ones and going about cutting them in totally the wrong way.

I know someone who is going to have to not attend the collage course he wanted to as his parents can't afford to move or pay the extra rent because his room will be empty while he's at collage..how is that helping the country??

As for unemployment the vast majority of unemployed are the ones that have never had a job,These people will be looking for low paid entry level jobs as everyone does for thier first job.

The low paid entry level jobs are being taken by immigrants mainly as they will work for less pay.

Judges are so out of touch that the only way anyone is going to get a lenthy prison sentence is to not pay your taxes.

• Like 3

Theres too many benefits

There's to much inequality in this country as well.

The hypocrisy of my country never ceases to amaze me as we look down on the poor and the media and right wing government fuel hate toward those on benefits while the corrupt bankers who caused all the mess are rewarded or treated with indifference by the general populace who find it much easier to denigrate those they perceive to be below them on the social ladder and not those above.

Edited by yearofthehater
  • Like 4