Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

hair or clothes tugged when alone?

Leslie_1978

I wonder if I'm crazy or something really does the tugging..Its happened too many times to count. Tell me if u ever had this happen to u or explain why atleast.

Hi Leslie,

Can you elaborate a bit on what's happening to you? How long has it been going on for? How frequently does it happen? Is it at different times?

And welcome to UM :)

Its been going on for as long as I can remember. And it happens when Im either alone or right as Im falling asleep. One night a few weeks ago I felt such a hard push against my bed that I thought one of my kids was up.

That doesn't sound particularly nice. Have you tried to "talk" to it and tell it to leave? I'm assuming it is getting worse which is why you've posted on here?

It's probably sleep paralysis, <google this and you'll find that many people have similar experiences.

• Like 1

I had a coat on in the basement and i was tugged it was the back of the coat above my waste it was a hard tug it did not scare me

Nah, your just trying to "self-pleasure"

Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

When my two sons were sharing an apartment they used to get lightly pinched, like it was a gesture of affection, not anything painful. When they moved, it stopped.

• 4 weeks later...

If it happens while you're trying to sleep, it's probably a sleep disorder of some sort along the lines of SP.

Its been going on for as long as I can remember. And it happens when Im either alone or right as Im falling asleep. One night a few weeks ago I felt such a hard push against my bed that I thought one of my kids was up.

Right as you're falling asleep?

When I first read the OP, I was going to suggest the kind of muscle spasms and twitches I get when I'm tired (I keep strange hours (I've worked a lot of shift work in my time) and don't sleep very well).

But this kinda confirms my suspicions. When I'm dropping off to sleep, apart from the common enough experience of feeling like you're falling and you suddenly jerk awake, I regularly get minor twitches that feel like an arm being suddenly tugged, a tiny electric shock going through my neck, someone pulling at my toe, etc.

Perhaps you just need some regular quality sleep.

• Like 1

I've just re-read this and yes it does sound like it's more related to sleep rather than anything unusual. I've had what I've thought was someone shouting in my ear just as I've been falling asleep and I jumped out of my skin. I know that was my imagination (at least I hope it was!) but agree with Archimedes here. I'm not sure the OP will return but would be interesting to know if these events happen at any other time other than trying to sleep.

I've just re-read this and yes it does sound like it's more related to sleep rather than anything unusual. I've had what I've thought was someone shouting in my ear just as I've been falling asleep and I jumped out of my skin. I know that was my imagination (at least I hope it was!) but agree with Archimedes here. I'm not sure the OP will return but would be interesting to know if these events happen at any other time other than trying to sleep.

I've heard a voice twice now, as I was going to sleep. It is unsettling but I agree, it's part of going to sleep and not a ghost voice. The first time I heard a voice was years ago at Mom's house, drifting off to sleep, and I hear a voice that said, "sure". It sounded like a skater dude, nobody in my family sounds like that, and it was in my ear. I was alone.

Second time I heard my daughter sat "mom" but she was in bed asleep when I got up to see what she wanted. And she is hard to wake up so I know that one was in my head too.

I've heard a voice twice now, as I was going to sleep. It is unsettling but I agree, it's part of going to sleep and not a ghost voice. The first time I heard a voice was years ago at Mom's house, drifting off to sleep, and I hear a voice that said, "sure". It sounded like a skater dude, nobody in my family sounds like that, and it was in my ear. I was alone.

Second time I heard my daughter sat "mom" but she was in bed asleep when I got up to see what she wanted. And she is hard to wake up so I know that one was in my head too.

I remember a post about this elsewhere on the forum. It's called exploding head syndrome http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome

Quite freaky when it happens!

This happens to me too, and it's not sp because I'm wide awake while reading or just laying down texting. I feel a hand caressing my hair and I feel it kinda scraping my scalp but not in a painful way. Last night I felt it caressing my head and instead of jerking or elbowing it I stayed still and the staticky feeling turned into a full heavy hand. I admit I was a little freaked cos usually it would just lightly trail it's fingers over my shoulders to make me jump or arch my back, or lightly tap my head. Once I even felt a pressure on my head while sleeping or laying down, whatever it is it likes to bury its face in my neck cos I can feel the light breathing. It's not harmful in any way so I'm assuming its a spirit guide or some other ghost that likes to be touchy